Re: [PanoToolsNG] Rio Cylinder with KRP

  • AYRTON
    Message 1 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
      hey Aiwetir THANKS againI'm gonna try that

      best
      AYRTON

      ------------
      | A Y R |
      | T O N |
      ------------

      + 55 21 9982 6313

      http://ayrton360.com
      http://rio.360cities.net
      http://vrfolio.com
      http://ayrton.com

    • AYRTON
      Message 2 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
        On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 7:15 AM, Juergen Schrader
        <panorama@...>wrote:

        > Brillant Ayrton. That's the right place for a Gigapixel :)

        yeah .... I tough the same
        I'll go back with some other lenses :-)

        Happy 2009

        best
        AYRTON

        > GO! ;)
        > Juergen
        >
        > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Okay guyssince some of you are having problems with my FPP
        > version ...
        > > I've prepared a KRP one :-)
        > >
        > > here it is :
        > > <http://ayrton.com/360/krp/donamarta3/donamarta3k.html>
        > >
        > > There's a link on the original page also :
        > > < http://ayrton.com/360/archives/502>
        > >
        > > It is still NOT a multiresolution version, since I'm waiting for
        > some help
        > > from Klaus with that :-)
        > > I can't figure out how to use Kmaketiles on a cylinder image :-(
        > > Sorry
        > >
        > > Best
        > > AYRTON
        > >

        > > ------------
        > > | A Y R |
        > > | T O N |
        > > ------------
        > >
        > > + 55 21 9982 6313
        > >
        > > http://ayrton360.com
        > > http://rio.360cities.net
        > > http://vrfolio.com
        > > http://ayrton.com

        ------------
        | A Y R |
        | T O N |
        ------------

        + 55 21 9982 6313

        http://ayrton360.com
        http://rio.360cities.net
        http://vrfolio.com
        http://ayrton.com

      • AYRTON
        Message 3 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
          On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 7:32 AM, Bjørn K Nilssen <bk@...> wrote:

          > This second one loads much faster here, and it also pans a lot smoother.
          > Opera uses 500MB
          > more RAM to show the first one. Something strange going on?

          I don't know, but a lot of users with IE are having crashing problems with
          the KRP version :-(

          > BTW, the zoom range is much better on the second one too (almost too much).

          I didn't figure out how to limit the zoom :-)

          > In he first one you never could zoom close enough I like to zoom in a lot,
          > even past where it starts
          > to soften.

          :-)

          > BTW, that tree with bird sounds (never found the bird ;) loaded very slowly
          > too, so I
          > thought it was just a slow connection..

          maybe lots of visitators at the same time ...
          only yesterday I had more than 700 visitors with 9.600 pageviews ...

          best
          AYRTON

          > --
          > Bjørn K Nilssen - http://bknilssen.no - panoramas and 3D

          ------------
          | A Y R |
          | T O N |
          ------------

          + 55 21 9982 6313

          http://ayrton360.com
          http://rio.360cities.net
          http://vrfolio.com
          http://ayrton.com

        • AYRTON
          Message 4 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
            On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 8:06 AM, Flemming V. Larsen
            <fvl@...>wrote:

            > The FPP version took ages to load - once loaded it's just fine.

            thanks Flemming

            > The Krpano version loaded instantly - but is a bit slower on rotation.

            they both are running from the same image ... a 7930 X 1767 JPG

            Maybe the faster download with KRpano could be because it got the pano from
            > the browser cache?

            I don't think so, since it's the same image, but I placed it twice on my
            server in a different folder (directory) just to avoid problems ...

            > WinXP Pro / AMD 1.856 MHz / 3 MB RAM / ATI Radion 9200 128 MB gfx-card 7 /
            > Internet Explorer / 10 MBit connection

            I have a 2 mb connection and they all work perfect

            > Happy New Year

            same to you and family
            2009 in peace and NO crisis

            best
            AYRTON

            > - Flemming

            ------------
            | A Y R |
            | T O N |
            ------------

            + 55 21 9982 6313

            http://ayrton360.com
            http://rio.360cities.net
            http://vrfolio.com
            http://ayrton.com

          • Ken Warner
            Message 5 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
              All this discussion about 7930 x 1767 JPEG image?

              That's not a very big image. Send me a link to the
              cylindrical image. I'll stick it in my Java viewer
              and you can compare. Or not...

              AYRTON wrote:
              > On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 8:06 AM, Flemming V. Larsen
              > <fvl@...>wrote:
              >

              >>The FPP version took ages to load - once loaded it's just fine.
              >

              > thanks Flemming
              >

              >>The Krpano version loaded instantly - but is a bit slower on rotation.
              >

              > they both are running from the same image ... a 7930 X 1767 JPG
              >

              > Maybe the faster download with KRpano could be because it got the pano from
              >
              >>the browser cache?
              >

              > I don't think so, since it's the same image, but I placed it twice on my
              > server in a different folder (directory) just to avoid problems ...
              >

              >>WinXP Pro / AMD 1.856 MHz / 3 MB RAM / ATI Radion 9200 128 MB gfx-card 7 /
              >>Internet Explorer / 10 MBit connection
              >

              > I have a 2 mb connection and they all work perfect
              >

              >>Happy New Year
              >

              > same to you and family
              > 2009 in peace and NO crisis
              >
              > best
              > AYRTON
              >

              >>- Flemming
              >>

              >>------------------------------------
              >>
              >>--

            • Ken Warner
              Message 6 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                By the way, I tried to load it into IE6 on a Windows 2000 machine
                and it crashed IE6.

                AYRTON wrote:
                > On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 8:06 AM, Flemming V. Larsen
                > <fvl@...>wrote:
                >

                >>The FPP version took ages to load - once loaded it's just fine.
                >

                > thanks Flemming
                >

                >>The Krpano version loaded instantly - but is a bit slower on rotation.
                >

                > they both are running from the same image ... a 7930 X 1767 JPG
                >

                > Maybe the faster download with KRpano could be because it got the pano from
                >
                >>the browser cache?
                >

                > I don't think so, since it's the same image, but I placed it twice on my
                > server in a different folder (directory) just to avoid problems ...
                >

                >>WinXP Pro / AMD 1.856 MHz / 3 MB RAM / ATI Radion 9200 128 MB gfx-card 7 /
                >>Internet Explorer / 10 MBit connection
                >

                > I have a 2 mb connection and they all work perfect
                >

                >>Happy New Year
                >

                > same to you and family
                > 2009 in peace and NO crisis
                >
                > best
                > AYRTON
                >

                >>- Flemming
                >>

                >>------------------------------------
                >>
                >>--

              • AYRTON
                Message 7 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                  On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 1:50 PM, Ken Warner <kwarner000@...> wrote:

                  > All this discussion about 7930 x 1767 JPEG image?

                  :-)

                  > That's not a very big image.

                  we know :-)
                  it's a reduced version of the original 18.622 image

                  Thanks
                  Happy 2009

                  best
                  AYRTON

                  > Send me a link to the
                  > cylindrical image. I'll stick it in my Java viewer
                  > and you can compare. Or not...
                  >
                  > AYRTON wrote:
                  > > On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 8:06 AM, Flemming V. Larsen
                  > > <fvl@...>wrote:
                  > >

                  > >>The FPP version took ages to load - once loaded it's just fine.
                  > >

                  > > thanks Flemming
                  > >

                  > >>The Krpano version loaded instantly - but is a bit slower on rotation.
                  > >

                  > > they both are running from the same image ... a 7930 X 1767 JPG
                  > >

                  > > Maybe the faster download with KRpano could be because it got the pano
                  > from
                  > >
                  > >>the browser cache?
                  > >

                  > > I don't think so, since it's the same image, but I placed it twice on my
                  > > server in a different folder (directory) just to avoid problems ...
                  > >

                  > >>WinXP Pro / AMD 1.856 MHz / 3 MB RAM / ATI Radion 9200 128 MB gfx-card 7
                  > /
                  > >>Internet Explorer / 10 MBit connection
                  > >

                  > > I have a 2 mb connection and they all work perfect
                  > >

                  > >>Happy New Year
                  > >

                  > > same to you and family
                  > > 2009 in peace and NO crisis
                  > >
                  > > best
                  > > AYRTON
                  > >

                  > >>- Flemming
                  > >>

                  > >>------------------------------------
                  > >>
                  > >>--

                  ------------
                  | A Y R |
                  | T O N |
                  ------------

                  + 55 21 9982 6313

                  http://ayrton360.com
                  http://rio.360cities.net
                  http://vrfolio.com
                  http://ayrton.com

                • Ken Warner
                  Message 8 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                    Oh, never mind. Java would die a horrible death....

                    AYRTON wrote:
                    > On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 1:50 PM, Ken Warner <kwarner000@...> wrote:
                    >

                    >>All this discussion about 7930 x 1767 JPEG image?
                    >

                    > :-)
                    >

                    >>That's not a very big image.
                    >

                    > we know :-)
                    > it's a reduced version of the original 18.622 image
                    >
                    > Thanks
                    > Happy 2009
                    >
                    > best
                    > AYRTON
                    >

                    >>Send me a link to the
                    >>cylindrical image. I'll stick it in my Java viewer
                    >>and you can compare. Or not...
                    >>
                    >>AYRTON wrote:

                    >>>thanks Flemming

                    >>>they both are running from the same image ... a 7930 X 1767 JPG
                    >>>

                    >>>Maybe the faster download with KRpano could be because it got the pano
                    >>
                    >>from

                    >>>I don't think so, since it's the same image, but I placed it twice on my
                    >>>server in a different folder (directory) just to avoid problems ...

                    >>/

                    >>>I have a 2 mb connection and they all work perfect

                    >>>same to you and family
                    >>>2009 in peace and NO crisis
                    >>>
                    >>>best
                    >>>AYRTON

                    >>------------------------------------
                    >>
                    >>--

                  • Bernd
                    Message 9 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                      Hi Ayrton, nice work !!!
                      I have also problems to view the FPP version ... Browser Firefox
                      freezes after ca 5sec.
                      With KRPano everything is okay and the speed is also good here.

                      Best wishes
                      Bernd
                    • AYRTON
                      Message 10 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                        On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 2:54 PM, Bernd <schuhdohrmann@...> wrote:

                        > Hi Ayrton, nice work !!!

                        thanks

                        > I have also problems to view the FPP version ... Browser Firefox
                        > freezes after ca 5sec.
                        > With KRPano everything is okay and the speed is also good here.

                        good to hear :-)

                        best 2009

                        AYRTON

                        > Best wishes