Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Rio Cylinder with KRP

  • Ken Warner
    Message 1 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
      By the way, I tried to load it into IE6 on a Windows 2000 machine
      and it crashed IE6.

      AYRTON wrote:
      > On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 8:06 AM, Flemming V. Larsen
      > <fvl@...>wrote:
      >

      >>The FPP version took ages to load - once loaded it's just fine.
      >

      > thanks Flemming
      >

      >>The Krpano version loaded instantly - but is a bit slower on rotation.
      >

      > they both are running from the same image ... a 7930 X 1767 JPG
      >

      > Maybe the faster download with KRpano could be because it got the pano from
      >
      >>the browser cache?
      >

      > I don't think so, since it's the same image, but I placed it twice on my
      > server in a different folder (directory) just to avoid problems ...
      >

      >>WinXP Pro / AMD 1.856 MHz / 3 MB RAM / ATI Radion 9200 128 MB gfx-card 7 /
      >>Internet Explorer / 10 MBit connection
      >

      > I have a 2 mb connection and they all work perfect
      >

      >>Happy New Year
      >

      > same to you and family
      > 2009 in peace and NO crisis
      >
      > best
      > AYRTON
      >

      >>- Flemming
      >>

      >>------------------------------------
      >>
      >>--

    • AYRTON
      Message 2 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
        On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 1:50 PM, Ken Warner <kwarner000@...> wrote:

        > All this discussion about 7930 x 1767 JPEG image?

        :-)

        > That's not a very big image.

        we know :-)
        it's a reduced version of the original 18.622 image

        Thanks
        Happy 2009

        best
        AYRTON

        > Send me a link to the
        > cylindrical image. I'll stick it in my Java viewer
        > and you can compare. Or not...
        >
        > AYRTON wrote:
        > > On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 8:06 AM, Flemming V. Larsen
        > > <fvl@...>wrote:
        > >

        > >>The FPP version took ages to load - once loaded it's just fine.
        > >

        > > thanks Flemming
        > >

        > >>The Krpano version loaded instantly - but is a bit slower on rotation.
        > >

        > > they both are running from the same image ... a 7930 X 1767 JPG
        > >

        > > Maybe the faster download with KRpano could be because it got the pano
        > from
        > >
        > >>the browser cache?
        > >

        > > I don't think so, since it's the same image, but I placed it twice on my
        > > server in a different folder (directory) just to avoid problems ...
        > >

        > >>WinXP Pro / AMD 1.856 MHz / 3 MB RAM / ATI Radion 9200 128 MB gfx-card 7
        > /
        > >>Internet Explorer / 10 MBit connection
        > >

        > > I have a 2 mb connection and they all work perfect
        > >

        > >>Happy New Year
        > >

        > > same to you and family
        > > 2009 in peace and NO crisis
        > >
        > > best
        > > AYRTON
        > >

        > >>- Flemming
        > >>

        > >>------------------------------------
        > >>
        > >>--

        ------------
        | A Y R |
        | T O N |
        ------------

        + 55 21 9982 6313

        http://ayrton360.com
        http://rio.360cities.net
        http://vrfolio.com
        http://ayrton.com

      • Ken Warner
        Message 3 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
          Oh, never mind. Java would die a horrible death....

          AYRTON wrote:
          > On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 1:50 PM, Ken Warner <kwarner000@...> wrote:
          >

          >>All this discussion about 7930 x 1767 JPEG image?
          >

          > :-)
          >

          >>That's not a very big image.
          >

          > we know :-)
          > it's a reduced version of the original 18.622 image
          >
          > Thanks
          > Happy 2009
          >
          > best
          > AYRTON
          >

          >>Send me a link to the
          >>cylindrical image. I'll stick it in my Java viewer
          >>and you can compare. Or not...
          >>
          >>AYRTON wrote:

          >>>thanks Flemming

          >>>they both are running from the same image ... a 7930 X 1767 JPG
          >>>

          >>>Maybe the faster download with KRpano could be because it got the pano
          >>
          >>from

          >>>I don't think so, since it's the same image, but I placed it twice on my
          >>>server in a different folder (directory) just to avoid problems ...

          >>/

          >>>I have a 2 mb connection and they all work perfect

          >>>same to you and family
          >>>2009 in peace and NO crisis
          >>>
          >>>best
          >>>AYRTON

          >>------------------------------------
          >>
          >>--

        • Bernd
          Message 4 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
            Hi Ayrton, nice work !!!
            I have also problems to view the FPP version ... Browser Firefox
            freezes after ca 5sec.
            With KRPano everything is okay and the speed is also good here.

            Best wishes
            Bernd
          • AYRTON
            Message 5 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
              On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 2:54 PM, Bernd <schuhdohrmann@...> wrote:

              > Hi Ayrton, nice work !!!

              thanks

              > I have also problems to view the FPP version ... Browser Firefox
              > freezes after ca 5sec.
              > With KRPano everything is okay and the speed is also good here.

              good to hear :-)

              best 2009

              AYRTON

              > Best wishes