[PanoToolsNG] Re: One shot panoramas

  • Keith Martin
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009
      Sometime around 2/1/09 (at 11:35 +0100) Jeffrey Martin said:

      >http://www.360cities.net/image/farmers-market-in-old-havana-onions

      Impressive, and close to flaw-free. Looks like a great place for
      shooting panos, too.

      >pano heads are overrated ;))

      I've done hand-held shots, but this, for example:
      http://www.panoramaphotographer.com/nc/fairview/new-home.html

      - with so many possibilities for parallax, and shot bracketed for
      enfusing, shows why pano heads are also UNDERrated! ;-)

    • Ronald
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009
        I just experimented with a monopod, hold in place by a cellphone
        holder attached to my belt. (you rotate the monopod in the phone
        holder). See http://www.panoguide.com/forums/galleries/5649/
        regards,
        Ronald

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Mihai Stanescu"
        <mihai.stanescu@...> wrote:

        > Hello all
        >
        > I was interested in knowing what kind of hardware do you use when you
        > need to make panoramas that contain a lot of moving subjects.
        > (festivals for example)
        >
        > After some research I found O-360 optical system. Are there other
        > similar optical systems?
        >
        > Also...if using O-360 do you have any tutorial in stitching the zenith
        > and nadir shots?
        >
        > Thanks

      • eyesee360
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Mihai Stanescu" <mihai.stanescu@...> wrote:

          > Hello all
          >
          > I was interested in knowing what kind of hardware do you use when you
          > need to make panoramas that contain a lot of moving subjects.
          > (festivals for example)
          >
          > After some research I found O-360 optical system. Are there other
          > similar optical systems?

          Yes, my company offers the GoPano optic:
          http://www.eyesee360.com/gopano/

          We were selling our optics under the 360 One VR brand with Kaidan. This is the latest
          design and is an EyeSee360 product.

          We include PhotoWarp with every optic we sell, which has more capabilities than the 0-360
          bundled software, including batch processing.

          Best Wishes,
          Michael Rondinelli
        • Mark D. Fink
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009

            Absolutely! Good thing I had a steady hand when I shot this:

            <http://krpano.com/krpano.html?pano=panos/sanctuarie/sanctuarie.xml>

            8^)

            Mark
            www.360cities.net
            www.pinnacle-vr.com
            www.northernlight.net
          • bohonus
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009
              Here's a monopod shot I did on the stage of a small night club in Seattle during a
              performance of the band "Babyland" from L.A. -they do a mix of percussion and electronic
              music- hence all the sparks from the hand held metal grinder :)

              They were moving around so much, it was very tricky to get the pieces together (had to go
              around multiple times).

              http://tinyurl.com/7ox3pl

              Nikon D300 w/10.5mm

              -b
            • Keith Martin
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009
                Sometime around 2/1/09 (at 21:58 +0000) bohonus said:

                >it was very tricky to get the pieces together (had to go around
                >multiple times).

                It has to be said that this is precisely the problem that the
                one-shot lens/mirrors don't suffer from. I wish this didn't have to
                also mean being restricted to one shot's set of pixels.