Re: "From a tower, without the tower"

  • zen.alien
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 5, 2009
      This is very effective !!!
      maybe you could have stitched a nadir from a view of google earth...?

      I mean from the 3D buildings from GE...

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Martin" <360cities@...>
      wrote:

      > another one of those fun "from the top of the building, without the
      > building" panos... chicago in winter (2007) just finished....
      > http://360cities.net/image/hancock-center-building-chicago-skyline
      >
      > the window was dirty... but only looking towards the sun was it an
      > issue....
      > 70 shots, contax 45mm. from lots of different windows :)
      > reduced from 35000 to 16384x8192 you see here.
      >
      > a cleaner one coming soon from a different building somewhere else ;)
      >
      > Jeffrey
      >

      > Jeffrey Martin
      > www.360cities.net - The World in Virtual Reality
      > tel. +420 608 076 502 / skype jeffrey.s.martin

    • John Riley
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 5, 2009
        The dirty windows give it an L.A. ambiance 8-) Cool work!

        John

        John Riley
        johnriley@...
        jriley@...

        On Jan 5, 2009, at 6:38 PM, Jeffrey Martin wrote:

        > the window was dirty... but only looking towards the sun was it an
        > issue....

      • Willy Kaemena
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 5, 2009
          ...like I did here:
          http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FS/Muenchen/Olympiaturm

          Willy Kaemena

          On Jan 6, 2009, at 2:03, zen.alien wrote:

          > This is very effective !!!
          > maybe you could have stitched a nadir from a view of google earth...?
          >
          > I mean from the 3D buildings from GE...
          >
          > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Martin" <360cities@...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > another one of those fun "from the top of the building, without the
          > > building" panos... chicago in winter (2007) just finished....
          > > http://360cities.net/image/hancock-center-building-chicago-skyline
          > >
          > > the window was dirty... but only looking towards the sun was it an
          > > issue....
          > > 70 shots, contax 45mm. from lots of different windows :)
          > > reduced from 35000 to 16384x8192 you see here.
          > >
          > > a cleaner one coming soon from a different building somewhere
          > else ;)
          > >
          > > Jeffrey
          > >

          > > Jeffrey Martin
          > > www.360cities.net - The World in Virtual Reality
          > > tel. +420 608 076 502 / skype jeffrey.s.martin

        • Bjørn K Nilssen
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 6, 2009
            On 6 Jan 2009 at 0:38, Jeffrey Martin wrote:

            > another one of those fun "from the top of the building, without the
            > building" panos... chicago in winter (2007) just finished....
            > http://360cities.net/image/hancock-center-building-chicago-skyline
            >
            > Jeffrey

            Nice work - in Firefox.
            Unfortunately the entire 360cities seems to look not good in Opera (my preferred
            browser), at least on my PC..
            The main/top pano ends up as a strange looking banner/header band at the top, slightly
            lower than the map, which is cut off a little at the top..
            Ir doesn't look good, I'm afraid.

          • udedomenico
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 7, 2009
              Jeffrey,

              I just wonder how you manage to remove the nodal point entirely from
              the shot?!

              That's pretty amazing!