Re: Santa at 6400ISO

  • panovrx
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 1, 2009
      And here with the D700 are the New Year fireworks this year in Sydney
      at 1600ISO (with a pole, 3 shots, f3.5, 10.5mm, 1/40th)
      http://www.mediavr.com/nye09.htm or in Flash on panoramas.dk
      http://www.panoramas.dk/

      You might like to compare that with the 2007/2008 fireworks at the same
      location with the Canon 5D at 800ISO
      http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/PanoToolsNG/message/15929

      This was my swansong with the D700 as I have got a 5DMkII and I sold
      the D700 yesterday (switching cameras makes was fuzzing my brain
      interface-wise). I used the D700 on NYE because I thought it might have
      an edge for fireworks (and it would have been depressing if something
      bad had happened to my brandnew 5DMarkII on its first outing -- it is
      extremely hectic sometimes at Sydney NYEs.)

      Peter Murphy
      http://www.mediavr.com/blog

      > Here for those interested in D700/10.5mm shots --
      > http://www.mediavr.com/xmas.htm
      >
      > This is at 6400ISO. It wasnt that dark but Santa wasnt gonna stay
      still
    • Philip Warner
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 2, 2009
        Look at all those people! Great job at getting everyone to freeze
        while the camera was spinning and shooting. Less noise in the shot
        from last year. I can't wait to see your 2010 New Years Eve pano. ;-)

        Phil