request for Ian Wood, Aldo Hoeben, or Traugott Emrich - great hardware opportunity

  • Jeffrey Martin
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 5, 2009
      I think I have finally found the ideal "cheap chinese mass produced"
      component that could allow a total proliferation of cheap high-quality "pano
      robots". It solves the basic issue of moving the camera by itself / by
      remote. and it's only $20.

      http://www.mcphee.com/items/11727.html

      perhaps interfacing this with some kind of camera setup, the google street
      view car will be obsolete.

      It also might work very well as a regional product, especially for Mr.
      Emrich over there in Munich ;-)

      Any thoughts from these 3 intrepid pioneers of pano-robot building
      technology? :-)

      Jeffrey Martin
      tel. +420 608 076 502 / skype jeffrey.s.martin

    • Matthew Rogers
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 5, 2009
        I can imagine that Ian has already started on a life sized version for
        himself to terrorise everyone with in Romania :)

        Matt

        On 5 Jan 2009, at 15:05, Jeffrey Martin wrote:

        > I think I have finally found the ideal "cheap chinese mass produced"
        > component that could allow a total proliferation of cheap high-
        > quality "pano
        > robots". It solves the basic issue of moving the camera by itself / by
        > remote. and it's only $20.
        >
        > http://www.mcphee.com/items/11727.html
        >
        > perhaps interfacing this with some kind of camera setup, the google
        > street
        > view car will be obsolete.
        >
        > It also might work very well as a regional product, especially for Mr.
        > Emrich over there in Munich ;-)
        >
        > Any thoughts from these 3 intrepid pioneers of pano-robot building
        > technology? :-)
        >
        > Jeffrey Martin
        > www.360cities.net - The World in Virtual Reality
        > tel. +420 608 076 502 / skype jeffrey.s.martin

      • Peter Nyfeler
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 5, 2009
          ..it reminds me of a really cool film wilth Wallace & Gromit

          http://www.guba.com/watch/3000044864

          :-)

          Peter

          Jeffrey Martin schrieb:
          > I think I have finally found the ideal "cheap chinese mass produced"
          > component that could allow a total proliferation of cheap high-quality "pano
          > robots". It solves the basic issue of moving the camera by itself / by
          > remote. and it's only $20.
          >
          > http://www.mcphee.com/items/11727.html
          >
          > perhaps interfacing this with some kind of camera setup, the google street
          > view car will be obsolete.
          >
          > It also might work very well as a regional product, especially for Mr.
          > Emrich over there in Munich ;-)
          >
          > Any thoughts from these 3 intrepid pioneers of pano-robot building
          > technology? :-)
          >

          > Jeffrey Martin
          > www.360cities.net - The World in Virtual Reality
          > tel. +420 608 076 502 / skype jeffrey.s.martin

        • bohonus
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 5, 2009
            Well Archie McPhee's (the store that sells them) is in Seattle.. So I actually have to LIVE near
            those things! Nightmares I tell you! lol!

            Not to mention THESE as well :)

            http://tinyurl.com/95qxtr