Re: Anybody heard about panorama viewer under GPL license?

  • tksharpless
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 1, 2009
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Andrey Ilyin" <ilyin1drey@...> wrote:

      > > What sort of viewer do you have in mind? There are standalone,
      > > browser plugin, java and flash viewers.
      > >
      > > --
      > > Bruno
      > >

      > Hi Bruno,
      >
      > I think about browser plugin first of all - supporting integration
      > with google services lime google map, youtube etc.
      >
      > Andrey

      My "Panini" is a GPL pano viewer that runs on all major platforms
      (though still problems on Mac, anyone like to help debug?) But it is
      not (yet) a browser plugin (anyone like to help wioth that, too?).

      Get id at pvqt.sf.net

      -- Tom
    • aiwetir
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 1, 2009
        what sort of knowledge / equipment would someone need to help you
        debug ?

        On 01 Feb 2009, at 14:14, tksharpless wrote:

        > My "Panini" is a GPL pano viewer that runs on all major platforms
        > (though still problems on Mac, anyone like to help debug?) But it is
        > not (yet) a browser plugin (anyone like to help wioth that, too?).
        >
        > Get id at pvqt.sf.net
        >
        > -- Tom

      • tksharpless
        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 2, 2009
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bruno Postle <bruno@...> wrote:

          > On Thu 29-Jan-2009 at 22:01 +0000, Bruno Postle wrote:
          > >
          > >Both Firefox and Sun Java are GPL licensed. Gnash is a GPL flash
          > >viewer, but last time I checked Flash panoramas didn't work in
          > >Gnash.
          >
          > Completing the list of Open Source panorama viewers:
          >
          > Standalone viewers: panoglview, freepv, panini(pvqt)
          > Browser plugin: freepv
          > Java applet: ptviewer
          > Flash: panosalado
          >
          > --
          > Bruno

          I'd add pvQt (or perhaps even Panini) to the list of open source
          browser plugins, if I had the time and skill to write a plugin wrapper
          for it. Can anyone help me with this?

          -- Tom
        • Darren
          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 27, 2010
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bruno Postle <bruno@...> wrote:

            > On Thu 29-Jan-2009 at 22:01 +0000, Bruno Postle wrote:
            > >
            > >Both Firefox and Sun Java are GPL licensed. Gnash is a GPL flash
            > >viewer, but last time I checked Flash panoramas didn't work in
            > >Gnash.
            >
            > Completing the list of Open Source panorama viewers:
            >
            > Standalone viewers: panoglview, freepv, panini(pvqt)
            > Browser plugin: freepv
            > Java applet: ptviewer
            > Flash: panosalado
            >
            > --
            > Bruno

            I hope that I am not breaking any forum rule by resurrecting this old thread, but as a 'returning newbie' it is relevant to me...

            I continue to use good old 'PTViewer' (the standalone viewer) under Linux/Ubuntu, since I have been unable to compile panoglview/freepv/panini and/or find working binaries for them for Linux/Ubuntu (specifically Linux Mint 9).

            Can anyone point me to some working binaries?

            On a somewhat related point, I was very excited to read about 'panosalado' over the last months, but I am sad that I don't see any tutorials or activity for it. From trial-and-error I have been able to use some version of it, but it would be nice for more. Does anyone have any insider info on when it will progress? AFAIK, it is the *only* free open source modern full-screen web viewer.

            Thanks!
          • Darren
            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 29, 2010
              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Darren" <darethehair@...> wrote:

              > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bruno Postle <bruno@> wrote:
              > >
              > > On Thu 29-Jan-2009 at 22:01 +0000, Bruno Postle wrote:
              > > >
              > > >Both Firefox and Sun Java are GPL licensed. Gnash is a GPL flash
              > > >viewer, but last time I checked Flash panoramas didn't work in
              > > >Gnash.
              > >
              > > Completing the list of Open Source panorama viewers:
              > >
              > > Standalone viewers: panoglview, freepv, panini(pvqt)
              > > Browser plugin: freepv
              > > Java applet: ptviewer
              > > Flash: panosalado
              > >
              > > --
              > > Bruno
              > >

              > I hope that I am not breaking any forum rule by resurrecting this old thread, but as a 'returning newbie' it is relevant to me...
              >
              > I continue to use good old 'PTViewer' (the standalone viewer) under Linux/Ubuntu, since I have been unable to compile panoglview/freepv/panini and/or find working binaries for them for Linux/Ubuntu (specifically Linux Mint 9).
              >
              > Can anyone point me to some working binaries?
              >
              > On a somewhat related point, I was very excited to read about 'panosalado' over the last months, but I am sad that I don't see any tutorials or activity for it. From trial-and-error I have been able to use some version of it, but it would be nice for more. Does anyone have any insider info on when it will progress? AFAIK, it is the *only* free open source modern full-screen web viewer.
              >
              > Thanks!

              FYI: I was not able to find a pre-compiled deb package for Panini, but I was able to build from source using info from this page:

              http://www.flickr.com/groups/panini/discuss/72157622893257052/

              I also continue to search for and/or build Panosalado2, but it sure ain't easy :/
            • Darren
              Message 6 of 18 , Aug 2 1:38 PM
                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Darren" <darethehair@...> wrote:

                > FYI: I was not able to find a pre-compiled deb package for Panini, but I was able to build from source using info from this page:
                >
                > http://www.flickr.com/groups/panini/discuss/72157622893257052/
                >
                > I also continue to search for and/or build Panosalado2, but it sure ain't easy :/

                FYI: I have now stumbled across a Linux 'deb' package of 'panoglview' which seems to work just fine:

                http://www.tatteredmoons.org/hugin/deb/ubuntu/10.04/panoglview_hg-20100728-1_i386.deb

                I assume that there are other Linux folks out there in this group :)