Photosynth for Video

  • Aaron Spence
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 24, 2009
      http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/02/24/microsoft-techfest-qik-meets-
      photosynth-with-impressive-panoramic-mobile-movies/

      Realtime panoramic video from separate unrelated video sources. Just
      a technology demo at this point.

      Aaron Spence.
      http://panedia.com
    • Aaron Spence
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 24, 2009
        Sorry, here is a working link:

        http://is.gd/kJWn

        Yahoo groups are rubbish, not being able to post a long link is so
        lame.

        Thanks, Aaron.
      • Mark D. Fink
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 25, 2009
          Hi Aaron,

          Thanks for the link. I think if you put < at the beginning of the URL and >
          at the end, long links work. Let's see if it works with your original URL
          below:

          <http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/02/24/microsoft-techfest-qik-meets-photosynt
          h-with-impressive-panoramic-mobile-movies/>

          Mark
          www.pinnacle-vr.com
          www.northernlight.net
          www.360cities.net

        • Kathy Wheeler
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 25, 2009
            On 26/02/2009, at 12:07 AM, Mark D. Fink wrote:
            > I think if you put < at the beginning of the URL and >
            > at the end, long links work. Let's see if it works with your
            > original URL
            > below:

            It certainly did Mark, at least with Mac Mail. It's certainly quicker
            and easier than running off to tinyurl ...

            Question is how many other mail apps support it? That could be a damn
            useful tip.

            KathyW.
          • crane@ukonline.co.uk
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 25, 2009
              Quoting Kathy Wheeler <kathyw@...>:

              > On 26/02/2009, at 12:07 AM, Mark D. Fink wrote:
              > > I think if you put < at the beginning of the URL and >
              > > at the end, long links work. Let's see if it works with your
              > > original URL
              > > below:
              >
              > It certainly did Mark, at least with Mac Mail. It's certainly quicker
              > and easier than running off to tinyurl ...
              >
              > Question is how many other mail apps support it? That could be a damn
              > useful tip.

              it didn't work on this webmail thing which is probably horde/imp or something it
              breaks over the line breaks.

              regards

              mick

            • Aaron Spence
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 25, 2009
                G'day Mark,

                It didn't work here on the yahoo groups page... and that's my point :)
                It doesn't appear yahoo have done any work on groups for a very long
                time. They're ugly & work poorly.

                Still they're free, and we get to communicate so I'm not suggesting we
                abandon them.

                Thanks, Aaron.
                http://panedia.com
              • AYRTON
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 25, 2009
                  On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 10:07 AM, Mark D. Fink
                  <markdfink@...>wrote:

                  > Hi Aaron,
                  >
                  > Thanks for the link. I think if you put < at the beginning of the URL and >
                  > at the end, long links work.

                  I always do like that too
                  And it works perfect even on GMAIL and other softwares

                  best
                  AYRTON

                  > Let's see if it works with your original URL
                  > below:
                  >
                  > <
                  > http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/02/24/microsoft-techfest-qik-meets-photosynt
                  > h-with-impressive-panoramic-mobile-movies/>
                  >
                  > Mark
                  > www.pinnacle-vr.com
                  > www.northernlight.net
                  > www.360cities.net

                  ------------
                  | A Y R |
                  | T O N |
                  ------------

                  + 55 21 9982 6313

                  http://ayrton360.com
                  http://rio.360cities.net
                  http://vrfolio.com
                  http://ayrton.com

                • fierodeval
                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 25, 2009
                    wow! Thanks for the link Aaron, very interesting.

                    regards!
                    fiero

                    --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Aaron Spence" <aaron@...> wrote:

                    > Sorry, here is a working link:
                    >
                    > http://is.gd/kJWn
                    >
                    > Yahoo groups are rubbish, not being able to post a long link is so
                    > lame.
                    >
                    > Thanks, Aaron.

                  • Daniel Reetz
                    Message 9 of 12 , Feb 26, 2009
                      > I always do like that too
                      > And it works perfect even on GMAIL and other softwares

                      >> http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/02/24/microsoft-techfest-qik-meets-photosynt
                      >> h-with-impressive-panoramic-mobile-movies/>

                      Actually, for reference, it didn't work with my Gmail account.
                      Regards,
                      DR
                      Message 10 of 12 , Feb 26, 2009
                        Kathy Wheeler wrote:

                        > It certainly did Mark, at least with Mac Mail. It's certainly quicker
                        > and easier than running off to tinyurl

                        You can put tinyURL as bookmarklet into your toolbar, which is very fast
                        and convenient: http://tinyurl.com/#toolbar

                        This works for other pages, too. Put this line
                        javascript:void(location.href='http://wiki.panotools.org/Special:Search?search='+document.getSelection()+'&go=Go')
                        in the location field of a bookmark and you get instant search of a
                        selected word in the panotools wiki :-)

                      • John Riley
                        Message 11 of 12 , Mar 1, 2009
                          On a Mac, a useful item is ShrinkURL. It installs as a service menu
                          item that works in any editable text. You can get it at http://
                          tinyurl.com/yqulx6

                          I'm sure there is a windows equivalent. There is a Firefox add-on,
                          of course, too.

                          Neater still: http://snipurl.com/ . You can create CUSTOM shrunk
                          URLs with memorable links - way cool.

                          John

                          John Riley
                          johnriley@...
                          jriley@...

                          On Feb 26, 2009, at 4:12 PM, Erik Krause wrote:

                          > Kathy Wheeler wrote:
                          >
                          > > It certainly did Mark, at least with Mac Mail. It's certainly
                          > quicker
                          > > and easier than running off to tinyurl
                          >
                          > You can put tinyURL as bookmarklet into your toolbar, which is very
                          > fast
                          > and convenient: http://tinyurl.com/#toolbar
                          >
                          > This works for other pages, too. Put this line
                          > javascript:void(location.href='http://wiki.panotools.org/
                          > Special:Search?search='+document.getSelection()+'&go=Go')
                          > in the location field of a bookmark and you get instant search of a
                          > selected word in the panotools wiki :-)
                          >
                          > --
                          > Erik Krause
                          > http://www.erik-krause.de

                        • AYRTON
                          Message 12 of 12 , Mar 1, 2009
                            On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 8:58 PM, John Riley <johnriley@...> wrote:

                            > On a Mac, a useful item is ShrinkURL. It installs as a service menu
                            > item that works in any editable text. You can get it at http://
                            > tinyurl.com/yqulx6

                            Ther;s also a
                            http://is.gd
                            that is very very fast :-)

                            best
                            AYRTON

                            > I'm sure there is a windows equivalent. There is a Firefox add-on,
                            > of course, too.
                            >
                            > Neater still: http://snipurl.com/ . You can create CUSTOM shrunk
                            > URLs with memorable links - way cool.
                            >
                            > John
                            >
                            > John Riley
                            > johnriley@...
                            > jriley@...
                            >

                            > On Feb 26, 2009, at 4:12 PM, Erik Krause wrote:
                            >
                            > > Kathy Wheeler wrote:
                            > >
                            > > > It certainly did Mark, at least with Mac Mail. It's certainly
                            > > quicker
                            > > > and easier than running off to tinyurl
                            > >
                            > > You can put tinyURL as bookmarklet into your toolbar, which is very
                            > > fast
                            > > and convenient: http://tinyurl.com/#toolbar
                            > >
                            > > This works for other pages, too. Put this line
                            > > javascript:void(location.href='http://wiki.panotools.org/
                            > > Special:Search?search='+document.getSelection()+'&go=Go')
                            > > in the location field of a bookmark and you get instant search of a
                            > > selected word in the panotools wiki :-)
                            > >
                            > > --
                            > > Erik Krause
                            > > http://www.erik-krause.de