Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: NP 200 and 300mm Canon

  • John Riley
    Message 1 of 32 , Feb 2, 2009
      On Feb 1, 2009, at 6:29 PM, Erik Krause wrote:

      > bigwade wrote:
      >
      > > When I see this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1EOJr11bvo&fmt=18
      > > the camera is mounted the wrong way according to the replies.
      > > At that distance with a painting I guess it doesn't matter that
      > much, is it
      > > ?
      >
      > Since the painting is flat it doesn't matter at all: You won't have
      > parallax.
      >
      > But yes, it looks as if they tried to rotate around the front lens
      > (probably misinterpreting the term "entrance pupil" :-). I would
      > understand if they rotated around the balance point...
      >
      > --
      > Erik Krause
      > http://www.erik-krause.de

      When I saw that video, one of my first thoughts was: Wow - Dr. Clauss
      has some STRONG sevos on that head - and they hold position well
      under load!

      They have to be putting a ridiculous amount of torque on that poor
      motor.

      John

      John Riley
      johnriley@...
      jriley@...

    • bigwade
      Message 32 of 32 , Feb 2, 2009
        Hey, Hey..
        reshoot of course..
        with a very wrong NNP it can be an issue at 2 meters.