Re: [PanoToolsNG] Macro panoramas with webcam

  • Ken Warner
    Message 1 of 39 , Feb 28 1:53 AM
      I looked at the specs -- it has autofocus and I guess some kind
      of exposure control. I wonder if those features could be disabled and
      if that would help to get constant exposures?

      panovrx wrote:
      > Trouble with dinosaurs --
      > http://www.mediavr.com/dinos.jpg
      > the little guy is about 8mm high and the viewpoint is about 1.5cm off
      > the ground
      >
      > I have been wanting to do some panoramas of ants, architectural models
      > etc and so did a test with the smallest camera I have -- a Logitech
      > Notebook Pro. I attached a large washer under the camera with Bluetak,
      > traced its outline on paper and rotated and shifted the camera with
      > that as a guide til I found the No Parallax Point. It stitched ok --
      > this is three shots in vertical format = about 100 degrees cylindrical.
      > The image quality with the Zeiss lens on this webcam is good. It is
      > just a pity there is no aperture to get more depth of field. But it
      > will give you a lower viewpoint than almost anything (except a borecam).
      > The Logitech Orbit actually has motorized pan and tilt, but the
      > rotation is not NPP and it is not quite as small as the Logitech
      > Notebook Pro, but the optics etc are the same.
      >
      > Peter Murphy

    • panovrx
      Message 39 of 39 , Mar 17, 2009
        Here is another kind of "orbit" webcam, also good for capturing panoramic views
        http://www.vimeo.com/3712183
        ... I've programmed it to look where I want pretty much

        This movie is actually with my Logitech/Sunex webcam, being about the central 140 degrees of the fisheye view. The lighting is from the LED on the webcam -- a handy thing for closeup views, pity it is red.

        Peter Murphy