Panini

  • RobLee
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 24, 2009
      Call me whatever you want, but tell me what Panini supposed to do?

      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 24, 2009
        RobLee wrote:

        > Call me whatever you want, but tell me what Panini supposed to do?

        Look here: http://wiki.panotools.org/Projections#Pannini_projection

        And more examples: http://flickr.com/groups/vedutismo/

        "Vedutismo" is another name of the same (or rather: a similar) projection.

        BTW.: New PTGui 8.1 supports these projections, too.

      • Rick Drew
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 24, 2009
          I've been shopping for a Drobo robotic drive bay for a while - It's a cool
          system, and one that would really give me peace of mind. I was shopping at
          Amazon today and found them on sale, plus a $50 rebate. I ordered one, and
          four 1.5 TB drives, If you're not familiar with them, take a look. We always
          talk about out tripod heads, lenses, and software - and occasionally about
          storage. I have 800 gig of photos and client files, and DVD's only have a
          shelf life of a year or two.

          Just thought I'd pass on the news - the rebate is good till the end or
          March.

          Rick Drew

        • tksharpless
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 24, 2009
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, RobLee <roblee007@...> wrote:

            > Call me whatever you want, but tell me what Panini supposed to do?

            It is a pano viewer that can display more than just the usual
            rectilinear perspective views of parts of the pano; can in fact "zoom"
            continuously from rectilinear to either a spherical or a cylindrical
            orthographic projection, via the very useful stereographic and Pannini
            projections respectively. And it has something resembling view camera
            shifts.

            All of which lets you adjust the apparent perspective of the view, as
            well as the direction and width. And it all works at "mouse speed"
            with immediate results. And you can save views as jpegs.

            Here are some testimonials:

            "Makes thumbnails that look better than the panos"
            "I could play with this for hours"
            "Best composition tool I've used"

            Try it, you'll like it. :-)

            -- Tom
          • RobLee
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 24, 2009
              where those pictures panoramas?

              > Call me whatever you want, but tell me what Panini supposed to do?

              Look here: http://wiki. panotools. org/Projections# Pannini_projecti on

              And more examples: http://flickr. com/groups/ vedutismo/

              "Vedutismo" is another name of the same (or rather: a similar) projection.

              BTW.: New PTGui 8.1 supports these projections, too.

              http://www.erik- krause.de

            • ptgroup
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 25, 2009
                Panini has different input option.
                I used 360° equi- panos and it works great with them.
                Does not replaye FlexyFly - but does a great job.
                ----------------------------
                360° VR Fotografie:
                http://www.360de.de

                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 25, 2009
                  Hi Rob,

                  --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, RobLee <roblee007@...> wrote:

                  > where those pictures panoramas?

                  Yes, they all began as stitched panoramas. In two cases the stitcher
                  made the Pannini/vedutismo/equi-perspective projection, one was
                  converted to Pannini from equirectanguar with Panini and (I think) one
                  was converted with Bruno Postle's Mathmap script.

                  --Tom
                • mrjimbo
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 25, 2009
                    Rick ,
                    Yup this is stuff we do need to pay attention to.. I am just finishing up an install of a similar system so maybe I'll share that also.. WHat I was after was two housing that I could mirror one to teh other and stripe each for speed.. Their were two way to go.. both using Sata.. I bought 10 1.5 TB Seagates.. I looked at 2 different possible set ups.. teh first was each housing held 5 drives and it used a technology similar to a USB hub in which 5 drives were hooked up thru only one sata port.. but of course this was a little slower.. The other set up only held 4 drives but used a multilane connector so that it actually worked using 4 seperate sata connection.. I ended up going teh later way an have a 2 drive housing that hookes up directly thru a network connection to use the last 2 drives..
                    The housing and the sat acard of eithe rmethod was more cost effective then the drobo... no clue if it's any better yet but I do like that all the drives have theri own sata port.. I just got it going but so far it's looking pretty good.
                    I don't believe in CD's or DVD's for Back up as I've been burned too many times.. Redundant drives seems to mak emore sense..One of the housings is in the studio and the other is in the house..

                    jimbo