Re: Rio Cylinder with KRP

  • Juergen Schrader
    Message 1 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
      Brillant Ayrton. That's the right place for a Gigapixel :)

      GO! ;)
      Juergen

      > Okay guyssince some of you are having problems with my FPP
      version ...
      > I've prepared a KRP one :-)
      >
      > here it is :
      > <http://ayrton.com/360/krp/donamarta3/donamarta3k.html>
      >
      > There's a link on the original page also :
      > < http://ayrton.com/360/archives/502>
      >
      > It is still NOT a multiresolution version, since I'm waiting for
      some help
      > from Klaus with that :-)
      > I can't figure out how to use Kmaketiles on a cylinder image :-(
      > Sorry
      >
      > Best
      > AYRTON
      >

      > ------------
      > | A Y R |
      > | T O N |
      > ------------
      >
      > + 55 21 9982 6313
      >
      > http://ayrton360.com
      > http://rio.360cities.net
      > http://vrfolio.com
      > http://ayrton.com

    • Bjørn K Nilssen
      Message 2 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
        On 30 Dec 2008 at 1:29, AYRTON wrote:

        > Okay guyssince some of you are having problems with my FPP version ...
        > I've prepared a KRP one :-)
        >
        > here it is :
        > <http://ayrton.com/360/krp/donamarta3/donamarta3k.html>
        >
        > There's a link on the original page also :
        > < http://ayrton.com/360/archives/502>

        This second one loads much faster here, and it also pans a lot smoother. Opera uses 500MB
        more RAM to show the first one. Something strange going on?
        BTW, the zoom range is much better on the second one too (almost too much). In he first
        one you never could zoom close enough I like to zoom in a lot, even past where it starts
        to soften.

        BTW, that tree with bird sounds (never found the bird ;) loaded very slowly too, so I
        thought it was just a slow connection..

      • Flemming V. Larsen
        Message 3 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
          The FPP version took ages to load - once loaded it's just fine.

          The Krpano version loaded instantly - but is a bit slower on rotation.

          Maybe the faster download with KRpano could be because it got the pano from
          the browser cache?

          WinXP Pro / AMD 1.856 MHz / 3 MB RAM / ATI Radion 9200 128 MB gfx-card 7 /
          Internet Explorer / 10 MBit connection

          Happy New Year
          - Flemming
        • AYRTON
          Message 4 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
            hey Aiwetir THANKS againI'm gonna try that

            best
            AYRTON

            ------------
            | A Y R |
            | T O N |
            ------------

            + 55 21 9982 6313

            http://ayrton360.com
            http://rio.360cities.net
            http://vrfolio.com
            http://ayrton.com

          • AYRTON
            Message 5 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
              On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 7:15 AM, Juergen Schrader
              <panorama@...>wrote:

              > Brillant Ayrton. That's the right place for a Gigapixel :)

              yeah .... I tough the same
              I'll go back with some other lenses :-)

              Happy 2009

              best
              AYRTON

              > GO! ;)
              > Juergen
              >
              > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Okay guyssince some of you are having problems with my FPP
              > version ...
              > > I've prepared a KRP one :-)
              > >
              > > here it is :
              > > <http://ayrton.com/360/krp/donamarta3/donamarta3k.html>
              > >
              > > There's a link on the original page also :
              > > < http://ayrton.com/360/archives/502>
              > >
              > > It is still NOT a multiresolution version, since I'm waiting for
              > some help
              > > from Klaus with that :-)
              > > I can't figure out how to use Kmaketiles on a cylinder image :-(
              > > Sorry
              > >
              > > Best
              > > AYRTON
              > >

              > > ------------
              > > | A Y R |
              > > | T O N |
              > > ------------
              > >
              > > + 55 21 9982 6313
              > >
              > > http://ayrton360.com
              > > http://rio.360cities.net
              > > http://vrfolio.com
              > > http://ayrton.com

              ------------
              | A Y R |
              | T O N |
              ------------

              + 55 21 9982 6313

              http://ayrton360.com
              http://rio.360cities.net
              http://vrfolio.com
              http://ayrton.com

            • AYRTON
              Message 6 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 7:32 AM, Bjørn K Nilssen <bk@...> wrote:

                > This second one loads much faster here, and it also pans a lot smoother.
                > Opera uses 500MB
                > more RAM to show the first one. Something strange going on?

                I don't know, but a lot of users with IE are having crashing problems with
                the KRP version :-(

                > BTW, the zoom range is much better on the second one too (almost too much).

                I didn't figure out how to limit the zoom :-)

                > In he first one you never could zoom close enough I like to zoom in a lot,
                > even past where it starts
                > to soften.

                :-)

                > BTW, that tree with bird sounds (never found the bird ;) loaded very slowly
                > too, so I
                > thought it was just a slow connection..

                maybe lots of visitators at the same time ...
                only yesterday I had more than 700 visitors with 9.600 pageviews ...

                best
                AYRTON

                > --
                > Bjørn K Nilssen - http://bknilssen.no - panoramas and 3D

                ------------
                | A Y R |
                | T O N |
                ------------

                + 55 21 9982 6313

                http://ayrton360.com
                http://rio.360cities.net
                http://vrfolio.com
                http://ayrton.com

              • AYRTON
                Message 7 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                  On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 8:06 AM, Flemming V. Larsen
                  <fvl@...>wrote:

                  > The FPP version took ages to load - once loaded it's just fine.

                  thanks Flemming

                  > The Krpano version loaded instantly - but is a bit slower on rotation.

                  they both are running from the same image ... a 7930 X 1767 JPG

                  Maybe the faster download with KRpano could be because it got the pano from
                  > the browser cache?

                  I don't think so, since it's the same image, but I placed it twice on my
                  server in a different folder (directory) just to avoid problems ...

                  > WinXP Pro / AMD 1.856 MHz / 3 MB RAM / ATI Radion 9200 128 MB gfx-card 7 /
                  > Internet Explorer / 10 MBit connection

                  I have a 2 mb connection and they all work perfect

                  > Happy New Year

                  same to you and family
                  2009 in peace and NO crisis

                  best
                  AYRTON

                  > - Flemming

                  ------------
                  | A Y R |
                  | T O N |
                  ------------

                  + 55 21 9982 6313

                  http://ayrton360.com
                  http://rio.360cities.net
                  http://vrfolio.com
                  http://ayrton.com

                • Ken Warner
                  Message 8 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                    All this discussion about 7930 x 1767 JPEG image?

                    That's not a very big image. Send me a link to the
                    cylindrical image. I'll stick it in my Java viewer
                    and you can compare. Or not...

                    AYRTON wrote:
                    > On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 8:06 AM, Flemming V. Larsen
                    > <fvl@...>wrote:
                    >

                    >>The FPP version took ages to load - once loaded it's just fine.
                    >

                    > thanks Flemming
                    >

                    >>The Krpano version loaded instantly - but is a bit slower on rotation.
                    >

                    > they both are running from the same image ... a 7930 X 1767 JPG
                    >

                    > Maybe the faster download with KRpano could be because it got the pano from
                    >
                    >>the browser cache?
                    >

                    > I don't think so, since it's the same image, but I placed it twice on my
                    > server in a different folder (directory) just to avoid problems ...
                    >

                    >>WinXP Pro / AMD 1.856 MHz / 3 MB RAM / ATI Radion 9200 128 MB gfx-card 7 /
                    >>Internet Explorer / 10 MBit connection
                    >

                    > I have a 2 mb connection and they all work perfect
                    >

                    >>Happy New Year
                    >

                    > same to you and family
                    > 2009 in peace and NO crisis
                    >
                    > best
                    > AYRTON
                    >

                    >>- Flemming
                    >>

                    >>------------------------------------
                    >>
                    >>--

                  • Ken Warner
                    Message 9 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                      By the way, I tried to load it into IE6 on a Windows 2000 machine
                      and it crashed IE6.

                      AYRTON wrote:
                      > On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 8:06 AM, Flemming V. Larsen
                      > <fvl@...>wrote:
                      >

                      >>The FPP version took ages to load - once loaded it's just fine.
                      >

                      > thanks Flemming
                      >

                      >>The Krpano version loaded instantly - but is a bit slower on rotation.
                      >

                      > they both are running from the same image ... a 7930 X 1767 JPG
                      >

                      > Maybe the faster download with KRpano could be because it got the pano from
                      >
                      >>the browser cache?
                      >

                      > I don't think so, since it's the same image, but I placed it twice on my
                      > server in a different folder (directory) just to avoid problems ...
                      >

                      >>WinXP Pro / AMD 1.856 MHz / 3 MB RAM / ATI Radion 9200 128 MB gfx-card 7 /
                      >>Internet Explorer / 10 MBit connection
                      >

                      > I have a 2 mb connection and they all work perfect
                      >

                      >>Happy New Year
                      >

                      > same to you and family
                      > 2009 in peace and NO crisis
                      >
                      > best
                      > AYRTON
                      >

                      >>- Flemming
                      >>

                      >>------------------------------------
                      >>
                      >>--

                    • AYRTON
                      Message 10 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                        On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 1:50 PM, Ken Warner <kwarner000@...> wrote:

                        > All this discussion about 7930 x 1767 JPEG image?

                        :-)

                        > That's not a very big image.

                        we know :-)
                        it's a reduced version of the original 18.622 image

                        Thanks
                        Happy 2009

                        best
                        AYRTON

                        > Send me a link to the
                        > cylindrical image. I'll stick it in my Java viewer
                        > and you can compare. Or not...
                        >
                        > AYRTON wrote:
                        > > On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 8:06 AM, Flemming V. Larsen
                        > > <fvl@...>wrote:
                        > >

                        > >>The FPP version took ages to load - once loaded it's just fine.
                        > >

                        > > thanks Flemming
                        > >

                        > >>The Krpano version loaded instantly - but is a bit slower on rotation.
                        > >

                        > > they both are running from the same image ... a 7930 X 1767 JPG
                        > >

                        > > Maybe the faster download with KRpano could be because it got the pano
                        > from
                        > >
                        > >>the browser cache?
                        > >

                        > > I don't think so, since it's the same image, but I placed it twice on my
                        > > server in a different folder (directory) just to avoid problems ...
                        > >

                        > >>WinXP Pro / AMD 1.856 MHz / 3 MB RAM / ATI Radion 9200 128 MB gfx-card 7
                        > /
                        > >>Internet Explorer / 10 MBit connection
                        > >

                        > > I have a 2 mb connection and they all work perfect
                        > >

                        > >>Happy New Year
                        > >

                        > > same to you and family
                        > > 2009 in peace and NO crisis
                        > >
                        > > best
                        > > AYRTON
                        > >

                        > >>- Flemming
                        > >>

                        > >>------------------------------------
                        > >>
                        > >>--

                        ------------
                        | A Y R |
                        | T O N |
                        ------------

                        + 55 21 9982 6313

                        http://ayrton360.com
                        http://rio.360cities.net
                        http://vrfolio.com
                        http://ayrton.com

                      • Ken Warner
                        Message 11 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                          Oh, never mind. Java would die a horrible death....

                          AYRTON wrote:
                          > On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 1:50 PM, Ken Warner <kwarner000@...> wrote:
                          >

                          >>All this discussion about 7930 x 1767 JPEG image?
                          >

                          > :-)
                          >

                          >>That's not a very big image.
                          >

                          > we know :-)
                          > it's a reduced version of the original 18.622 image
                          >
                          > Thanks
                          > Happy 2009
                          >
                          > best
                          > AYRTON
                          >

                          >>Send me a link to the
                          >>cylindrical image. I'll stick it in my Java viewer
                          >>and you can compare. Or not...
                          >>
                          >>AYRTON wrote:

                          >>>thanks Flemming

                          >>>they both are running from the same image ... a 7930 X 1767 JPG
                          >>>

                          >>>Maybe the faster download with KRpano could be because it got the pano
                          >>
                          >>from

                          >>>I don't think so, since it's the same image, but I placed it twice on my
                          >>>server in a different folder (directory) just to avoid problems ...

                          >>/

                          >>>I have a 2 mb connection and they all work perfect

                          >>>same to you and family
                          >>>2009 in peace and NO crisis
                          >>>
                          >>>best
                          >>>AYRTON

                          >>------------------------------------
                          >>
                          >>--

                        • Bernd
                          Message 12 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                            Hi Ayrton, nice work !!!
                            I have also problems to view the FPP version ... Browser Firefox
                            freezes after ca 5sec.
                            With KRPano everything is okay and the speed is also good here.

                            Best wishes
                            Bernd
                          • AYRTON
                            Message 13 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                              On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 2:54 PM, Bernd <schuhdohrmann@...> wrote:

                              > Hi Ayrton, nice work !!!

                              thanks

                              > I have also problems to view the FPP version ... Browser Firefox
                              > freezes after ca 5sec.
                              > With KRPano everything is okay and the speed is also good here.

                              good to hear :-)

                              best 2009

                              AYRTON

                              > Best wishes