Re: [PanoToolsNG] Rio Cylinder with KRP

  • AYRTON
    Message 1 of 23 , Dec 29, 2008
      Thanks AiwetirI'll try that tomorrow
      I'll let you know if it works

      Bye
      AYRTON

      On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 2:18 AM, aiwetir <aiwetir@...> wrote:

      > the black top and bottom faces could be very highly compressed in fpp
      > though
      >
      > in krpano
      > <view> (optional)
      > viewing settings - looking direction - field of view - etc.
      >
      > attributes:
      > hlookat
      > horizontal look position in spherical coordinates (0 .. 360°),
      > default="0"
      > vlookat
      > vertical look position in spherical coordinates (-90 .. +90°),
      > default="0"
      >
      > so
      > <view vlookat='some amount here' />
      >
      > but it's unclear how you would put a different value if you wanted to
      > pan up more than down. i don't use krpano yet, but i'm sure someone
      > who actually uses it would know the exact xml.
      >

      > mmm
      >

      > On 29 Dec 2008, at 20:00, AYRTON wrote:
      >
      > > On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 1:50 AM, aiwetir <aiwetir@yahoo. com> wrote:
      > >
      > > > well i meant with krp (multires, tiled) actually,
      > >
      > > I've tried the multiresolution for a sphere coming out from an
      > > equiretangular, but I was not being smart enough to limit the tilt :-(
      > > I know how to do it with FPP, but with KRP ... not yet ...
      > >
      > > > fpp would create
      > > > unnecessary downloading of blank faces.
      > >
      > > yes, you're right
      > >
      > > Thanks
      > > AYRTON
      > >

      > > > mmm

      > > for
      > > image :-(

      > > > --
      > > >

      > > --
      > > ------------
      > > | A Y R |
      > > | T O N |
      > > ------------
      > >
      > > + 55 21 9982 6313
      > >
      > > http://ayrton360. com
      > > http://rio.360citie s.net
      > > http://vrfolio. com
      > > http://ayrton. com

      ------------
      | A Y R |
      | T O N |
      ------------

      + 55 21 9982 6313

      http://ayrton360.com
      http://rio.360cities.net
      http://vrfolio.com
      http://ayrton.com

    • aiwetir
      Message 2 of 23 , Dec 29, 2008
        i got that wrong, it's this

        # vlookatmin
        vertical minimum look position in spherical coordinates (-90° ..
        +90°), default="-90"
        # vlookatmax
        vertical maximum look position in spherical coordinates (-90° ..
        +90°), default="+90"

        so it would be this if i'm not mistaken

        <view vlookatmin='-55' vlookatmax='+65' />

      • Juergen Schrader
        Message 3 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
          Brillant Ayrton. That's the right place for a Gigapixel :)

          GO! ;)
          Juergen

          > Okay guyssince some of you are having problems with my FPP
          version ...
          > I've prepared a KRP one :-)
          >
          > here it is :
          > <http://ayrton.com/360/krp/donamarta3/donamarta3k.html>
          >
          > There's a link on the original page also :
          > < http://ayrton.com/360/archives/502>
          >
          > It is still NOT a multiresolution version, since I'm waiting for
          some help
          > from Klaus with that :-)
          > I can't figure out how to use Kmaketiles on a cylinder image :-(
          > Sorry
          >
          > Best
          > AYRTON
          >

          > ------------
          > | A Y R |
          > | T O N |
          > ------------
          >
          > + 55 21 9982 6313
          >
          > http://ayrton360.com
          > http://rio.360cities.net
          > http://vrfolio.com
          > http://ayrton.com

        • Bjørn K Nilssen
          Message 4 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
            On 30 Dec 2008 at 1:29, AYRTON wrote:

            > Okay guyssince some of you are having problems with my FPP version ...
            > I've prepared a KRP one :-)
            >
            > here it is :
            > <http://ayrton.com/360/krp/donamarta3/donamarta3k.html>
            >
            > There's a link on the original page also :
            > < http://ayrton.com/360/archives/502>

            This second one loads much faster here, and it also pans a lot smoother. Opera uses 500MB
            more RAM to show the first one. Something strange going on?
            BTW, the zoom range is much better on the second one too (almost too much). In he first
            one you never could zoom close enough I like to zoom in a lot, even past where it starts
            to soften.

            BTW, that tree with bird sounds (never found the bird ;) loaded very slowly too, so I
            thought it was just a slow connection..

          • Flemming V. Larsen
            Message 5 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
              The FPP version took ages to load - once loaded it's just fine.

              The Krpano version loaded instantly - but is a bit slower on rotation.

              Maybe the faster download with KRpano could be because it got the pano from
              the browser cache?

              WinXP Pro / AMD 1.856 MHz / 3 MB RAM / ATI Radion 9200 128 MB gfx-card 7 /
              Internet Explorer / 10 MBit connection

              Happy New Year
              - Flemming
            • AYRTON
              Message 6 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                hey Aiwetir THANKS againI'm gonna try that

                best
                AYRTON

                ------------
                | A Y R |
                | T O N |
                ------------

                + 55 21 9982 6313

                http://ayrton360.com
                http://rio.360cities.net
                http://vrfolio.com
                http://ayrton.com

              • AYRTON
                Message 7 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                  On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 7:15 AM, Juergen Schrader
                  <panorama@...>wrote:

                  > Brillant Ayrton. That's the right place for a Gigapixel :)

                  yeah .... I tough the same
                  I'll go back with some other lenses :-)

                  Happy 2009

                  best
                  AYRTON

                  > GO! ;)
                  > Juergen
                  >
                  > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Okay guyssince some of you are having problems with my FPP
                  > version ...
                  > > I've prepared a KRP one :-)
                  > >
                  > > here it is :
                  > > <http://ayrton.com/360/krp/donamarta3/donamarta3k.html>
                  > >
                  > > There's a link on the original page also :
                  > > < http://ayrton.com/360/archives/502>
                  > >
                  > > It is still NOT a multiresolution version, since I'm waiting for
                  > some help
                  > > from Klaus with that :-)
                  > > I can't figure out how to use Kmaketiles on a cylinder image :-(
                  > > Sorry
                  > >
                  > > Best
                  > > AYRTON
                  > >

                  > > ------------
                  > > | A Y R |
                  > > | T O N |
                  > > ------------
                  > >
                  > > + 55 21 9982 6313
                  > >
                  > > http://ayrton360.com
                  > > http://rio.360cities.net
                  > > http://vrfolio.com
                  > > http://ayrton.com

                  ------------
                  | A Y R |
                  | T O N |
                  ------------

                  + 55 21 9982 6313

                  http://ayrton360.com
                  http://rio.360cities.net
                  http://vrfolio.com
                  http://ayrton.com

                • AYRTON
                  Message 8 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                    On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 7:32 AM, Bjørn K Nilssen <bk@...> wrote:

                    > This second one loads much faster here, and it also pans a lot smoother.
                    > Opera uses 500MB
                    > more RAM to show the first one. Something strange going on?

                    I don't know, but a lot of users with IE are having crashing problems with
                    the KRP version :-(

                    > BTW, the zoom range is much better on the second one too (almost too much).

                    I didn't figure out how to limit the zoom :-)

                    > In he first one you never could zoom close enough I like to zoom in a lot,
                    > even past where it starts
                    > to soften.

                    :-)

                    > BTW, that tree with bird sounds (never found the bird ;) loaded very slowly
                    > too, so I
                    > thought it was just a slow connection..

                    maybe lots of visitators at the same time ...
                    only yesterday I had more than 700 visitors with 9.600 pageviews ...

                    best
                    AYRTON

                    > --
                    > Bjørn K Nilssen - http://bknilssen.no - panoramas and 3D

                    ------------
                    | A Y R |
                    | T O N |
                    ------------

                    + 55 21 9982 6313

                    http://ayrton360.com
                    http://rio.360cities.net
                    http://vrfolio.com
                    http://ayrton.com

                  • AYRTON
                    Message 9 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                      On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 8:06 AM, Flemming V. Larsen
                      <fvl@...>wrote:

                      > The FPP version took ages to load - once loaded it's just fine.

                      thanks Flemming

                      > The Krpano version loaded instantly - but is a bit slower on rotation.

                      they both are running from the same image ... a 7930 X 1767 JPG

                      Maybe the faster download with KRpano could be because it got the pano from
                      > the browser cache?

                      I don't think so, since it's the same image, but I placed it twice on my
                      server in a different folder (directory) just to avoid problems ...

                      > WinXP Pro / AMD 1.856 MHz / 3 MB RAM / ATI Radion 9200 128 MB gfx-card 7 /
                      > Internet Explorer / 10 MBit connection

                      I have a 2 mb connection and they all work perfect

                      > Happy New Year

                      same to you and family
                      2009 in peace and NO crisis

                      best
                      AYRTON

                      > - Flemming

                      ------------
                      | A Y R |
                      | T O N |
                      ------------

                      + 55 21 9982 6313

                      http://ayrton360.com
                      http://rio.360cities.net
                      http://vrfolio.com
                      http://ayrton.com

                    • Ken Warner
                      Message 10 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                        All this discussion about 7930 x 1767 JPEG image?

                        That's not a very big image. Send me a link to the
                        cylindrical image. I'll stick it in my Java viewer
                        and you can compare. Or not...

                        AYRTON wrote:
                        > On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 8:06 AM, Flemming V. Larsen
                        > <fvl@...>wrote:
                        >

                        >>The FPP version took ages to load - once loaded it's just fine.
                        >

                        > thanks Flemming
                        >

                        >>The Krpano version loaded instantly - but is a bit slower on rotation.
                        >

                        > they both are running from the same image ... a 7930 X 1767 JPG
                        >

                        > Maybe the faster download with KRpano could be because it got the pano from
                        >
                        >>the browser cache?
                        >

                        > I don't think so, since it's the same image, but I placed it twice on my
                        > server in a different folder (directory) just to avoid problems ...
                        >

                        >>WinXP Pro / AMD 1.856 MHz / 3 MB RAM / ATI Radion 9200 128 MB gfx-card 7 /
                        >>Internet Explorer / 10 MBit connection
                        >

                        > I have a 2 mb connection and they all work perfect
                        >

                        >>Happy New Year
                        >

                        > same to you and family
                        > 2009 in peace and NO crisis
                        >
                        > best
                        > AYRTON
                        >

                        >>- Flemming
                        >>

                        >>------------------------------------
                        >>
                        >>--

                      • Ken Warner
                        Message 11 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                          By the way, I tried to load it into IE6 on a Windows 2000 machine
                          and it crashed IE6.

                          AYRTON wrote:
                          > On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 8:06 AM, Flemming V. Larsen
                          > <fvl@...>wrote:
                          >

                          >>The FPP version took ages to load - once loaded it's just fine.
                          >

                          > thanks Flemming
                          >

                          >>The Krpano version loaded instantly - but is a bit slower on rotation.
                          >

                          > they both are running from the same image ... a 7930 X 1767 JPG
                          >

                          > Maybe the faster download with KRpano could be because it got the pano from
                          >
                          >>the browser cache?
                          >

                          > I don't think so, since it's the same image, but I placed it twice on my
                          > server in a different folder (directory) just to avoid problems ...
                          >

                          >>WinXP Pro / AMD 1.856 MHz / 3 MB RAM / ATI Radion 9200 128 MB gfx-card 7 /
                          >>Internet Explorer / 10 MBit connection
                          >

                          > I have a 2 mb connection and they all work perfect
                          >

                          >>Happy New Year
                          >

                          > same to you and family
                          > 2009 in peace and NO crisis
                          >
                          > best
                          > AYRTON
                          >

                          >>- Flemming
                          >>

                          >>------------------------------------
                          >>
                          >>--

                        • AYRTON
                          Message 12 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                            On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 1:50 PM, Ken Warner <kwarner000@...> wrote:

                            > All this discussion about 7930 x 1767 JPEG image?

                            :-)

                            > That's not a very big image.

                            we know :-)
                            it's a reduced version of the original 18.622 image

                            Thanks
                            Happy 2009

                            best
                            AYRTON

                            > Send me a link to the
                            > cylindrical image. I'll stick it in my Java viewer
                            > and you can compare. Or not...
                            >
                            > AYRTON wrote:
                            > > On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 8:06 AM, Flemming V. Larsen
                            > > <fvl@...>wrote:
                            > >

                            > >>The FPP version took ages to load - once loaded it's just fine.
                            > >

                            > > thanks Flemming
                            > >

                            > >>The Krpano version loaded instantly - but is a bit slower on rotation.
                            > >

                            > > they both are running from the same image ... a 7930 X 1767 JPG
                            > >

                            > > Maybe the faster download with KRpano could be because it got the pano
                            > from
                            > >
                            > >>the browser cache?
                            > >

                            > > I don't think so, since it's the same image, but I placed it twice on my
                            > > server in a different folder (directory) just to avoid problems ...
                            > >

                            > >>WinXP Pro / AMD 1.856 MHz / 3 MB RAM / ATI Radion 9200 128 MB gfx-card 7
                            > /
                            > >>Internet Explorer / 10 MBit connection
                            > >

                            > > I have a 2 mb connection and they all work perfect
                            > >

                            > >>Happy New Year
                            > >

                            > > same to you and family
                            > > 2009 in peace and NO crisis
                            > >
                            > > best
                            > > AYRTON
                            > >

                            > >>- Flemming
                            > >>

                            > >>------------------------------------
                            > >>
                            > >>--

                            ------------
                            | A Y R |
                            | T O N |
                            ------------

                            + 55 21 9982 6313

                            http://ayrton360.com
                            http://rio.360cities.net
                            http://vrfolio.com
                            http://ayrton.com

                          • Ken Warner
                            Message 13 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                              Oh, never mind. Java would die a horrible death....

                              AYRTON wrote:
                              > On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 1:50 PM, Ken Warner <kwarner000@...> wrote:
                              >

                              >>All this discussion about 7930 x 1767 JPEG image?
                              >

                              > :-)
                              >

                              >>That's not a very big image.
                              >

                              > we know :-)
                              > it's a reduced version of the original 18.622 image
                              >
                              > Thanks
                              > Happy 2009
                              >
                              > best
                              > AYRTON
                              >

                              >>Send me a link to the
                              >>cylindrical image. I'll stick it in my Java viewer
                              >>and you can compare. Or not...
                              >>
                              >>AYRTON wrote:

                              >>>thanks Flemming

                              >>>they both are running from the same image ... a 7930 X 1767 JPG
                              >>>

                              >>>Maybe the faster download with KRpano could be because it got the pano
                              >>
                              >>from

                              >>>I don't think so, since it's the same image, but I placed it twice on my
                              >>>server in a different folder (directory) just to avoid problems ...

                              >>/

                              >>>I have a 2 mb connection and they all work perfect

                              >>>same to you and family
                              >>>2009 in peace and NO crisis
                              >>>
                              >>>best
                              >>>AYRTON

                              >>------------------------------------
                              >>
                              >>--

                            • Bernd
                              Message 14 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                                Hi Ayrton, nice work !!!
                                I have also problems to view the FPP version ... Browser Firefox
                                freezes after ca 5sec.
                                With KRPano everything is okay and the speed is also good here.

                                Best wishes
                                Bernd
                              • AYRTON
                                Message 15 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                                  On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 2:54 PM, Bernd <schuhdohrmann@...> wrote:

                                  > Hi Ayrton, nice work !!!

                                  thanks

                                  > I have also problems to view the FPP version ... Browser Firefox
                                  > freezes after ca 5sec.
                                  > With KRPano everything is okay and the speed is also good here.

                                  good to hear :-)

                                  best 2009

                                  AYRTON

                                  > Best wishes