Re: ND filters, shared expense?

  • robert_harshman
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 27, 2009
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Krueger <krueger@...> wrote:

      > For special requests you can ask www.Heliopan.de / info at heliopan.de

      thanks Thomas, but they only make very high quality glass filters from
      what I can tell, the nikon 10.5 and Sigma 8 require a gelatin filter
      for their back location. At least I don't think you could put glass in
      their, a bit too thick.

      But they do make great filters, I have one of their 77mm circular
      polarizing filters and it's great - but very expensive.

      And FYI - if you've not emailed me already then I'm afraid its too
      late, all the little bits of gelatin are spoken for.

      Regards,

      Robert
    • Thomas Krueger
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 28, 2009
        Robert Harshman wrote:

        > thanks Thomas, but they only make very high quality glass filters from
        > what I can tell, the nikon 10.5 and Sigma 8 require a gelatin filter
        > for their back location.

        I know that you can't use glass filters on these lenses, but I would ask
        Heliopan if they have a solution.
        Here is another link for gelatine filters up to 4.0 density:
        http://www.galvoptics.fsnet.co.uk/filters.htm

        -----
        Greetings, Thomas - http://www.thomaskrueger.eu thomaskrueger.eu