Re: One shot panoramas

  • Ronald
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009
      I just experimented with a monopod, hold in place by a cellphone
      holder attached to my belt. (you rotate the monopod in the phone
      holder). See http://www.panoguide.com/forums/galleries/5649/
      regards,
      Ronald

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Mihai Stanescu"
      <mihai.stanescu@...> wrote:

      > Hello all
      >
      > I was interested in knowing what kind of hardware do you use when you
      > need to make panoramas that contain a lot of moving subjects.
      > (festivals for example)
      >
      > After some research I found O-360 optical system. Are there other
      > similar optical systems?
      >
      > Also...if using O-360 do you have any tutorial in stitching the zenith
      > and nadir shots?
      >
      > Thanks

    • eyesee360
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Mihai Stanescu" <mihai.stanescu@...> wrote:

        > Hello all
        >
        > I was interested in knowing what kind of hardware do you use when you
        > need to make panoramas that contain a lot of moving subjects.
        > (festivals for example)
        >
        > After some research I found O-360 optical system. Are there other
        > similar optical systems?

        Yes, my company offers the GoPano optic:
        http://www.eyesee360.com/gopano/

        We were selling our optics under the 360 One VR brand with Kaidan. This is the latest
        design and is an EyeSee360 product.

        We include PhotoWarp with every optic we sell, which has more capabilities than the 0-360
        bundled software, including batch processing.

        Best Wishes,
        Michael Rondinelli
      • Mark D. Fink
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009

          Absolutely! Good thing I had a steady hand when I shot this:

          <http://krpano.com/krpano.html?pano=panos/sanctuarie/sanctuarie.xml>

          8^)

          Mark
          www.360cities.net
          www.pinnacle-vr.com
          www.northernlight.net
        • bohonus
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009
            Here's a monopod shot I did on the stage of a small night club in Seattle during a
            performance of the band "Babyland" from L.A. -they do a mix of percussion and electronic
            music- hence all the sparks from the hand held metal grinder :)

            They were moving around so much, it was very tricky to get the pieces together (had to go
            around multiple times).

            http://tinyurl.com/7ox3pl

            Nikon D300 w/10.5mm

            -b
          • Keith Martin
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009
              Sometime around 2/1/09 (at 21:58 +0000) bohonus said:

              >it was very tricky to get the pieces together (had to go around
              >multiple times).

              It has to be said that this is precisely the problem that the
              one-shot lens/mirrors don't suffer from. I wish this didn't have to
              also mean being restricted to one shot's set of pixels.