RE: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Macro panoramas with webcam

  • Rick Drew
    Message 1 of 39 , Mar 3, 2009
      I made a spike that supports my tripod head. The lens base is 1.5" off the
      ground. Basically a threaded steel rod with a couple of washers and a nut to
      lock in the tripod head. The head sits right on the ground (you can also dig
      it in a little). So your view is basically at mouse height. Obviously you
      can't get in tight areas, but it works great in flower beds and the like.

      Rick Drew

    • panovrx
      Message 39 of 39 , Mar 17, 2009
        Here is another kind of "orbit" webcam, also good for capturing panoramic views
        http://www.vimeo.com/3712183
        ... I've programmed it to look where I want pretty much

        This movie is actually with my Logitech/Sunex webcam, being about the central 140 degrees of the fisheye view. The lighting is from the LED on the webcam -- a handy thing for closeup views, pity it is red.

        Peter Murphy