"From a tower, without the tower"

  • Jeffrey Martin
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 5, 2009
      another one of those fun "from the top of the building, without the
      building" panos... chicago in winter (2007) just finished....
      http://360cities.net/image/hancock-center-building-chicago-skyline

      the window was dirty... but only looking towards the sun was it an
      issue....
      70 shots, contax 45mm. from lots of different windows :)
      reduced from 35000 to 16384x8192 you see here.

      a cleaner one coming soon from a different building somewhere else ;)

      Jeffrey

      Jeffrey Martin
      tel. +420 608 076 502 / skype jeffrey.s.martin

    • zen.alien
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 5, 2009
        This is very effective !!!
        maybe you could have stitched a nadir from a view of google earth...?

        I mean from the 3D buildings from GE...

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Martin" <360cities@...>
        wrote:

        > another one of those fun "from the top of the building, without the
        > building" panos... chicago in winter (2007) just finished....
        > http://360cities.net/image/hancock-center-building-chicago-skyline
        >
        > the window was dirty... but only looking towards the sun was it an
        > issue....
        > 70 shots, contax 45mm. from lots of different windows :)
        > reduced from 35000 to 16384x8192 you see here.
        >
        > a cleaner one coming soon from a different building somewhere else ;)
        >
        > Jeffrey
        >

        > Jeffrey Martin
        > www.360cities.net - The World in Virtual Reality
        > tel. +420 608 076 502 / skype jeffrey.s.martin

      • John Riley
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 5, 2009
          The dirty windows give it an L.A. ambiance 8-) Cool work!

          John

          John Riley
          johnriley@...
          jriley@...

          On Jan 5, 2009, at 6:38 PM, Jeffrey Martin wrote:

          > the window was dirty... but only looking towards the sun was it an
          > issue....

        • Willy Kaemena
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 5, 2009
            ...like I did here:
            http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FS/Muenchen/Olympiaturm

            Willy Kaemena

            On Jan 6, 2009, at 2:03, zen.alien wrote:

            > This is very effective !!!
            > maybe you could have stitched a nadir from a view of google earth...?
            >
            > I mean from the 3D buildings from GE...
            >
            > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Martin" <360cities@...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > another one of those fun "from the top of the building, without the
            > > building" panos... chicago in winter (2007) just finished....
            > > http://360cities.net/image/hancock-center-building-chicago-skyline
            > >
            > > the window was dirty... but only looking towards the sun was it an
            > > issue....
            > > 70 shots, contax 45mm. from lots of different windows :)
            > > reduced from 35000 to 16384x8192 you see here.
            > >
            > > a cleaner one coming soon from a different building somewhere
            > else ;)
            > >
            > > Jeffrey
            > >

            > > Jeffrey Martin
            > > www.360cities.net - The World in Virtual Reality
            > > tel. +420 608 076 502 / skype jeffrey.s.martin

          • Bjørn K Nilssen
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 6, 2009
              On 6 Jan 2009 at 0:38, Jeffrey Martin wrote:

              > another one of those fun "from the top of the building, without the
              > building" panos... chicago in winter (2007) just finished....
              > http://360cities.net/image/hancock-center-building-chicago-skyline
              >
              > Jeffrey

              Nice work - in Firefox.
              Unfortunately the entire 360cities seems to look not good in Opera (my preferred
              browser), at least on my PC..
              The main/top pano ends up as a strange looking banner/header band at the top, slightly
              lower than the map, which is cut off a little at the top..
              Ir doesn't look good, I'm afraid.

            • udedomenico
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 7, 2009
                Jeffrey,

                I just wonder how you manage to remove the nodal point entirely from
                the shot?!

                That's pretty amazing!