Re: [PanoToolsNG] Bookmarklets (was: Photosynth for Video)

  • John Riley
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 1, 2009
      On a Mac, a useful item is ShrinkURL. It installs as a service menu
      item that works in any editable text. You can get it at http://
      tinyurl.com/yqulx6

      I'm sure there is a windows equivalent. There is a Firefox add-on,
      of course, too.

      Neater still: http://snipurl.com/ . You can create CUSTOM shrunk
      URLs with memorable links - way cool.

      John

      John Riley
      johnriley@...
      jriley@...

      On Feb 26, 2009, at 4:12 PM, Erik Krause wrote:

      > Kathy Wheeler wrote:
      >
      > > It certainly did Mark, at least with Mac Mail. It's certainly
      > quicker
      > > and easier than running off to tinyurl
      >
      > You can put tinyURL as bookmarklet into your toolbar, which is very
      > fast
      > and convenient: http://tinyurl.com/#toolbar
      >
      > This works for other pages, too. Put this line
      > javascript:void(location.href='http://wiki.panotools.org/
      > Special:Search?search='+document.getSelection()+'&go=Go')
      > in the location field of a bookmark and you get instant search of a
      > selected word in the panotools wiki :-)
      >
      > --
      > Erik Krause
      > http://www.erik-krause.de

    • AYRTON
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 1, 2009
        On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 8:58 PM, John Riley <johnriley@...> wrote:

        > On a Mac, a useful item is ShrinkURL. It installs as a service menu
        > item that works in any editable text. You can get it at http://
        > tinyurl.com/yqulx6

        Ther;s also a
        http://is.gd
        that is very very fast :-)

        best
        AYRTON

        > I'm sure there is a windows equivalent. There is a Firefox add-on,
        > of course, too.
        >
        > Neater still: http://snipurl.com/ . You can create CUSTOM shrunk
        > URLs with memorable links - way cool.
        >
        > John
        >
        > John Riley
        > johnriley@...
        > jriley@...
        >

        > On Feb 26, 2009, at 4:12 PM, Erik Krause wrote:
        >
        > > Kathy Wheeler wrote:
        > >
        > > > It certainly did Mark, at least with Mac Mail. It's certainly
        > > quicker
        > > > and easier than running off to tinyurl
        > >
        > > You can put tinyURL as bookmarklet into your toolbar, which is very
        > > fast
        > > and convenient: http://tinyurl.com/#toolbar
        > >
        > > This works for other pages, too. Put this line
        > > javascript:void(location.href='http://wiki.panotools.org/
        > > Special:Search?search='+document.getSelection()+'&go=Go')
        > > in the location field of a bookmark and you get instant search of a
        > > selected word in the panotools wiki :-)
        > >
        > > --
        > > Erik Krause
        > > http://www.erik-krause.de