Res: [PanoToolsNG] Sigma 10mm or 8mm?

  • Augusto Miranda Martins
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 13, 2009
      Hi Keith,

      I've got a Sigma 10mm (for Nikon) and a Nikkor 10.5mm as well.
      The Sigma gives me better images than the Nikkor does on both the Nikon D300 and D50.
      I like it very much. But don't know how it would work with the 5D.
      About the 8mm, I've never used one to compare, but really think the 10mm would give him much better images.

      cheers,
      Augusto

      ________________________________
      De: Keith Martin <keith@...>
      Para: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
      Enviadas: Terça-feira, 13 de Janeiro de 2009 10:52:28
      Assunto: [PanoToolsNG] Sigma 10mm or 8mm?

      A friend with a Canon 5D is thinking of getting the 360Precision
      Atome, and he wanted feedback on whether he should go for the Sigma
      10mm or 8mm. (He's not even remotely interested in the tricks needed
      to use the Nikkor 10.5mm! :-)

      Sigma use here seems to revolve around the 8mm, but the 10mm specs
      look good. I guess the only issue is that he would need to have the
      hood shaved to make proper use of it on a full-frame sensor.

      So... the advantages of the 10mm seem to be:
      Better final resolution of the stitched equirect (I presume)
      Brighter (f2.8) lens

      The disadvantage is:
      Need to shave the hood to use the full sensor properly

      If this was me I'd definitely lean towards the 10mm, but... any
      comments, thoughts?

      http://br.maisbuscados.yahoo.com