Re: Macro panoramas with webcam

  • erik leeman
    Message 1 of 39 , Feb 28, 2009
      Hey Peter, that looks good!
      After some test with my far too big'nbulky 5D I've had plans for using
      a webcam instead, but because I didn't expect image quality to be
      anywhere near acceptable yet I put everything on hold for the time
      being. Your image shows it can be done with cameras already available,
      great!
      What would you estimate the 35mm equivalent of the lens of your camera
      to be? Or, in other words, how many rows and columns would be needed
      for a 360x180 with reasonable overlap?

      Cheers!

      Erik Leeman

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "panovrx" wrote:

      > Trouble with dinosaurs --
      > http://www.mediavr.com/dinos.jpg
      > the little guy is about 8mm high and the viewpoint is about 1.5cm
      > off the ground
      > ...snip...
      > The Logitech Orbit actually has motorized pan and tilt, but the
      > rotation is not NPP and it is not quite as small as the Logitech
      > Notebook Pro, but the optics etc are the same.
      >
      > Peter Murphy
    • panovrx
      Message 39 of 39 , Mar 17, 2009
        Here is another kind of "orbit" webcam, also good for capturing panoramic views
        http://www.vimeo.com/3712183
        ... I've programmed it to look where I want pretty much

        This movie is actually with my Logitech/Sunex webcam, being about the central 140 degrees of the fisheye view. The lighting is from the LED on the webcam -- a handy thing for closeup views, pity it is red.

        Peter Murphy