My gift to my local stadia fans

  • klroost
    Message 1 of 27 , Jan 24, 2009
      I had 11 mins. to shoot this. Gentle critiques welcomed.

      Http://abandorama.com/aud

    • klroost
      Message 2 of 27 , Jan 28, 2009
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "klroost" <etterz@...> wrote:

        > I had 11 mins. to shoot this. Gentle critiques welcomed.
        >
        > Http://abandorama.com/aud

        Is it that bad? Not a bit of advice even? I figured in this group of
        seasoned pros, someone would let me know what I did wrong. I know its
        far from perfect.
      • Uri Cogan
        Message 3 of 27 , Jan 28, 2009
          klroost wrote:

          > > I had 11 mins. to shoot this. Gentle critiques welcomed.
          > >
          > > Http://abandorama.com/aud <Http://abandorama.com/aud>
          >

          > Is it that bad? Not a bit of advice even? I figured in this group of
          > seasoned pros, someone would let me know what I did wrong. I know its
          > far from perfect.

          Very nice panorama, some comments:

          1. some bracketing and exposure blending could have reduced the harsh
          highlights a little without destroying the effect.
          2. no people in the panorma: this makes it not so interesting.
          3. the note "***This is not a static image***", etc. is barely visible
          in the grey background.
          4. there is no need to have your copyright notice appear in the middle
          of every cube face, I found it annoying.

          Cheers, Uri.

        • klroost
          Message 4 of 27 , Jan 28, 2009
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Uri Cogan <uri@...> wrote:

            > klroost wrote:
            >

            > > > I had 11 mins. to shoot this. Gentle critiques welcomed.
            > > >
            > > > Http://abandorama.com/aud <Http://abandorama.com/aud>
            > >

            > > Is it that bad? Not a bit of advice even? I figured in this group of
            > > seasoned pros, someone would let me know what I did wrong. I know its
            > > far from perfect.
            > >

            > Very nice panorama, some comments:
            >
            > 1. some bracketing and exposure blending could have reduced the harsh
            > highlights a little without destroying the effect.
            > 2. no people in the panorma: this makes it not so interesting.
            > 3. the note "***This is not a static image***", etc. is barely visible
            > in the grey background.
            > 4. there is no need to have your copyright notice appear in the middle
            > of every cube face, I found it annoying.
            >
            > Cheers, Uri.

            Uri,
            thank you for the comments. I hate the copyright, but it has been hit
            by quite a few site rippers and I was trying to make it difficult for
            them to reuse it. I will change the text color
            thanks again
          • Roger D. Williams
            Message 5 of 27 , Jan 28, 2009
              On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 06:05:31 +0900, klroost <etterz@...> wrote:

              > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "klroost" <etterz@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> I had 11 mins. to shoot this. Gentle critiques welcomed.
              >>
              >> Http://abandorama.com/aud

              > Is it that bad? Not a bit of advice even? I figured in this group of
              > seasoned pros, someone would let me know what I did wrong. I know its
              > far from perfect.

              OK, I'll jump in. It seems a bit overexposed... and I find the
              discontinuous beams of light rather disconcerting, as the ceiling
              behind them seems to be stitched smoothly. And I definitely don't
              care to have the panorama suddenly revert to the initiual field
              of view while I am watching somewhere else... I think I like it
              even less than panoramas that resume autorotating.

              The stitching on those close chairs is good, so you must have
              got the non-parallax point pretty precisely.

              Hope this helps...

              Roger W.

              --
              Work: www.adex-japan.com
            • klroost
              Message 6 of 27 , Jan 28, 2009

                > On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 06:05:31 +0900, klroost <etterz@...> wrote:
                >
                > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "klroost" <etterz@> wrote:
                > >>
                > >> I had 11 mins. to shoot this. Gentle critiques welcomed.
                > >>
                > >> Http://abandorama.com/aud

                > > Is it that bad? Not a bit of advice even? I figured in this group of
                > > seasoned pros, someone would let me know what I did wrong. I know its
                > > far from perfect.
                >
                > OK, I'll jump in. It seems a bit overexposed... and I find the
                > discontinuous beams of light rather disconcerting, as the ceiling
                > behind them seems to be stitched smoothly. And I definitely don't
                > care to have the panorama suddenly revert to the initiual field
                > of view while I am watching somewhere else... I think I like it
                > even less than panoramas that resume autorotating.
                >
                > The stitching on those close chairs is good, so you must have
                > got the non-parallax point pretty precisely.
                >
                > Hope this helps...
                >
                > Roger W.
                >

                > --
                > Work: www.adex-japan.com

                The beams of light not aligning was something I was curious about. I
                can only think it is due to the time difference between shots(kit
                lens-38 shots, even though I shot all 38 in 11mins )
                Revert suddenly to the initial field? I am not sure what you mean. I
                thought all it did was resume autorotating.
                Yes, I am pretty happy with my pano head and my camera position, I
                fabricated my own head from a drafting head, and machined the mounting
                holes to very close tolerances. I did not touch up any stitching
                errors in this pano either.
                this is just the input I need to improve.Thank you all
              • Hans Nyberg
                Message 7 of 27 , Jan 28, 2009
                  --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "klroost" <etterz@...> wrote:

                  > The beams of light not aligning was something I was curious about. I
                  > can only think it is due to the time difference between shots(kit
                  > lens-38 shots, even though I shot all 38 in 11mins )

                  When you shoot panoramas you will find out that the sun moves very fast.

                  I have done panoramas with just 6 images around in 2 minutes and the shadows from the
                  first and last image do not fit.
                  If you want to do some thing like this with multirow you need to plan the shots carefully so
                  that you do not start and end at a place were you can get changes in light.
                  This also goes for clouds which also move fast.

                  Hans
                • klroost
                  Message 8 of 27 , Jan 28, 2009

                    > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "klroost" <etterz@> wrote:
                    > >

                    > > The beams of light not aligning was something I was curious about. I
                    > > can only think it is due to the time difference between shots(kit
                    > > lens-38 shots, even though I shot all 38 in 11mins )
                    > >

                    > When you shoot panoramas you will find out that the sun moves very fast.
                    >
                    > I have done panoramas with just 6 images around in 2 minutes and the
                    shadows from the
                    > first and last image do not fit.
                    > If you want to do some thing like this with multirow you need to
                    plan the shots carefully so
                    > that you do not start and end at a place were you can get changes in
                    light.
                    > This also goes for clouds which also move fast.
                    >
                    > Hans

                    Just what I thought, and am now painfully aware of. Had I known
                    beforehand I may have been able to compensate some.
                    Still learning
                    thanks again everyone
                  • Roger D. Williams
                    Message 9 of 27 , Jan 28, 2009
                      On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 09:39:16 +0900, klroost <etterz@...> wrote:

                      > The beams of light not aligning was something I was curious about. I
                      > can only think it is due to the time difference between shots(kit
                      > lens-38 shots, even though I shot all 38 in 11mins )

                      That makes sense... It does seem strange.

                      > Revert suddenly to the initial field? I am not sure what you mean. I
                      > thought all it did was resume autorotating.

                      It goes back to the initial view to resume autorotating rather
                      than rotate from wherever you have reached in your own exploration
                      of the image. THat's what I liked least.

                      > Yes, I am pretty happy with my pano head and my camera position, I
                      > fabricated my own head from a drafting head, and machined the mounting
                      > holes to very close tolerances. I did not touch up any stitching
                      > errors in this pano either.

                      I hadn't realised this was stitched from so many images. It is a
                      very impressive achievement. And I envy you your machining ability.
                      I have an idea I think would help with hand-held monopod shooting
                      (which is the way I take my own panoramas out of doors) but I am
                      stymied by lack of any kind of mechanical ability. <sigh>

                      > this is just the input I need to improve.

                      I'm so glad you took my comment positively. After I had hit "send"
                      I thought it seemed a bit negative, despite the generally good
                      impression I got.

                      Roger W.

                      --
                      Work: www.adex-japan.com
                    • klroost
                      Message 10 of 27 , Jan 29, 2009

                        > It goes back to the initial view to resume autorotating rather
                        > than rotate from wherever you have reached in your own exploration
                        > of the image. THat's what I liked least.
                        >
                        > Roger W.
                        >
                        > --
                        > Work: www.adex-japan.com

                        Roger,
                        I hope you were referring to it returning to level. I turned that off,
                        it should now autorotate where ever you were last looking. Let me know
                        if that is better.
                        Thanks again for the comments eveyone.
                      • Mark D. Fink
                        Message 11 of 27 , Jan 29, 2009
                          >The beams of light not aligning was something I was curious about. I
                          >can only think it is due to the time difference between shots(kit
                          >lens-38 shots, even though I shot all 38 in 11mins )
                          >Revert suddenly to the initial field? I am not sure what you mean. I
                          >thought all it did was resume autorotating.
                          >Yes, I am pretty happy with my pano head and my camera position, I
                          >fabricated my own head from a drafting head, and machined the mounting
                          >holes to very close tolerances. I did not touch up any stitching
                          >errors in this pano either.
                          >this is just the input I need to improve.Thank you all

                          I've been bitten by this a couple of times as well. Years ago, when I was
                          just starting with multi-row, I had this happen several times. What I did
                          was change my shooting pattern. I was shooting with a 14mm lens, and taking
                          three rows of eight images.

                          Where I went wrong was shooting one column at a time, (+55, 0, -55), then
                          rotating to the next position, moving the camera pitch up to +55 and
                          starting over. Now what I do is shoot one complete row at +55, then pitch
                          the camera down to 0, shoot the second row, then shoot the third row at -55
                          pitch.

                          While there are still some differences (sometimes), at least the variation
                          from the beginning shot to the last shot are not so great.

                          Mark
                          www.pinnacle-vr.com
                          www.360cities.net
                          www.northernlight.net
                        • Mark D. Fink
                          Message 12 of 27 , Jan 29, 2009

                            Hi Roger,

                            Have you considered www.emachineshop.com? I used their free CAD software to
                            design the Pinnacle VR head (www.pinnacle-vr.com) and had them do the
                            fabrication.

                            Mark
                            www.pinnacle-vr.com
                            www.360cities.net
                            www.northernlight.net
                          • klroost
                            Message 13 of 27 , Jan 29, 2009
                              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Mark D. Fink" <markdfink@...> wrote:

                              > >The beams of light not aligning was something I was curious about. I
                              > >can only think it is due to the time difference between shots(kit
                              > >lens-38 shots, even though I shot all 38 in 11mins )
                              > >Revert suddenly to the initial field? I am not sure what you mean. I
                              > >thought all it did was resume autorotating.
                              > >Yes, I am pretty happy with my pano head and my camera position, I
                              > >fabricated my own head from a drafting head, and machined the mounting
                              > >holes to very close tolerances. I did not touch up any stitching
                              > >errors in this pano either.
                              > >this is just the input I need to improve.Thank you all
                              > >
                              > I've been bitten by this a couple of times as well. Years ago, when
                              I was
                              > just starting with multi-row, I had this happen several times. What
                              I did
                              > was change my shooting pattern. I was shooting with a 14mm lens, and
                              taking
                              > three rows of eight images.
                              >
                              > Where I went wrong was shooting one column at a time, (+55, 0, -55),
                              then
                              > rotating to the next position, moving the camera pitch up to +55 and
                              > starting over. Now what I do is shoot one complete row at +55, then
                              pitch
                              > the camera down to 0, shoot the second row, then shoot the third row
                              at -55
                              > pitch.
                              >
                              > While there are still some differences (sometimes), at least the
                              variation
                              > from the beginning shot to the last shot are not so great.
                              >
                              > Mark
                              > www.pinnacle-vr.com
                              > www.360cities.net
                              > www.northernlight.net

                              Mark,
                              I shoot one row all the way around at 0, then move the camera up to
                              50°, shoot that row. Then shoot the zenith. Then its back down to
                              -50°, shoot that row. And finally , shoot the nadir.
                              If I understand correctly, what I should have done was too shoot the
                              side with the sunbeams first(1/2 rows), then turn the camera around
                              and shoot the side without the sunbeams. As I stated earlier, I am
                              still learning and this group is an excellent "teaching" resource.
                            • Roger D. Williams
                              Message 14 of 27 , Jan 29, 2009
                                On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 21:28:16 +0900, klroost <etterz@...> wrote:

                                > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Roger D. Williams" <roger@...>
                                > wrote:
                                >>

                                >> It goes back to the initial view to resume autorotating rather
                                >> than rotate from wherever you have reached in your own exploration
                                >> of the image. THat's what I liked least.
                                >>
                                >> Roger W.
                                >>
                                >> --
                                >> Work: www.adex-japan.com
                                >>
                                > Roger,
                                > I hope you were referring to it returning to level. I turned that off,
                                > it should now autorotate where ever you were last looking. Let me know
                                > if that is better.

                                Well, personally I like this much better, although I'm not too keen on
                                automatically resumed autorotation of any kind. <wintry smile>

                                Roger

                                --
                                Work: www.adex-japan.com
                              • Mark D. Fink
                                Message 15 of 27 , Jan 29, 2009
                                  >> I've been bitten by this a couple of times as well. Years ago, when
                                  >I was
                                  >> just starting with multi-row, I had this happen several times. What
                                  >I did
                                  >> was change my shooting pattern. I was shooting with a 14mm lens, and
                                  >taking
                                  >> three rows of eight images.
                                  >>
                                  >> Where I went wrong was shooting one column at a time, (+55, 0, -55),
                                  >then
                                  >> rotating to the next position, moving the camera pitch up to +55 and
                                  >> starting over. Now what I do is shoot one complete row at +55, then
                                  >pitch
                                  >> the camera down to 0, shoot the second row, then shoot the third row
                                  >at -55
                                  >> pitch.
                                  >>
                                  >> While there are still some differences (sometimes), at least the
                                  >variation
                                  >> from the beginning shot to the last shot are not so great.
                                  >>
                                  >> Mark
                                  >> www.pinnacle-vr.com
                                  >> www.360cities.net
                                  >> www.northernlight.net
                                  >>
                                  >Mark,
                                  >I shoot one row all the way around at 0, then move the camera up to
                                  >50°, shoot that row. Then shoot the zenith. Then its back down to
                                  >-50°, shoot that row. And finally , shoot the nadir.
                                  >If I understand correctly, what I should have done was too shoot the
                                  >side with the sunbeams first(1/2 rows), then turn the camera around
                                  >and shoot the side without the sunbeams. As I stated earlier, I am
                                  >still learning and this group is an excellent "teaching" resource.

                                  Hmmm, that should have worked, I would have thought. How long did it take
                                  you to shoot one row? Personally, I always start at the top row and work my
                                  way down, just so I don't lose track of what I've done already. However,
                                  your approach at least minimized the light beam offset. Still, it's greater
                                  than I would have expected with your shooting sequence.

                                  Here's another tip that might come in handy, especially if you shoot with a
                                  fisheye lens in direct sun. Make sure that you place the sun at the edge of
                                  the frame so that it shows up in two exposures. That way, any flare that
                                  your lens exhibits will at least be evenly applied between two shots.
                                  Otherwise, if you put the sun in the middle of one shot, that shot will have
                                  flare while the others won't, and you'll have a very sudden cutoff of flare
                                  in your final pano.

                                  Mark
                                  www.pinnacle-vr.com
                                  www.360cities.net
                                  www.northernlight.net
                                • Roger D. Williams
                                  Message 16 of 27 , Jan 29, 2009
                                    Thanks, Mark, that might be just the thing I am looking for.

                                    I'll visit their site over the weekend.

                                    Roger

                                    On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 22:24:13 +0900, Mark D. Fink
                                    <markdfink@...> wrote:

> [...]

                                    Work:www.adex-japan.com
                                  • klroost
                                    Message 17 of 27 , Jan 29, 2009

                                      > On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 21:28:16 +0900, klroost <etterz@...> wrote:
                                      >
                                      > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Roger D. Williams" <roger@>
                                      > > wrote:
                                      > >>

                                      > >> It goes back to the initial view to resume autorotating rather
                                      > >> than rotate from wherever you have reached in your own exploration
                                      > >> of the image. THat's what I liked least.
                                      > >>
                                      > >> Roger W.
                                      > >>
                                      > >> --
                                      > >> Work: www.adex-japan.com
                                      > >>
                                      > > Roger,

                                      > > I hope you were referring to it returning to level. I turned that off,
                                      > > it should now autorotate where ever you were last looking. Let me know
                                      > > if that is better.
                                      >
                                      > Well, personally I like this much better, although I'm not too keen on
                                      > automatically resumed autorotation of any kind. <wintry smile>
                                      >
                                      > Roger
                                      >
                                      > --
                                      > Work: www.adex-japan.com

                                      I did leave the button there so you can turn the autorotate off, ;)

                                    • klroost
                                      Message 18 of 27 , Jan 29, 2009
                                        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Mark D. Fink" <markdfink@...> wrote:

                                        > >> I've been bitten by this a couple of times as well. Years ago, when
                                        > >I was
                                        > >> just starting with multi-row, I had this happen several times. What
                                        > >I did
                                        > >> was change my shooting pattern. I was shooting with a 14mm lens, and
                                        > >taking
                                        > >> three rows of eight images.
                                        > >>
                                        > >> Where I went wrong was shooting one column at a time, (+55, 0, -55),
                                        > >then
                                        > >> rotating to the next position, moving the camera pitch up to +55 and
                                        > >> starting over. Now what I do is shoot one complete row at +55, then
                                        > >pitch
                                        > >> the camera down to 0, shoot the second row, then shoot the third row
                                        > >at -55
                                        > >> pitch.
                                        > >>
                                        > >> While there are still some differences (sometimes), at least the
                                        > >variation
                                        > >> from the beginning shot to the last shot are not so great.
                                        > >>
                                        > >> Mark
                                        > >> www.pinnacle-vr.com
                                        > >> www.360cities.net
                                        > >> www.northernlight.net
                                        > >>
                                        > >Mark,
                                        > >I shoot one row all the way around at 0, then move the camera up to
                                        > >50°, shoot that row. Then shoot the zenith. Then its back down to
                                        > >-50°, shoot that row. And finally , shoot the nadir.
                                        > >If I understand correctly, what I should have done was too shoot the
                                        > >side with the sunbeams first(1/2 rows), then turn the camera around
                                        > >and shoot the side without the sunbeams. As I stated earlier, I am
                                        > >still learning and this group is an excellent "teaching" resource.
                                        > >
                                        > Hmmm, that should have worked, I would have thought. How long did it
                                        take
                                        > you to shoot one row? Personally, I always start at the top row and
                                        work my
                                        > way down, just so I don't lose track of what I've done already. However,
                                        > your approach at least minimized the light beam offset. Still, it's
                                        greater
                                        > than I would have expected with your shooting sequence.
                                        >
                                        > Here's another tip that might come in handy, especially if you shoot
                                        with a
                                        > fisheye lens in direct sun. Make sure that you place the sun at the
                                        edge of
                                        > the frame so that it shows up in two exposures. That way, any flare that
                                        > your lens exhibits will at least be evenly applied between two shots.
                                        > Otherwise, if you put the sun in the middle of one shot, that shot
                                        will have
                                        > flare while the others won't, and you'll have a very sudden cutoff
                                        of flare
                                        > in your final pano.
                                        >
                                        > Mark
                                        > www.pinnacle-vr.com
                                        > www.360cities.net
                                        > www.northernlight.net

                                        Mark,
                                        About 3 mins. per row. These were 6 sec exposures. Thanks for the tip
                                        on fisheyes, I am planning on upgrading my lens.
                                      • Roger D. Williams
                                        Message 19 of 27 , Jan 29, 2009
                                          <markdfink@...> wrote:

                                          > Hi Roger,
                                          >
                                          > Have you considered www.emachineshop.com? I used their free CAD software
                                          > design the Pinnacle VR head (www.pinnacle-vr.com) and had them do the
                                          > fabrication.

                                          Mark, the fact that they could handle the fabrication of the Pinnacle VR
                                          head is a great recommendation in itself. I have visited the site and
                                          will download the CAD software when I am on my most powerful computer
                                          (I'm on a tiny notebook computer right now).

                                          Roger W.

                                          --
                                          Work: www.adex-japan.com
                                        • Roger D. Williams
                                          Message 20 of 27 , Jan 29, 2009
                                            On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 22:49:09 +0900, klroost <etterz@...> wrote:

                                            >> > I hope you were referring to it returning to level. I turned that off,
                                            >> > it should now autorotate where ever you were last looking. Let me know
                                            >> > if that is better.
                                            >>
                                            >> Well, personally I like this much better, although I'm not too keen on
                                            >> automatically resumed autorotation of any kind. <wintry smile>
                                            >>
                                            >> Roger
                                            >>
                                            >> --
                                            >> Work: www.adex-japan.com
                                            >
                                            > I did leave the button there so you can turn the autorotate off, ;)

                                            True, and appreciated. I'm not a fundamentalist hater of autorotation,
                                            just don't like it interrupting my enjoyment of a particular part of
                                            the panorama scene.

                                            And I know if you just had a button so that people could turn it ON,
                                            most people would never find it. Many people I have shown panoramas
                                            don't even try "click and drag." <long drawn out sigh> Of course I do
                                            get to enjoy their surprise and delight when I show them how it works.

                                            This is what hooked me on VR panoramas years ago.

                                            Roger

                                            --
                                            Work: www.adex-japan.com
                                          • klroost
                                            Message 21 of 27 , Jan 30, 2009

                                              > >> Well, personally I like this much better, although I'm not too
                                              keen on
                                              > >> automatically resumed autorotation of any kind. <wintry smile>
                                              > >>
                                              > >> Roger
                                              > >>
                                              > >> --
                                              > >> Work: www.adex-japan.com
                                              > >
                                              > > I did leave the button there so you can turn the autorotate off, ;)
                                              >
                                              > True, and appreciated. I'm not a fundamentalist hater of autorotation,
                                              > just don't like it interrupting my enjoyment of a particular part of
                                              > the panorama scene.
                                              >
                                              > And I know if you just had a button so that people could turn it ON,
                                              > most people would never find it. Many people I have shown panoramas
                                              > don't even try "click and drag." <long drawn out sigh> Of course I do
                                              > get to enjoy their surprise and delight when I show them how it works.
                                              >
                                              > This is what hooked me on VR panoramas years ago.
                                              >
                                              > Roger
                                              >

                                              > --
                                              > Work: www.adex-japan.com

                                              Roger,
                                              As this is my first pano that has been picked up on by my local news
                                              and radio blogs, and received thousands of hits from the exposure, it
                                              has been somewhat frustrating finding out how many people just look at
                                              the image as static and never realize they can move it around. You are
                                              correct in stating that most people would never find the button to
                                              turn on autorotate. The comments I have received from people who have
                                              never experienced a vr pano(and figured out they can move it) has
                                              provided me with great delight also.
                                              Again, thank you everyone who have provided me with input.
                                            • Bjørn K Nilssen
                                              Message 22 of 27 , Jan 30, 2009
                                                On 30 Jan 2009 at 11:09, klroost wrote:

                                                > Roger,
                                                > As this is my first pano that has been picked up on by my local news
                                                > and radio blogs, and received thousands of hits from the exposure, it
                                                > has been somewhat frustrating finding out how many people just look at
                                                > the image as static and never realize they can move it around. You are
                                                > correct in stating that most people would never find the button to
                                                > turn on autorotate. The comments I have received from people who have
                                                > never experienced a vr pano(and figured out they can move it) has
                                                > provided me with great delight also.
                                                > Again, thank you everyone who have provided me with input.

                                                IMHO a nice compromise is to have autorotation on in the first place. But then keep it
                                                turned off once the visitor has started moving around interactively (if ever?).
                                                BTW, that's the way it works out of the box for PurePlayer, and I think that is the best
                                                way to do it, both for newbies and oldies.

                                              • klroost
                                                Message 23 of 27 , Jan 30, 2009
                                                  --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bj�rn K Nilssen <bk@...> wrote:

                                                  > On 30 Jan 2009 at 11:09, klroost wrote:
                                                  >

                                                  > > Roger,
                                                  > > As this is my first pano that has been picked up on by my local news
                                                  > > and radio blogs, and received thousands of hits from the exposure, it
                                                  > > has been somewhat frustrating finding out how many people just look at
                                                  > > the image as static and never realize they can move it around. You are
                                                  > > correct in stating that most people would never find the button to
                                                  > > turn on autorotate. The comments I have received from people who have
                                                  > > never experienced a vr pano(and figured out they can move it) has
                                                  > > provided me with great delight also.
                                                  > > Again, thank you everyone who have provided me with input.
                                                  >
                                                  > IMHO a nice compromise is to have autorotation on in the first
                                                  place. But then keep it
                                                  > turned off once the visitor has started moving around interactively
                                                  (if ever?).
                                                  > BTW, that's the way it works out of the box for PurePlayer, and I
                                                  think that is the best
                                                  > way to do it, both for newbies and oldies.
                                                  >
                                                  > --
                                                  > Bj�rn K Nilssen - http://bknilssen.no - panoramas and 3D

                                                  That had not crossed my mind. I am not sure if I can do that in Pano2vr?
                                                • Flemming V. Larsen
                                                  Message 24 of 27 , Jan 30, 2009
                                                    I agree with Bjørn. That also the way PTviewer have always worked.
                                                    I don't see a way to do it in KRPano, FPP og Pano2VR :-((

                                                    - Flemming
                                                  • Hans Nyberg
                                                    Message 25 of 27 , Jan 30, 2009
                                                      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Flemming V. Larsen" <fvl@...> wrote:

                                                      > I agree with Bjørn. That also the way PTviewer have always worked.
                                                      > I don't see a way to do it in KRPano, FPP og Pano2VR :-((

                                                      Do not know with Pano2VR but with FPP you can just set the pause to anything you want
                                                      <autorotator>
                                                      speed = -0.3
                                                      interval = 30
                                                      pause = 12000
                                                      quality = low
                                                      </autorotator>

                                                      I have it now set to 12 sec and if really want to look the same place longer than that it is
                                                      just a single click.
                                                      I can not see autorotation to be a big problem.

                                                      I actually suspect that there are people who use the panos as a screen saver as I have
                                                      people sometime staying hours on one single panorama.

                                                      Hans
                                                    • Bjørn K Nilssen
                                                      Message 26 of 27 , Jan 30, 2009
                                                        On 30 Jan 2009 at 15:08, Hans Nyberg wrote:

                                                        > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Flemming V. Larsen" <fvl@...> wrote:
                                                        > >

                                                        > > I agree with Bjørn. That also the way PTviewer have always worked.
                                                        > > I don't see a way to do it in KRPano, FPP og Pano2VR :-((
                                                        > >

                                                        > Do not know with Pano2VR but with FPP you can just set the pause to anything you want
                                                        > <autorotator>
                                                        > speed = -0.3
                                                        > interval = 30
                                                        > pause = 12000
                                                        > quality = low
                                                        > </autorotator>
                                                        >
                                                        > I have it now set to 12 sec and if really want to look the same place longer than that it is
                                                        > just a single click.
                                                        > I can not see autorotation to be a big problem.
                                                        >
                                                        > I actually suspect that there are people who use the panos as a screen saver as I have
                                                        > people sometime staying hours on one single panorama.

                                                        I can sometmes stay on a pano for several hours too, but not if it is autorotating. The
                                                        reason why is that I typically have lots of windows/tabs open at the same time in Opera,
                                                        often as many as 40 ormore, which makes it very quick to switch between pages.
                                                        Then it sometimes happens that I have a pano (or several) open for several hours or days.
                                                        But I strongly dislike having pages open that keeps on using CPU cycles, or reloading
                                                        itself all the time...
                                                        Thus it is a problem/nuisance, at least for some of us.

                                                      • Jeffrey Martin
                                                        Message 27 of 27 , Feb 3, 2009
                                                          I don't agree. There is a better way. But no one did it yet. I hope to
                                                          show this idea soon.
                                                          Jeffrey

                                                          Re: My gift to my local stadia fans
                                                          Posted by: "Flemming V. Larsen" fvl@... vtourdk