Re: [PanoToolsNG] "From a tower, without the tower"

  • John Riley
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 5, 2009
      The dirty windows give it an L.A. ambiance 8-) Cool work!

      John

      John Riley
      johnriley@...
      jriley@...

      On Jan 5, 2009, at 6:38 PM, Jeffrey Martin wrote:

      > the window was dirty... but only looking towards the sun was it an
      > issue....

    • Willy Kaemena
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 5, 2009
        ...like I did here:
        http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FS/Muenchen/Olympiaturm

        Willy Kaemena

        On Jan 6, 2009, at 2:03, zen.alien wrote:

        > This is very effective !!!
        > maybe you could have stitched a nadir from a view of google earth...?
        >
        > I mean from the 3D buildings from GE...
        >
        > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Martin" <360cities@...>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > another one of those fun "from the top of the building, without the
        > > building" panos... chicago in winter (2007) just finished....
        > > http://360cities.net/image/hancock-center-building-chicago-skyline
        > >
        > > the window was dirty... but only looking towards the sun was it an
        > > issue....
        > > 70 shots, contax 45mm. from lots of different windows :)
        > > reduced from 35000 to 16384x8192 you see here.
        > >
        > > a cleaner one coming soon from a different building somewhere
        > else ;)
        > >
        > > Jeffrey
        > >

        > > Jeffrey Martin
        > > www.360cities.net - The World in Virtual Reality
        > > tel. +420 608 076 502 / skype jeffrey.s.martin

      • Bjørn K Nilssen
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 6, 2009
          On 6 Jan 2009 at 0:38, Jeffrey Martin wrote:

          > another one of those fun "from the top of the building, without the
          > building" panos... chicago in winter (2007) just finished....
          > http://360cities.net/image/hancock-center-building-chicago-skyline
          >
          > Jeffrey

          Nice work - in Firefox.
          Unfortunately the entire 360cities seems to look not good in Opera (my preferred
          browser), at least on my PC..
          The main/top pano ends up as a strange looking banner/header band at the top, slightly
          lower than the map, which is cut off a little at the top..
          Ir doesn't look good, I'm afraid.

        • udedomenico
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 7, 2009
            Jeffrey,

            I just wonder how you manage to remove the nodal point entirely from
            the shot?!

            That's pretty amazing!