Re: One shot panoramas

  • Jeffrey Martin
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009
      shoot handheld!
      with the camera straight above your head.

      for example
      http://www.360cities.net/image/farmers-market-in-old-havana-onions

      all panos in the area of the farmers market (and most in havana in fact) are
      handheld.

      pano heads are overrated ;))

      Jeffrey Martin
      tel. +420 608 076 502 / skype jeffrey.s.martin

    • Keith Martin
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009
        Sometime around 2/1/09 (at 11:35 +0100) Jeffrey Martin said:

        >http://www.360cities.net/image/farmers-market-in-old-havana-onions

        Impressive, and close to flaw-free. Looks like a great place for
        shooting panos, too.

        >pano heads are overrated ;))

        I've done hand-held shots, but this, for example:
        http://www.panoramaphotographer.com/nc/fairview/new-home.html

        - with so many possibilities for parallax, and shot bracketed for
        enfusing, shows why pano heads are also UNDERrated! ;-)

      • Ronald
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009
          I just experimented with a monopod, hold in place by a cellphone
          holder attached to my belt. (you rotate the monopod in the phone
          holder). See http://www.panoguide.com/forums/galleries/5649/
          regards,
          Ronald

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Mihai Stanescu"
          <mihai.stanescu@...> wrote:

          > Hello all
          >
          > I was interested in knowing what kind of hardware do you use when you
          > need to make panoramas that contain a lot of moving subjects.
          > (festivals for example)
          >
          > After some research I found O-360 optical system. Are there other
          > similar optical systems?
          >
          > Also...if using O-360 do you have any tutorial in stitching the zenith
          > and nadir shots?
          >
          > Thanks

        • eyesee360
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Mihai Stanescu" <mihai.stanescu@...> wrote:

            > Hello all
            >
            > I was interested in knowing what kind of hardware do you use when you
            > need to make panoramas that contain a lot of moving subjects.
            > (festivals for example)
            >
            > After some research I found O-360 optical system. Are there other
            > similar optical systems?

            Yes, my company offers the GoPano optic:
            http://www.eyesee360.com/gopano/

            We were selling our optics under the 360 One VR brand with Kaidan. This is the latest
            design and is an EyeSee360 product.

            We include PhotoWarp with every optic we sell, which has more capabilities than the 0-360
            bundled software, including batch processing.

            Best Wishes,
            Michael Rondinelli
          • Mark D. Fink
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009

              Absolutely! Good thing I had a steady hand when I shot this:

              <http://krpano.com/krpano.html?pano=panos/sanctuarie/sanctuarie.xml>

              8^)

              Mark
              www.360cities.net
              www.pinnacle-vr.com
              www.northernlight.net
            • bohonus
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009
                Here's a monopod shot I did on the stage of a small night club in Seattle during a
                performance of the band "Babyland" from L.A. -they do a mix of percussion and electronic
                music- hence all the sparks from the hand held metal grinder :)

                They were moving around so much, it was very tricky to get the pieces together (had to go
                around multiple times).

                http://tinyurl.com/7ox3pl

                Nikon D300 w/10.5mm

                -b
              • Keith Martin
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 2, 2009
                  Sometime around 2/1/09 (at 21:58 +0000) bohonus said:

                  >it was very tricky to get the pieces together (had to go around
                  >multiple times).

                  It has to be said that this is precisely the problem that the
                  one-shot lens/mirrors don't suffer from. I wish this didn't have to
                  also mean being restricted to one shot's set of pixels.