Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Rio Cylinder with KRP

  • Flemming V. Larsen
    Message 1 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
      The FPP version took ages to load - once loaded it's just fine.

      The Krpano version loaded instantly - but is a bit slower on rotation.

      Maybe the faster download with KRpano could be because it got the pano from
      the browser cache?

      WinXP Pro / AMD 1.856 MHz / 3 MB RAM / ATI Radion 9200 128 MB gfx-card 7 /
      Internet Explorer / 10 MBit connection

      Happy New Year
      - Flemming
    • AYRTON
      Message 2 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
        hey Aiwetir THANKS againI'm gonna try that

        best
        AYRTON

        ------------
        | A Y R |
        | T O N |
        ------------

        + 55 21 9982 6313

        http://ayrton360.com
        http://rio.360cities.net
        http://vrfolio.com
        http://ayrton.com

      • AYRTON
        Message 3 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
          On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 7:15 AM, Juergen Schrader
          <panorama@...>wrote:

          > Brillant Ayrton. That's the right place for a Gigapixel :)

          yeah .... I tough the same
          I'll go back with some other lenses :-)

          Happy 2009

          best
          AYRTON

          > GO! ;)
          > Juergen
          >
          > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Okay guyssince some of you are having problems with my FPP
          > version ...
          > > I've prepared a KRP one :-)
          > >
          > > here it is :
          > > <http://ayrton.com/360/krp/donamarta3/donamarta3k.html>
          > >
          > > There's a link on the original page also :
          > > < http://ayrton.com/360/archives/502>
          > >
          > > It is still NOT a multiresolution version, since I'm waiting for
          > some help
          > > from Klaus with that :-)
          > > I can't figure out how to use Kmaketiles on a cylinder image :-(
          > > Sorry
          > >
          > > Best
          > > AYRTON
          > >

          > > ------------
          > > | A Y R |
          > > | T O N |
          > > ------------
          > >
          > > + 55 21 9982 6313
          > >
          > > http://ayrton360.com
          > > http://rio.360cities.net
          > > http://vrfolio.com
          > > http://ayrton.com

          ------------
          | A Y R |
          | T O N |
          ------------

          + 55 21 9982 6313

          http://ayrton360.com
          http://rio.360cities.net
          http://vrfolio.com
          http://ayrton.com

        • AYRTON
          Message 4 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
            On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 7:32 AM, Bjørn K Nilssen <bk@...> wrote:

            > This second one loads much faster here, and it also pans a lot smoother.
            > Opera uses 500MB
            > more RAM to show the first one. Something strange going on?

            I don't know, but a lot of users with IE are having crashing problems with
            the KRP version :-(

            > BTW, the zoom range is much better on the second one too (almost too much).

            I didn't figure out how to limit the zoom :-)

            > In he first one you never could zoom close enough I like to zoom in a lot,
            > even past where it starts
            > to soften.

            :-)

            > BTW, that tree with bird sounds (never found the bird ;) loaded very slowly
            > too, so I
            > thought it was just a slow connection..

            maybe lots of visitators at the same time ...
            only yesterday I had more than 700 visitors with 9.600 pageviews ...

            best
            AYRTON

            > --
            > Bjørn K Nilssen - http://bknilssen.no - panoramas and 3D

            ------------
            | A Y R |
            | T O N |
            ------------

            + 55 21 9982 6313

            http://ayrton360.com
            http://rio.360cities.net
            http://vrfolio.com
            http://ayrton.com

          • AYRTON
            Message 5 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
              On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 8:06 AM, Flemming V. Larsen
              <fvl@...>wrote:

              > The FPP version took ages to load - once loaded it's just fine.

              thanks Flemming

              > The Krpano version loaded instantly - but is a bit slower on rotation.

              they both are running from the same image ... a 7930 X 1767 JPG

              Maybe the faster download with KRpano could be because it got the pano from
              > the browser cache?

              I don't think so, since it's the same image, but I placed it twice on my
              server in a different folder (directory) just to avoid problems ...

              > WinXP Pro / AMD 1.856 MHz / 3 MB RAM / ATI Radion 9200 128 MB gfx-card 7 /
              > Internet Explorer / 10 MBit connection

              I have a 2 mb connection and they all work perfect

              > Happy New Year

              same to you and family
              2009 in peace and NO crisis

              best
              AYRTON

              > - Flemming

              ------------
              | A Y R |
              | T O N |
              ------------

              + 55 21 9982 6313

              http://ayrton360.com
              http://rio.360cities.net
              http://vrfolio.com
              http://ayrton.com

            • Ken Warner
              Message 6 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                All this discussion about 7930 x 1767 JPEG image?

                That's not a very big image. Send me a link to the
                cylindrical image. I'll stick it in my Java viewer
                and you can compare. Or not...

                AYRTON wrote:
                > On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 8:06 AM, Flemming V. Larsen
                > <fvl@...>wrote:
                >

                >>The FPP version took ages to load - once loaded it's just fine.
                >

                > thanks Flemming
                >

                >>The Krpano version loaded instantly - but is a bit slower on rotation.
                >

                > they both are running from the same image ... a 7930 X 1767 JPG
                >

                > Maybe the faster download with KRpano could be because it got the pano from
                >
                >>the browser cache?
                >

                > I don't think so, since it's the same image, but I placed it twice on my
                > server in a different folder (directory) just to avoid problems ...
                >

                >>WinXP Pro / AMD 1.856 MHz / 3 MB RAM / ATI Radion 9200 128 MB gfx-card 7 /
                >>Internet Explorer / 10 MBit connection
                >

                > I have a 2 mb connection and they all work perfect
                >

                >>Happy New Year
                >

                > same to you and family
                > 2009 in peace and NO crisis
                >
                > best
                > AYRTON
                >

                >>- Flemming
                >>

                >>------------------------------------
                >>
                >>--

              • Ken Warner
                Message 7 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                  By the way, I tried to load it into IE6 on a Windows 2000 machine
                  and it crashed IE6.

                  AYRTON wrote:
                  > On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 8:06 AM, Flemming V. Larsen
                  > <fvl@...>wrote:
                  >

                  >>The FPP version took ages to load - once loaded it's just fine.
                  >

                  > thanks Flemming
                  >

                  >>The Krpano version loaded instantly - but is a bit slower on rotation.
                  >

                  > they both are running from the same image ... a 7930 X 1767 JPG
                  >

                  > Maybe the faster download with KRpano could be because it got the pano from
                  >
                  >>the browser cache?
                  >

                  > I don't think so, since it's the same image, but I placed it twice on my
                  > server in a different folder (directory) just to avoid problems ...
                  >

                  >>WinXP Pro / AMD 1.856 MHz / 3 MB RAM / ATI Radion 9200 128 MB gfx-card 7 /
                  >>Internet Explorer / 10 MBit connection
                  >

                  > I have a 2 mb connection and they all work perfect
                  >

                  >>Happy New Year
                  >

                  > same to you and family
                  > 2009 in peace and NO crisis
                  >
                  > best
                  > AYRTON
                  >

                  >>- Flemming
                  >>

                  >>------------------------------------
                  >>
                  >>--

                • AYRTON
                  Message 8 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                    On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 1:50 PM, Ken Warner <kwarner000@...> wrote:

                    > All this discussion about 7930 x 1767 JPEG image?

                    :-)

                    > That's not a very big image.

                    we know :-)
                    it's a reduced version of the original 18.622 image

                    Thanks
                    Happy 2009

                    best
                    AYRTON

                    > Send me a link to the
                    > cylindrical image. I'll stick it in my Java viewer
                    > and you can compare. Or not...
                    >
                    > AYRTON wrote:
                    > > On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 8:06 AM, Flemming V. Larsen
                    > > <fvl@...>wrote:
                    > >

                    > >>The FPP version took ages to load - once loaded it's just fine.
                    > >

                    > > thanks Flemming
                    > >

                    > >>The Krpano version loaded instantly - but is a bit slower on rotation.
                    > >

                    > > they both are running from the same image ... a 7930 X 1767 JPG
                    > >

                    > > Maybe the faster download with KRpano could be because it got the pano
                    > from
                    > >
                    > >>the browser cache?
                    > >

                    > > I don't think so, since it's the same image, but I placed it twice on my
                    > > server in a different folder (directory) just to avoid problems ...
                    > >

                    > >>WinXP Pro / AMD 1.856 MHz / 3 MB RAM / ATI Radion 9200 128 MB gfx-card 7
                    > /
                    > >>Internet Explorer / 10 MBit connection
                    > >

                    > > I have a 2 mb connection and they all work perfect
                    > >

                    > >>Happy New Year
                    > >

                    > > same to you and family
                    > > 2009 in peace and NO crisis
                    > >
                    > > best
                    > > AYRTON
                    > >

                    > >>- Flemming
                    > >>

                    > >>------------------------------------
                    > >>
                    > >>--

                    ------------
                    | A Y R |
                    | T O N |
                    ------------

                    + 55 21 9982 6313

                    http://ayrton360.com
                    http://rio.360cities.net
                    http://vrfolio.com
                    http://ayrton.com

                  • Ken Warner
                    Message 9 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                      Oh, never mind. Java would die a horrible death....

                      AYRTON wrote:
                      > On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 1:50 PM, Ken Warner <kwarner000@...> wrote:
                      >

                      >>All this discussion about 7930 x 1767 JPEG image?
                      >

                      > :-)
                      >

                      >>That's not a very big image.
                      >

                      > we know :-)
                      > it's a reduced version of the original 18.622 image
                      >
                      > Thanks
                      > Happy 2009
                      >
                      > best
                      > AYRTON
                      >

                      >>Send me a link to the
                      >>cylindrical image. I'll stick it in my Java viewer
                      >>and you can compare. Or not...
                      >>
                      >>AYRTON wrote:

                      >>>thanks Flemming

                      >>>they both are running from the same image ... a 7930 X 1767 JPG
                      >>>

                      >>>Maybe the faster download with KRpano could be because it got the pano
                      >>
                      >>from

                      >>>I don't think so, since it's the same image, but I placed it twice on my
                      >>>server in a different folder (directory) just to avoid problems ...

                      >>/

                      >>>I have a 2 mb connection and they all work perfect

                      >>>same to you and family
                      >>>2009 in peace and NO crisis
                      >>>
                      >>>best
                      >>>AYRTON

                      >>------------------------------------
                      >>
                      >>--

                    • Bernd
                      Message 10 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                        Hi Ayrton, nice work !!!
                        I have also problems to view the FPP version ... Browser Firefox
                        freezes after ca 5sec.
                        With KRPano everything is okay and the speed is also good here.

                        Best wishes
                        Bernd
                      • AYRTON
                        Message 11 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                          On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 2:54 PM, Bernd <schuhdohrmann@...> wrote:

                          > Hi Ayrton, nice work !!!

                          thanks

                          > I have also problems to view the FPP version ... Browser Firefox
                          > freezes after ca 5sec.
                          > With KRPano everything is okay and the speed is also good here.

                          good to hear :-)

                          best 2009

                          AYRTON

                          > Best wishes