Re: Macro panoramas with webcam

  • panovrx
    Message 1 of 39 , Mar 3, 2009

      > Trouble with dinosaurs --
      > http://www.mediavr.com/dinos.jpg
      > the little guy is about 8mm high and the viewpoint is about 1.5cm off
      > the ground

      But it
      > will give you a lower viewpoint than almost anything (except a
      borecam).

      Talking of borecams there are very nice low level borescope pics (of
      fungi) here
      http://www.plantpath.cornell.edu/PhotoLab/Boroscope/Boroscope-main.html
      -- the viewpoint here is only a couple of millimeters from the ground
      with some of the shots. It would be great to be able to have panoramas
      from that viewpoint.
      Borescopes can have a fov of up to 90 degrees or so. And that is a
      circle, so it would be a challenge to shoot a spherical panorama with
      one. But you can use a DSLR on one. And I think if you rotate the
      borescope along its long axis the rotation is NPP.

      Ive ordered another Logitech Quickcam Pro for Notebooks webcam -- and a
      Sunex circular fisheye for the 1/4" format and I will see if I can
      adapt the fisheye to the webcam -- shortly. The Sunex DSL216 should
      give coverage on that webcam like a shaved Nikkor 10.5mm on fullframe
      DSLR
    • panovrx
      Message 39 of 39 , Mar 17, 2009
        Here is another kind of "orbit" webcam, also good for capturing panoramic views
        http://www.vimeo.com/3712183
        ... I've programmed it to look where I want pretty much

        This movie is actually with my Logitech/Sunex webcam, being about the central 140 degrees of the fisheye view. The lighting is from the LED on the webcam -- a handy thing for closeup views, pity it is red.

        Peter Murphy