Blog with panoramas?

  • Karol Kwiatek
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 13, 2009
      Do you know a blog where panoramas could be also presented in
      interactive form?
      I thought about Wordpress Premium, but I am not sure if you can have
      interactive images inside your blog there.
      Can you recommend blogs for panoramas?
      Karol
    • Matt Smith
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 13, 2009
        You can add an swf to blogger.com.

        It accepts an embed command. http://asamplingofproducts.blogspot.com/

        Hop it helps.

        Matt Smith
        PhotoSpherix
        317.396.5791
        360 Product Photography
        Indianapolis, Indiana USA
        http://www.photospherix.com

        On Feb 13, 2009, at 6:44 AM, Karol Kwiatek wrote:

        > Do you know a blog where panoramas could be also presented in
        > interactive form?
        > I thought about Wordpress Premium, but I am not sure if you can have
        > interactive images inside your blog there.
        > Can you recommend blogs for panoramas?
        > Karol

      • ptgroup
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 16, 2009
          Also Atanas Minev's pano.net could be a solution

          http://pan0.net/

          ciao
          mike
          360� VR Fotografie:
          http://www.360de.de
          -----Urspr�ngliche Nachricht-----

            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 17, 2009
              pan0.net

              Before posting on pan0.net read the TOS: http://pan0.net/terms-of-use

              5.3. For clarity, you retain all of your ownership rights in your User
              Submissions. However, by submitting User Submissions to Pan0.net, you hereby
              grant Pan0.net a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and
              transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works
              of, display, and perform the User Submissions in connection with the
              Pan0.net Website and Pan0.net's (and its successors' and affiliates')
              business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part
              or all of the Pan0.net Website (and derivative works thereof) in any media
              formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each user of
              the Pan0.net Website a non-exclusive license to access your User Submissions
              through the Website, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform
              such User Submissions as permitted through the functionality of the Website
              and under these Terms of Use. Once granted by you, the above licenses do not
              terminate after you remove or delete your User Photos from the Pan0.net
              Service. You understand and agree, that Pan0.net may retain, display,
              distribute, or perform, server copies of User Submissions that have been
              removed or deleted. The above licenses granted by you in User Comments are
              perpetual and irrevocable.

              -----
              Greetings, Thomas - http://www.thomaskrueger.eu thomaskrueger.eu
            • ptgroup
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 17, 2009
                Yes Thomas,
                that surely is an issue Atanas has to work on if he wants his service
                to increase.
                I think he just wrote it because he didn�t know better though.
                We�ll see what the future of pano.net brings.
                The "Who Is" entry looks a little weird to me.
                Actual name etc. are protected - is this a sign of a suspicious service ?

                ciao
                mike

                ----------------------------
                360� VR Fotografie:
                http://www.360de.de
                -----Urspr�ngliche Nachricht-----

                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 17, 2009
                  --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Krueger <krueger@...> wrote:

                  > pan0.net
                  >
                  > Before posting on pan0.net read the TOS: http://pan0.net/terms-of-use
                  >
                  > 5.3. For clarity, you retain all of your ownership rights in your User
                  > Submissions. However, by submitting User Submissions to Pan0.net, you hereby
                  > grant Pan0.net a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and
                  > transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works
                  > of, display, and perform the User Submissions in connection with the
                  > Pan0.net Website and Pan0.net's (and its successors' and affiliates')
                  > business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part
                  > or all of the Pan0.net Website (and derivative works thereof) in any media
                  > formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each user of
                  > the Pan0.net Website a non-exclusive license to access your User Submissions
                  > through the Website, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform
                  > such User Submissions as permitted through the functionality of the Website
                  > and under these Terms of Use. Once granted by you, the above licenses do not
                  > terminate after you remove or delete your User Photos from the Pan0.net
                  > Service. You understand and agree, that Pan0.net may retain, display,
                  > distribute, or perform, server copies of User Submissions that have been
                  > removed or deleted. The above licenses granted by you in User Comments are
                  > perpetual and irrevocable.

                  Sounds very similar to a recent update of Facebook's TOS:

                  "You hereby grant Facebook an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide
                  license (with the right to sublicense) to (a) use, copy, publish, stream, store, retain, publicly perform or
                  display, transmit, scan, reformat, modify, edit, frame, translate, excerpt, adapt, create derivative works and
                  distribute (through multiple tiers), any User Content you (i) Post on or in connection with the Facebook
                  Service."

                  --
                  Patrick

                  http://panosalado.com
                • Keith Martin
                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 18, 2009
                    >The "Who Is" entry looks a little weird to me.
                    >Actual name etc. are protected - is this a sign of a suspicious service ?

                    That sort of thing is not uncommon. Try looking up the whois info for
                    my panoramaphotographer.com domain; the host company provides this
                    gatekeeper service as standard, although it is a matter of a few
                    clicks to turn it off.

                  • Atanas Minev
                    Message 9 of 12 , Feb 18, 2009
                      Hello all,

                      Thanks for the interest on pan0.net. Sorry for not noticing this
                      thread earlier. Let me make some things clear:

                      1. I have removed WhoIsGuard protection on the domain - my name and
                      email are there now.

                      2. Maybe TOS sounds a bit too restrictive, but as Patrick said it's
                      not uncommon. I'm not a lawyer and TOS is written by a friend of mine,
                      which is a lawyer and I contacted him to find out how it can be
                      written to be more understandable. I don't want to keep away users - I
                      just want to be on the safe side.

                      3. The intention of pan0.net is to allow anyone to publish their work
                      and let it be viewable by anyone on the web and embedded in any
                      website - just what video sites offer for videos. Authors have full
                      rights on their work and may choose to remove it at any time.

                      4. pan0.net is still young. More featured version is in progress, but
                      I prefer to announce it when it's ready. Meanwhile, if the current
                      version is good for you to share your work - you are welcome to use
                      it.

                      Atanas Minev
                      pan0.net

                      On 2/18/09, Keith Martin <keith@...> wrote:
                      >>The "Who Is" entry looks a little weird to me.
                      >>Actual name etc. are protected - is this a sign of a suspicious service ?
                      >
                      > That sort of thing is not uncommon. Try looking up the whois info for
                      > my panoramaphotographer.com domain; the host company provides this
                      > gatekeeper service as standard, although it is a matter of a few
                      > clicks to turn it off.

                    • panovrx
                      Message 10 of 12 , Feb 18, 2009
                        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Karol Kwiatek" <k_kwiatek@...>
                        wrote:

                        > Do you know a blog where panoramas could be also presented in
                        > interactive form?
                        > I thought about Wordpress Premium, but I am not sure if you can have
                        > interactive images inside your blog there.
                        > Can you recommend blogs for panoramas?
                        > Karol

                        You can embed Object2VR object movies (flash) in regular Wordpress
                        blogs using the Kimili plugin
                        http://kimili.com/plugins/kml_flashembed
                        -- eg.
                        http://www.mediavr.com/3d .... "interactive wiggle movies" . So I am
                        pretty sure Pano2VR panoramas would work too.

                        Peter Murphy
                      • Atanas Minev
                        Message 11 of 12 , Feb 23, 2009
                          pan0.net's Terms of use have been updated. This is the modified part:

                          5.3. For clarity, you retain all of your ownership rights in your User
                          Submissions. However, by submitting User Submissions to Pan0.net, you
                          hereby grant Pan0.net a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free,
                          sublicenseable and transferable license to use and display the User
                          Submissions in connection with the Pan0.net Website and Pan0.net's
                          (and its successors' and affiliates') business, including without
                          limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the
                          Pan0.net Website (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats
                          and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each user of the
                          Pan0.net Website a non-exclusive license to access your User
                          Submissions through the Website, and view such User Submissions as

                          On 2/17/09, Thomas Krueger <krueger@...> wrote:

                          > pan0.net
                          >
                          > Before posting on pan0.net read the TOS: http://pan0.net/terms-of-use
                          >
                          > 5.3. For clarity, you retain all of your ownership rights in your User
                          > Submissions. However, by submitting User Submissions to Pan0.net, you hereby
                          > grant Pan0.net a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and
                          > transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works
                          > of, display, and perform the User Submissions in connection with the
                          > Pan0.net Website and Pan0.net's (and its successors' and affiliates')
                          > business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part
                          > or all of the Pan0.net Website (and derivative works thereof) in any media
                          > formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each user of
                          > the Pan0.net Website a non-exclusive license to access your User Submissions
                          > through the Website, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform
                          > such User Submissions as permitted through the functionality of the Website
                          > and under these Terms of Use. Once granted by you, the above licenses do not
                          > terminate after you remove or delete your User Photos from the Pan0.net
                          > Service. You understand and agree, that Pan0.net may retain, display,
                          > distribute, or perform, server copies of User Submissions that have been
                          > removed or deleted. The above licenses granted by you in User Comments are
                          > perpetual and irrevocable.
                          >
                          > -----
                          > Greetings, Thomas - http://www.thomaskrueger.eu thomaskrueger.eu

                        • Nicolas Burtey
                          Message 12 of 12 , Feb 25, 2009
                            I've also use an embed swf in the header of my blog :
                            http://www.nicolasburtey.net