Panoramic timelapse video

  • panovrx
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2009
      I finally got round to putting a panoramic timelapse video I made a
      couple of years ago on Vimeo this morning
      http://www.vimeo.com/2700811
      The HD version should be available there shortly. I will have to
      organise some sound for it.
      This was shot with a Canon 5D (or for the 360 views -- two Canon5Ds at
      180 degrees) and mostly a 10.5mm Nikkor (or two 10.5mm Nikkors) or a
      Sigma 15mm and
      then corrected with the Photoshop Panotools plugin to rectilinear or
      equirectangular perspective. This was all jpgs but the Canon 5DMkII has
      good burst capacity with its sRAW formats and so the dynamic range and
      colour should be better in a new one I am making using sRAW.

      Peter Murphy
      http://www.mediavr.com/blog
    • bohonus
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2009
        This looks great Peter!

        Did you use anything to stabilize camera movement or software to align successive
        images?

        > I finally got round to putting a panoramic timelapse video I made a
        > couple of years ago on Vimeo this morning
        > http://www.vimeo.com/2700811
        > The HD version should be available there shortly. I will have to
        > organise some sound for it.
        > This was shot with a Canon 5D (or for the 360 views -- two Canon5Ds at
        > 180 degrees) and mostly a 10.5mm Nikkor (or two 10.5mm Nikkors) or a
        > Sigma 15mm and
        > then corrected with the Photoshop Panotools plugin to rectilinear or
        > equirectangular perspective. This was all jpgs but the Canon 5DMkII has
        > good burst capacity with its sRAW formats and so the dynamic range and
        > colour should be better in a new one I am making using sRAW.
        >
        > Peter Murphy
        > http://www.mediavr.com/blog

      • Guillaume Fulchiron
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 5, 2009
          "bohonus" <bradford@...> wrote:

          > This looks great Peter!
          >
          > Did you use anything to stabilize camera movement or software to
          align successive
          > images?

          +1

          G.