Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: New Pentax K10D 10megapixel camera does 5 frame bracketing

  • Roger D. Williams
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 18, 2006
      On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 03:41:23 +0900, pedro_silva58
      <pedro_silva58@...> wrote:

      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Andrey Ilyin" <andrey@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> What is more important - the range of bracketing. D200 gives up to 9
      >> frames bracketing, but only +/-2 steps, like D70
      >>

      > are you sure about this (i assume you meant stops, not steps)? pages
      > 198 and 199 of the d200 user manual (english) leave me with the
      > distinct impression that it can bracket +/- 4 stops (a total of 9
      > shots, with 1 stop interval). while many (inc myself) would like to
      > have 2 stop intervals, which are not available, that's not the same as
      > saying the total range is limited to +/- 2 stops.

      To put this one to rest, 9-shot bracketing can be done with one stop
      between each shot. This means four shots over exposure and four shots
      under exposure, each one stop apart. Result, plus 4 to minus 4, a
      range of 8 stops.

      This is actual experience talking. <g>

      Roger W