Re: [PanoToolsNG] problem of smartblend

  • Fulvio Senore
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 20, 2009
      There is not any error. It looks like smartblend uses a third party
      library to handle tiff files (you can see the dll) and this library
      writes files in that way.
      Everything is explained in the tiff specifications, but IIRIC the tiff
      header contains a field that explains how pixels are stored in the file.
      If rows are stored from bottom to top the field contains a different
      value so a program can correctly load the image.
      The problem is that many programs do not look at that field and
      incorrectly assume that rows are always stored from top to bottom.

      To be honest the tiff specs are very complex so it is very hard to write
      a program that can handle all possible kinds of tiff files. I learned
      this when smartblend was released, FSPviewer showed those images upside
      down and I had to update it.

      Anyway the error is not in smartblend, but in the program that opens the
      tiff file.

      Fulvio