Re: Macro panoramas with webcam

  • erik leeman
    Message 1 of 39 , Feb 28, 2009
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "panovrx" wrote:
      > PTGui says the HFOV for an image in vertical format is 46 degrees --
      > which seems about right to me
      >
      > Peter

      Hmmm, that's seems bit tight for a (practical) 360x180.
      It would take about 6 rows then, I 'guestimate'.
      I'd need to build a tiny tilting panohead for accurate and quick
      adjustments....
      With a sufficiently stiff mechanical support this camera should yield
      quite a nice macro-VR resolution though!

      Erik L
    • panovrx
      Message 39 of 39 , Mar 17, 2009
        Here is another kind of "orbit" webcam, also good for capturing panoramic views
        http://www.vimeo.com/3712183
        ... I've programmed it to look where I want pretty much

        This movie is actually with my Logitech/Sunex webcam, being about the central 140 degrees of the fisheye view. The lighting is from the LED on the webcam -- a handy thing for closeup views, pity it is red.

        Peter Murphy