Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Big sky / blank wall problem...

  • Matthew Rogers
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 3, 2009
      Or you can just drag them into place in the editor window.

      Matt

      On 3 Feb 2009, at 12:50, Ken Warner wrote:

      > Yes, I've got an NN3. So the yaw, pitch, roll params are
      > easy to set.
      >
      > So then by using the template and the y/p/r params, I don't
      > need to set any control points in the featureless images?
      >
      > That sounds too easy :-)
      >
      > John Houghton wrote:
      > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Ken Warner <kwarner000@...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > >>Can you tell PTGui to use the lens parameters from a template
      > >

      > > Ken, Yes. Use File->Apply Template, and navigate to a project file
      > > from a similar shoot that has been successfully stitched.
      > > Alternatively, make use of the fact that (assuming you are using a
      > > panohead with detents): all the images in a row will have the same
      > > pitch and the same roll, and all the images in a column will have
      > the
      > > same yaw.
      > >
      > > John

    • John Houghton
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 3, 2009

        > So then by using the template and the y/p/r params, I don't
        > need to set any control points in the featureless images?

        Ken, That's right. Note that you can still level the panorama using
        t1/t2 points and the levelling feature on the Edit menu of the Panorama
        Editor. That will shift the entire panorama into the correct position,
        whereas using the optimizer would shift only those images connected by
        control points, i.e. not the featureless images.

        John
      • Ken Warner
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 6, 2009
          Hi John,

          I made a template and applied it to a big sky pano. Came out ok
          for me. Wasn't too hard. I applied the template and then made
          some control points in images that had obvious features and let
          the sky images just sort of float. Seemed to work ok.

          Here's a .4meg version in my notorious Java viewer and here's a link to
          the equirect.

          http://pancyl.com/Scotty2.htm
          http://pancyl.com/images/Scotty2.jpg

          Thanks for the help...

          Ken

          John Houghton wrote:
          > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Ken Warner <kwarner000@...> wrote:
          >
          >>Can you tell PTGui to use the lens parameters from a template
          >

          > Ken, Yes. Use File->Apply Template, and navigate to a project file
          > from a similar shoot that has been successfully stitched.
          > Alternatively, make use of the fact that (assuming you are using a
          > panohead with detents): all the images in a row will have the same
          > pitch and the same roll, and all the images in a column will have the
          > same yaw.
          >
          > John

        • Rick Drew
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 6, 2009
            I carry some small fluorescent post-it notes in my kit. So if I have the
            big blank wall, I can apply them. Works really well - solved that problem.
            As for the sky, my ladder is not tall enough...

            Rick Drew

          • Ken Warner
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 6, 2009
              I was thinking about getting a ladder :-)