Re: [PanoToolsNG] request for Ian Wood, Aldo Hoeben, or Traugott Emrich - great hardware opportunity

  • Matthew Rogers
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 5, 2009
      I can imagine that Ian has already started on a life sized version for
      himself to terrorise everyone with in Romania :)

      Matt

      On 5 Jan 2009, at 15:05, Jeffrey Martin wrote:

      > I think I have finally found the ideal "cheap chinese mass produced"
      > component that could allow a total proliferation of cheap high-
      > quality "pano
      > robots". It solves the basic issue of moving the camera by itself / by
      > remote. and it's only $20.
      >
      > http://www.mcphee.com/items/11727.html
      >
      > perhaps interfacing this with some kind of camera setup, the google
      > street
      > view car will be obsolete.
      >
      > It also might work very well as a regional product, especially for Mr.
      > Emrich over there in Munich ;-)
      >
      > Any thoughts from these 3 intrepid pioneers of pano-robot building
      > technology? :-)
      >
      > Jeffrey Martin
      > www.360cities.net - The World in Virtual Reality
      > tel. +420 608 076 502 / skype jeffrey.s.martin

    • Peter Nyfeler
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 5, 2009
        ..it reminds me of a really cool film wilth Wallace & Gromit

        http://www.guba.com/watch/3000044864

        :-)

        Peter

        Jeffrey Martin schrieb:
        > I think I have finally found the ideal "cheap chinese mass produced"
        > component that could allow a total proliferation of cheap high-quality "pano
        > robots". It solves the basic issue of moving the camera by itself / by
        > remote. and it's only $20.
        >
        > http://www.mcphee.com/items/11727.html
        >
        > perhaps interfacing this with some kind of camera setup, the google street
        > view car will be obsolete.
        >
        > It also might work very well as a regional product, especially for Mr.
        > Emrich over there in Munich ;-)
        >
        > Any thoughts from these 3 intrepid pioneers of pano-robot building
        > technology? :-)
        >

        > Jeffrey Martin
        > www.360cities.net - The World in Virtual Reality
        > tel. +420 608 076 502 / skype jeffrey.s.martin

      • bohonus
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 5, 2009
          Well Archie McPhee's (the store that sells them) is in Seattle.. So I actually have to LIVE near
          those things! Nightmares I tell you! lol!

          Not to mention THESE as well :)

          http://tinyurl.com/95qxtr