Re: High resolution pano in DevalVR and KrPano (also posted on Panoguide)

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 2, 2009
      dorindxn wrote:

      > The direct link for krpano variant
      > http://dorin.europhoto.ro/dxn_pano/ManastireaBarsana5/flash/pano.html

      Incredible! This is how spherical panoramas should be!

      best regards
    • dorindxn
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 4, 2009
        Thank you Erik, it means a lot for me.

        Dorin

        > dorindxn wrote:
        >
        > > The direct link for krpano variant
        > > http://dorin.europhoto.ro/dxn_pano/ManastireaBarsana5/flash/pano.html
        >
        > Incredible! This is how spherical panoramas should be!
        >
        > best regards
        > --
        > Erik Krause
        > http://www.erik-krause.de

      • Sacha Griffin
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 4, 2009
          Yes, You certainly deserve all kudos for this image. I especially
          enjoy your delivery format. You can really enjoy every inch of the
          image if your monitor is good enough.

          I do have a question though. Are these actual living areas, or is it
          some sort of tourism/park/mini-developer led utopia area? I find it
          hard to believe people would go to such an effort to live in such a
          beautiful place in such amazing houses. Everything around me in the
          south east of the United States, barely has any attempt at an
          aesthetic at all, especially anything modern.

          Sacha

          --

          Sacha Griffin
          Southern Digital Solutions LLC
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 4, 2009
            Thank you Sacha,

            The place is Barsana Monastery, in Northern Romania, quite famous due to its wooden church, one of the tallest wooden building in the world, one can see the relative height of the people near to the distant churces.

            During 17th and 18th centuries there was forbidden to build stone orthodox churches so the people start to build in wood not only churches but houses.. almost everything.
            Even nowadays they build a wooden house w/o using a nail

            This pano was shoot with 18-55mm kit lens.

            Here are some other "low" resolution 7000x3500 shoot with Sigma 8mm on my Canon 350D
            http://www.dxn.ro/dxn_pano.html?pano=ManastireaBarsana1
            http://www.dxn.ro/dxn_pano.html?pano=ManastireaBarsana2
            http://www.dxn.ro/dxn_pano.html?pano=ManastireaBarsana3
            http://www.dxn.ro/dxn_pano.html?pano=ManastireaBarsana4
            these panos precede the high resolution one and somehow are reflecting the changing in color of the place, before the first one was rainy then become sunny and windy.

            Dorin

            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Sacha Griffin <sachagriffin@...> wrote:

            > Yes, You certainly deserve all kudos for this image. I especially
            > enjoy your delivery format. You can really enjoy every inch of the
            > image if your monitor is good enough.
            >
            > I do have a question though. Are these actual living areas, or is it
            > some sort of tourism/park/mini-developer led utopia area? I find it
            > hard to believe people would go to such an effort to live in such a
            > beautiful place in such amazing houses. Everything around me in the
            > south east of the United States, barely has any attempt at an
            > aesthetic at all, especially anything modern.
            >
            > Sacha
            >
            > On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 4:46 AM, dorindxn <Dorin@...> wrote:
            > > Thank you Erik, it means a lot for me.
            > >
            > > Dorin
            > >
            > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Erik Krause <erik.krause@> wrote:

            > >> Incredible! This is how spherical panoramas should be!
            > >>
            > >> best regards
            > >> --
            > >> Erik Krause
            > >> http://www.erik-krause.de
            > >>

            > --
            >
            > Sacha Griffin
            > Southern Digital Solutions LLC
            > http://www.southern-digital.com
            > http://www.seeit360.net
            > 404-551-4275

          • tksharpless
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 9, 2009
              Most impressive. The krpano version really shows the benefit of adapting resolution according to zoom.

              Regards, Tom