+Re: Santa at 6400ISO

  • Vivek Burman
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2009
      Hi Peter,

      Beautiful pano's of a very difficult situation. I think the D700 has
      lower noise at 1600iso than the old 5D at 800 in your pano's.

      I was thinking of getting the D700 so just wanted to know why you sold
      it. Any downside apart from less pixels.

      Happy New Year to all.

      Bye,
      Vivek Dev Burman
      Kolkata
    • panovrx
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2009
        Hi Vivek
        I shoot a lot of panoramas of interiors and landscape where I would
        like as much resolution as possible - so pixels are the main reason now
        that the Canon has good high ISO though maybe not as good as the Nikon.
        Also I am really into panoramic video and I want to use the Canon for
        that.
        And the dB noise level of the Nikon really bugged me with candid
        photography. The Canon is almost silent in one mode.

        Peter