Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: "From a tower, without the tower"

  • Willy Kaemena
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 5, 2009
      ...like I did here:
      http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FS/Muenchen/Olympiaturm

      Willy Kaemena

      On Jan 6, 2009, at 2:03, zen.alien wrote:

      > This is very effective !!!
      > maybe you could have stitched a nadir from a view of google earth...?
      >
      > I mean from the 3D buildings from GE...
      >
      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Martin" <360cities@...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > another one of those fun "from the top of the building, without the
      > > building" panos... chicago in winter (2007) just finished....
      > > http://360cities.net/image/hancock-center-building-chicago-skyline
      > >
      > > the window was dirty... but only looking towards the sun was it an
      > > issue....
      > > 70 shots, contax 45mm. from lots of different windows :)
      > > reduced from 35000 to 16384x8192 you see here.
      > >
      > > a cleaner one coming soon from a different building somewhere
      > else ;)
      > >
      > > Jeffrey
      > >

      > > Jeffrey Martin
      > > www.360cities.net - The World in Virtual Reality
      > > tel. +420 608 076 502 / skype jeffrey.s.martin

    • Bjørn K Nilssen
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 6, 2009
        On 6 Jan 2009 at 0:38, Jeffrey Martin wrote:

        > another one of those fun "from the top of the building, without the
        > building" panos... chicago in winter (2007) just finished....
        > http://360cities.net/image/hancock-center-building-chicago-skyline
        >
        > Jeffrey

        Nice work - in Firefox.
        Unfortunately the entire 360cities seems to look not good in Opera (my preferred
        browser), at least on my PC..
        The main/top pano ends up as a strange looking banner/header band at the top, slightly
        lower than the map, which is cut off a little at the top..
        Ir doesn't look good, I'm afraid.

      • udedomenico
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 7, 2009
          Jeffrey,

          I just wonder how you manage to remove the nodal point entirely from
          the shot?!

          That's pretty amazing!