Re: White pixels with Flash player v10,0,22,87 for Firefox

  • erik leeman
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 26, 2009
      Reboot, warmup, test...test...test: negative, no malfunctions.
      Phew!

      Erik Leeman

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "erik leeman" <erik.leeman@...> wrote:

      > I'll be home again in about an hour or so I can restart my PC again.
      > Maybe it was a buggy side effect of installing the update without a
      > cold reboot. I didn't have the time to check that last night, so
      > fingers crossed doing that now cures it. Reading that others don't see
      > the artifacts is sort of a relief, the plugin seems to be okay but my
      > PC might not be...
      >
      > Thanks for checking!
      >
      > Erik Leeman
    • Hans Nyberg
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 26, 2009
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Jeffrey Martin <360cities@...> wrote:

        > I don't see that. But overall I'm not happy with Flash 10. It sucks
        > every ounce of my one year-old dual-core processor, and the frame rate
        > of panos is lower. I'd rather have the wavy lines of flash 9. I hope
        > they improve flash 10 soon.

        Thats because he has the stupid idea that the movequality should be high by default.
        Denis has done the same for FPP which means I also need to change the motionQuality2 to
        low when updating to the flash 10 viewer

        I can see that the KRPano developer (sorry can not remember his name) claims that he did
        it because it is no difference.
        Really if it was no difference between low and high why the h... does he supply us with a
        special setting for the Flash 10 quality.

        I checked the difference on my Mac in Fullscreen and framerate on my old DualCore G5 is
        only 14 with High quality but 19 with low.
        If I change to Flash 9 I get only 9 for HIGH quality and 14 for LOW

        So my Framerate is faster with KRPano Flash 10