Re: [PanoToolsNG] NP 200 and 300mm Canon

  • Bernhard Vogl
    Message 1 of 32 , Feb 2, 2009
      Matthew Rogers schrieb:
      > Well unless the objects are a few meters apart in a foreground/
      > background plane you'll never have parallax issues with the 300mm lens
      > in a studio setting.
      >
      > Have you actually tried shooting the objects and if not why not ?
      >
      > Matt

      Just a question from a gigapixel illiterate: What in the world can you
      shoot with a lens above 200mm while being nearer than - let's say - 200
      meters? I mean - exept fancy gigapixel shots of wall paintings?

      Scenic views of mountains and all that stuff don't need a nodal point.
      If you go nearer and want some "life" in your panorama, you'll be going
      nuts in editing away all that ghosts and obstructions...

      Just curious ;-)

      Bernhard
    • bigwade
      Message 32 of 32 , Feb 2, 2009
        Hey, Hey..
        reshoot of course..
        with a very wrong NNP it can be an issue at 2 meters.