Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Rio Cylinder with KRP

  • AYRTON
    Message 1 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
      On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 8:06 AM, Flemming V. Larsen
      <fvl@...>wrote:

      > The FPP version took ages to load - once loaded it's just fine.

      thanks Flemming

      > The Krpano version loaded instantly - but is a bit slower on rotation.

      they both are running from the same image ... a 7930 X 1767 JPG

      Maybe the faster download with KRpano could be because it got the pano from
      > the browser cache?

      I don't think so, since it's the same image, but I placed it twice on my
      server in a different folder (directory) just to avoid problems ...

      > WinXP Pro / AMD 1.856 MHz / 3 MB RAM / ATI Radion 9200 128 MB gfx-card 7 /
      > Internet Explorer / 10 MBit connection

      I have a 2 mb connection and they all work perfect

      > Happy New Year

      same to you and family
      2009 in peace and NO crisis

      best
      AYRTON

      > - Flemming

      ------------
      | A Y R |
      | T O N |
      ------------

      + 55 21 9982 6313

      http://ayrton360.com
      http://rio.360cities.net
      http://vrfolio.com
      http://ayrton.com

    • Ken Warner
      Message 2 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
        All this discussion about 7930 x 1767 JPEG image?

        That's not a very big image. Send me a link to the
        cylindrical image. I'll stick it in my Java viewer
        and you can compare. Or not...

        AYRTON wrote:
        > On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 8:06 AM, Flemming V. Larsen
        > <fvl@...>wrote:
        >

        >>The FPP version took ages to load - once loaded it's just fine.
        >

        > thanks Flemming
        >

        >>The Krpano version loaded instantly - but is a bit slower on rotation.
        >

        > they both are running from the same image ... a 7930 X 1767 JPG
        >

        > Maybe the faster download with KRpano could be because it got the pano from
        >
        >>the browser cache?
        >

        > I don't think so, since it's the same image, but I placed it twice on my
        > server in a different folder (directory) just to avoid problems ...
        >

        >>WinXP Pro / AMD 1.856 MHz / 3 MB RAM / ATI Radion 9200 128 MB gfx-card 7 /
        >>Internet Explorer / 10 MBit connection
        >

        > I have a 2 mb connection and they all work perfect
        >

        >>Happy New Year
        >

        > same to you and family
        > 2009 in peace and NO crisis
        >
        > best
        > AYRTON
        >

        >>- Flemming
        >>

        >>------------------------------------
        >>
        >>--

      • Ken Warner
        Message 3 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
          By the way, I tried to load it into IE6 on a Windows 2000 machine
          and it crashed IE6.

          AYRTON wrote:
          > On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 8:06 AM, Flemming V. Larsen
          > <fvl@...>wrote:
          >

          >>The FPP version took ages to load - once loaded it's just fine.
          >

          > thanks Flemming
          >

          >>The Krpano version loaded instantly - but is a bit slower on rotation.
          >

          > they both are running from the same image ... a 7930 X 1767 JPG
          >

          > Maybe the faster download with KRpano could be because it got the pano from
          >
          >>the browser cache?
          >

          > I don't think so, since it's the same image, but I placed it twice on my
          > server in a different folder (directory) just to avoid problems ...
          >

          >>WinXP Pro / AMD 1.856 MHz / 3 MB RAM / ATI Radion 9200 128 MB gfx-card 7 /
          >>Internet Explorer / 10 MBit connection
          >

          > I have a 2 mb connection and they all work perfect
          >

          >>Happy New Year
          >

          > same to you and family
          > 2009 in peace and NO crisis
          >
          > best
          > AYRTON
          >

          >>- Flemming
          >>

          >>------------------------------------
          >>
          >>--

        • AYRTON
          Message 4 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
            On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 1:50 PM, Ken Warner <kwarner000@...> wrote:

            > All this discussion about 7930 x 1767 JPEG image?

            :-)

            > That's not a very big image.

            we know :-)
            it's a reduced version of the original 18.622 image

            Thanks
            Happy 2009

            best
            AYRTON

            > Send me a link to the
            > cylindrical image. I'll stick it in my Java viewer
            > and you can compare. Or not...
            >
            > AYRTON wrote:
            > > On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 8:06 AM, Flemming V. Larsen
            > > <fvl@...>wrote:
            > >

            > >>The FPP version took ages to load - once loaded it's just fine.
            > >

            > > thanks Flemming
            > >

            > >>The Krpano version loaded instantly - but is a bit slower on rotation.
            > >

            > > they both are running from the same image ... a 7930 X 1767 JPG
            > >

            > > Maybe the faster download with KRpano could be because it got the pano
            > from
            > >
            > >>the browser cache?
            > >

            > > I don't think so, since it's the same image, but I placed it twice on my
            > > server in a different folder (directory) just to avoid problems ...
            > >

            > >>WinXP Pro / AMD 1.856 MHz / 3 MB RAM / ATI Radion 9200 128 MB gfx-card 7
            > /
            > >>Internet Explorer / 10 MBit connection
            > >

            > > I have a 2 mb connection and they all work perfect
            > >

            > >>Happy New Year
            > >

            > > same to you and family
            > > 2009 in peace and NO crisis
            > >
            > > best
            > > AYRTON
            > >

            > >>- Flemming
            > >>

            > >>------------------------------------
            > >>
            > >>--

            ------------
            | A Y R |
            | T O N |
            ------------

            + 55 21 9982 6313

            http://ayrton360.com
            http://rio.360cities.net
            http://vrfolio.com
            http://ayrton.com

          • Ken Warner
            Message 5 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
              Oh, never mind. Java would die a horrible death....

              AYRTON wrote:
              > On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 1:50 PM, Ken Warner <kwarner000@...> wrote:
              >

              >>All this discussion about 7930 x 1767 JPEG image?
              >

              > :-)
              >

              >>That's not a very big image.
              >

              > we know :-)
              > it's a reduced version of the original 18.622 image
              >
              > Thanks
              > Happy 2009
              >
              > best
              > AYRTON
              >

              >>Send me a link to the
              >>cylindrical image. I'll stick it in my Java viewer
              >>and you can compare. Or not...
              >>
              >>AYRTON wrote:

              >>>thanks Flemming

              >>>they both are running from the same image ... a 7930 X 1767 JPG
              >>>

              >>>Maybe the faster download with KRpano could be because it got the pano
              >>
              >>from

              >>>I don't think so, since it's the same image, but I placed it twice on my
              >>>server in a different folder (directory) just to avoid problems ...

              >>/

              >>>I have a 2 mb connection and they all work perfect

              >>>same to you and family
              >>>2009 in peace and NO crisis
              >>>
              >>>best
              >>>AYRTON

              >>------------------------------------
              >>
              >>--

            • Bernd
              Message 6 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                Hi Ayrton, nice work !!!
                I have also problems to view the FPP version ... Browser Firefox
                freezes after ca 5sec.
                With KRPano everything is okay and the speed is also good here.

                Best wishes
                Bernd
              • AYRTON
                Message 7 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                  On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 2:54 PM, Bernd <schuhdohrmann@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Ayrton, nice work !!!

                  thanks

                  > I have also problems to view the FPP version ... Browser Firefox
                  > freezes after ca 5sec.
                  > With KRPano everything is okay and the speed is also good here.

                  good to hear :-)

                  best 2009

                  AYRTON

                  > Best wishes