Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Macro panoramas with webcam

  • Ken Warner
    Message 1 of 39 , Feb 28, 2009
      Interesting. Last night I was dreaming about a micro gigapan robot
      head based on the Logitec Orb. That would be a fun thing to do -- if
      I was smart enough. There's guys on this list that are smart enough...

      panovrx wrote:
      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Ken Warner <kwarner000@...> wrote:
      >
      >>I looked at the specs -- it has autofocus and I guess some kind
      >>of exposure control. I wonder if those features could be disabled and
      >>if that would help to get constant exposures?
      >

      > Yes there is manual exposure override -- well it is called "gain"
      > and "exposure" -- in the advanced settings . Exposure is shutter
      > speed, though you wont know the actual value -- I think the slowest
      > speed is a second or so. Gain is like ISO. This is using the Logitech
      > software. There is third party software than can be used for remote
      > (and local) access, sequences at intervals, pan, tilt scripting to some
      > extent.
      > http://www.multicamserver.com/en/
      >
      > There is manual focus in the Logitech software. It is really precise
      > and easy to use on a screen.
      >
      > Peter Murphy
      >

      >>panovrx wrote:
      >>
      >>>Trouble with dinosaurs --
      >>>http://www.mediavr.com/dinos.jpg
      >>>the little guy is about 8mm high and the viewpoint is about 1.5cm
      >
      > off
      >
      >>>the ground

    • panovrx
      Message 39 of 39 , Mar 17, 2009
        Here is another kind of "orbit" webcam, also good for capturing panoramic views
        http://www.vimeo.com/3712183
        ... I've programmed it to look where I want pretty much

        This movie is actually with my Logitech/Sunex webcam, being about the central 140 degrees of the fisheye view. The lighting is from the LED on the webcam -- a handy thing for closeup views, pity it is red.

        Peter Murphy