Re: Macro panoramas with webcam

  • panovrx
    Message 1 of 39 , Feb 28, 2009

      > I looked at the specs -- it has autofocus and I guess some kind
      > of exposure control. I wonder if those features could be disabled and
      > if that would help to get constant exposures?

      Yes there is manual exposure override -- well it is called "gain"
      and "exposure" -- in the advanced settings . Exposure is shutter
      speed, though you wont know the actual value -- I think the slowest
      speed is a second or so. Gain is like ISO. This is using the Logitech
      software. There is third party software than can be used for remote
      (and local) access, sequences at intervals, pan, tilt scripting to some
      extent.
      http://www.multicamserver.com/en/

      There is manual focus in the Logitech software. It is really precise
      and easy to use on a screen.

      Peter Murphy

      > panovrx wrote:
      > > Trouble with dinosaurs --
      > > http://www.mediavr.com/dinos.jpg
      > > the little guy is about 8mm high and the viewpoint is about 1.5cm
      off
      > > the ground
    • panovrx
      Message 39 of 39 , Mar 17 2:03 AM
        Here is another kind of "orbit" webcam, also good for capturing panoramic views
        http://www.vimeo.com/3712183
        ... I've programmed it to look where I want pretty much

        This movie is actually with my Logitech/Sunex webcam, being about the central 140 degrees of the fisheye view. The lighting is from the LED on the webcam -- a handy thing for closeup views, pity it is red.

        Peter Murphy