Re: [PanoToolsNG] Nikon 10.5mm on Canon - please share experiences..

  • jook360
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 18, 2006
      Hi Fabio,

      I like the combination a lot. Ptgui gives me a FOV of 205 degrees!
      for these 3 shot panos:
      http://360vr.com/TIL2006
      The zenith is clean, no need to patch as would be difficult in these
      shots.

      Last year I took this one with D2x and Nikkor 8 and had to fix the
      zenith because of a fov of 179 degrees:
      http://360vr.com/light11/

      This is a 4 shot pano with the 5D and Nikkor 10.5, I held the tripod
      held over my head.
      http://360vr.com/BrazilianDay2006

      I use the very expensive Novoflex adapter but have also bought a good
      priced one here:
      Nikon lens to Canon EOS body adapter with focusing confirmation !!!
      http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZhappypagehk

      Good luck,
      Jook

      On Sep 10, 2006, at 12:23 PM, Fabio Bustamante wrote:

      > Hello everybody,
      >

      > I'm about to get a Canon 5d full frame and I'm seriously thinking
      > about buying a Nikon 10.5mm to make panos.
      >
      > I'm used to shoot panoramic photography with my 300d and a Sigma
      > 8mm. Using Nikon's 10.5mm on the Canon 5d would give me basically
      > the same workflow...
      >
      > Is there anybody here who made this upgrade?
      >
      > How does Nikon's 10.5 compare to Sigma's 8mm? Is it worth the upgrade?
      >
      > What's the best way of adapting the Nikon lens to the Canon body?
      >

      > Thank you,
      >

      > Fabio.

      > gmane.comp.graphics.panotools.ng

      Jook Leung Photography
      360VR Images - 360 degree Panoramic photography
      Web: http://360vr.com
      E-mail: jook@...
      Mobile: 201 679 6177