Re:interactive 3D object inside a Pano2VR Flash panorama

  • erik leeman
    Message 1 of 22 , Feb 14, 2009
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Paul Fretheim wrote:

      > Hi Erik,
      >
      > Switching to Flash solved the problem. I can see the cube now. What
      > program did you use to map the image to the cube?
      >
      > Patrick's cube worked even though I have DevalVR installed.
      >
      > Paul Fretheim

      Hi Paul, glad that it worked.
      I used Flash CS4 to make that cube using the Papervision3D add-on.
      What you see are normal cubefaces scaled down to fit the cube.

      This is just a simple test to see if it is possible to have
      interactive 3D elements inside an also interactive VR panorama.

      Next step would be to map an equirectangular image to a sphere. That
      would be soooo much nicer that the animations I've made so far. And
      then? Animated birds? Whatever you can think of and build? If all
      this works (and development of true GPU hardware acceleration by Flash
      pushes forward) wonderful possibilities become within reach!

      My website is set up in such a way that it prefers DevalVR to Flash,
      and Flash to QuickTime. Only the Flash version has the experimental
      goodies. Patrick's demo most probably is available in Flash only.

      Cheers!

      Erik Leeman