how can I change exposure metadata of Tiffs?

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 27, 2009
      I shot some RAW files, converted them normal exposure versions, +1 exposure versions, and
      -1 exposure versions in Adobe Raw. Then loaded them into PTGui 8.1.1 on my Mac. But it
      wont' work because I get the error message "All sources were taken with the same exposure
      settings. To create HDR panos, take bracketed exposures" Of course I know this and usually
      do it this way, but in this case, the wind was blowing the vegetation too much.

      Is there a way to manipulate PTGui, OR the Tiff file's exposure metadata so I can run this as if
      they were taken at different exposures? there must be!

      thank

      Chris
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 27, 2009
        Chris wrote:

        > Is there a way to manipulate PTGui, OR the Tiff file's exposure
        > metadata so I can run this as if they were taken at different
        > exposures? there must be

        You can simply edit exposure date in PTGUI, Image Parameters tab. You
        need to switch to advanced interface to do that. Then scroll to Exposure
        columns and modify Exposure or Aperture.

        To modify the TIFF files EXIF info directly use f.e. exiftool with (on
        windows) exiftool GUI: http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/
        http://freeweb.siol.net/hrastni3/foto/exif/exiftoolgui.htm

        For other OS search http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/#links