Re: new 360cities pano interface

  • Carl von Einem
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2009
      Posted by: "Daniel Reetz"

      > Willy Kaemena wrote:
      >> > Keep the HOT Spots by default on !!!!
      >
      > Agreed. And I don't find them visually overwhelming. Why should a real
      > wall be an obstacle in virtual space?
      >
      > In the real world, few things would be as cool as some kind of device
      > telling me: "Through the wall on your left is a gorgeous fountain.
      > Through the wall on your right is plumbing and dirt. Above you is a
      > market with fresh vegetables. On the opposite side of this tunnel,
      > there is a plaza and an art museum."

      Don't forget that through the popularity of the Harry Potter series the
      concept of "walking" through an object inside a train station is fairly
      common these days. Those of you who are familiar with Douglas Adams'
      work may have known the very same fact even earlier. Those who don't: go
      and get a copy of "The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul"!

      Carl