Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Rio Cylinder with KRP

  • Ken Warner
    Message 1 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
      All this discussion about 7930 x 1767 JPEG image?

      That's not a very big image. Send me a link to the
      cylindrical image. I'll stick it in my Java viewer
      and you can compare. Or not...

      AYRTON wrote:
      > On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 8:06 AM, Flemming V. Larsen
      > <fvl@...>wrote:
      >

      >>The FPP version took ages to load - once loaded it's just fine.
      >

      > thanks Flemming
      >

      >>The Krpano version loaded instantly - but is a bit slower on rotation.
      >

      > they both are running from the same image ... a 7930 X 1767 JPG
      >

      > Maybe the faster download with KRpano could be because it got the pano from
      >
      >>the browser cache?
      >

      > I don't think so, since it's the same image, but I placed it twice on my
      > server in a different folder (directory) just to avoid problems ...
      >

      >>WinXP Pro / AMD 1.856 MHz / 3 MB RAM / ATI Radion 9200 128 MB gfx-card 7 /
      >>Internet Explorer / 10 MBit connection
      >

      > I have a 2 mb connection and they all work perfect
      >

      >>Happy New Year
      >

      > same to you and family
      > 2009 in peace and NO crisis
      >
      > best
      > AYRTON
      >

      >>- Flemming
      >>

      >>------------------------------------
      >>
      >>--

    • Ken Warner
      Message 2 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
        By the way, I tried to load it into IE6 on a Windows 2000 machine
        and it crashed IE6.

        AYRTON wrote:
        > On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 8:06 AM, Flemming V. Larsen
        > <fvl@...>wrote:
        >

        >>The FPP version took ages to load - once loaded it's just fine.
        >

        > thanks Flemming
        >

        >>The Krpano version loaded instantly - but is a bit slower on rotation.
        >

        > they both are running from the same image ... a 7930 X 1767 JPG
        >

        > Maybe the faster download with KRpano could be because it got the pano from
        >
        >>the browser cache?
        >

        > I don't think so, since it's the same image, but I placed it twice on my
        > server in a different folder (directory) just to avoid problems ...
        >

        >>WinXP Pro / AMD 1.856 MHz / 3 MB RAM / ATI Radion 9200 128 MB gfx-card 7 /
        >>Internet Explorer / 10 MBit connection
        >

        > I have a 2 mb connection and they all work perfect
        >

        >>Happy New Year
        >

        > same to you and family
        > 2009 in peace and NO crisis
        >
        > best
        > AYRTON
        >

        >>- Flemming
        >>

        >>------------------------------------
        >>
        >>--

      • AYRTON
        Message 3 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
          On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 1:50 PM, Ken Warner <kwarner000@...> wrote:

          > All this discussion about 7930 x 1767 JPEG image?

          :-)

          > That's not a very big image.

          we know :-)
          it's a reduced version of the original 18.622 image

          Thanks
          Happy 2009

          best
          AYRTON

          > Send me a link to the
          > cylindrical image. I'll stick it in my Java viewer
          > and you can compare. Or not...
          >
          > AYRTON wrote:
          > > On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 8:06 AM, Flemming V. Larsen
          > > <fvl@...>wrote:
          > >

          > >>The FPP version took ages to load - once loaded it's just fine.
          > >

          > > thanks Flemming
          > >

          > >>The Krpano version loaded instantly - but is a bit slower on rotation.
          > >

          > > they both are running from the same image ... a 7930 X 1767 JPG
          > >

          > > Maybe the faster download with KRpano could be because it got the pano
          > from
          > >
          > >>the browser cache?
          > >

          > > I don't think so, since it's the same image, but I placed it twice on my
          > > server in a different folder (directory) just to avoid problems ...
          > >

          > >>WinXP Pro / AMD 1.856 MHz / 3 MB RAM / ATI Radion 9200 128 MB gfx-card 7
          > /
          > >>Internet Explorer / 10 MBit connection
          > >

          > > I have a 2 mb connection and they all work perfect
          > >

          > >>Happy New Year
          > >

          > > same to you and family
          > > 2009 in peace and NO crisis
          > >
          > > best
          > > AYRTON
          > >

          > >>- Flemming
          > >>

          > >>------------------------------------
          > >>
          > >>--

          ------------
          | A Y R |
          | T O N |
          ------------

          + 55 21 9982 6313

          http://ayrton360.com
          http://rio.360cities.net
          http://vrfolio.com
          http://ayrton.com

        • Ken Warner
          Message 4 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
            Oh, never mind. Java would die a horrible death....

            AYRTON wrote:
            > On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 1:50 PM, Ken Warner <kwarner000@...> wrote:
            >

            >>All this discussion about 7930 x 1767 JPEG image?
            >

            > :-)
            >

            >>That's not a very big image.
            >

            > we know :-)
            > it's a reduced version of the original 18.622 image
            >
            > Thanks
            > Happy 2009
            >
            > best
            > AYRTON
            >

            >>Send me a link to the
            >>cylindrical image. I'll stick it in my Java viewer
            >>and you can compare. Or not...
            >>
            >>AYRTON wrote:

            >>>thanks Flemming

            >>>they both are running from the same image ... a 7930 X 1767 JPG
            >>>

            >>>Maybe the faster download with KRpano could be because it got the pano
            >>
            >>from

            >>>I don't think so, since it's the same image, but I placed it twice on my
            >>>server in a different folder (directory) just to avoid problems ...

            >>/

            >>>I have a 2 mb connection and they all work perfect

            >>>same to you and family
            >>>2009 in peace and NO crisis
            >>>
            >>>best
            >>>AYRTON

            >>------------------------------------
            >>
            >>--

          • Bernd
            Message 5 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
              Hi Ayrton, nice work !!!
              I have also problems to view the FPP version ... Browser Firefox
              freezes after ca 5sec.
              With KRPano everything is okay and the speed is also good here.

              Best wishes
              Bernd
            • AYRTON
              Message 6 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 2:54 PM, Bernd <schuhdohrmann@...> wrote:

                > Hi Ayrton, nice work !!!

                thanks

                > I have also problems to view the FPP version ... Browser Firefox
                > freezes after ca 5sec.
                > With KRPano everything is okay and the speed is also good here.

                good to hear :-)

                best 2009

                AYRTON

                > Best wishes