Re: [PanoToolsNG] Rio Cylinder with KRP

  • aiwetir
    Message 1 of 23 , Dec 29, 2008
      the black top and bottom faces could be very highly compressed in fpp
      though

      in krpano
      <view> (optional)
      viewing settings - looking direction - field of view - etc.

      attributes:
      hlookat
      horizontal look position in spherical coordinates (0 .. 360°),
      default="0"
      vlookat
      vertical look position in spherical coordinates (-90 .. +90°),
      default="0"

      so
      <view vlookat='some amount here' />

      but it's unclear how you would put a different value if you wanted to
      pan up more than down. i don't use krpano yet, but i'm sure someone
      who actually uses it would know the exact xml.

      mmm

    • AYRTON
      Message 2 of 23 , Dec 29, 2008
        Thanks AiwetirI'll try that tomorrow
        I'll let you know if it works

        Bye
        AYRTON

        On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 2:18 AM, aiwetir <aiwetir@...> wrote:

        > the black top and bottom faces could be very highly compressed in fpp
        > though
        >
        > in krpano
        > <view> (optional)
        > viewing settings - looking direction - field of view - etc.
        >
        > attributes:
        > hlookat
        > horizontal look position in spherical coordinates (0 .. 360°),
        > default="0"
        > vlookat
        > vertical look position in spherical coordinates (-90 .. +90°),
        > default="0"
        >
        > so
        > <view vlookat='some amount here' />
        >
        > but it's unclear how you would put a different value if you wanted to
        > pan up more than down. i don't use krpano yet, but i'm sure someone
        > who actually uses it would know the exact xml.
        >

        > mmm
        >

        > On 29 Dec 2008, at 20:00, AYRTON wrote:
        >
        > > On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 1:50 AM, aiwetir <aiwetir@yahoo. com> wrote:
        > >
        > > > well i meant with krp (multires, tiled) actually,
        > >
        > > I've tried the multiresolution for a sphere coming out from an
        > > equiretangular, but I was not being smart enough to limit the tilt :-(
        > > I know how to do it with FPP, but with KRP ... not yet ...
        > >
        > > > fpp would create
        > > > unnecessary downloading of blank faces.
        > >
        > > yes, you're right
        > >
        > > Thanks
        > > AYRTON
        > >

        > > > mmm

        > > for
        > > image :-(

        > > > --
        > > >

        > > --
        > > ------------
        > > | A Y R |
        > > | T O N |
        > > ------------
        > >
        > > + 55 21 9982 6313
        > >
        > > http://ayrton360. com
        > > http://rio.360citie s.net
        > > http://vrfolio. com
        > > http://ayrton. com

        ------------
        | A Y R |
        | T O N |
        ------------

        + 55 21 9982 6313

        http://ayrton360.com
        http://rio.360cities.net
        http://vrfolio.com
        http://ayrton.com

      • aiwetir
        Message 3 of 23 , Dec 29, 2008
          i got that wrong, it's this

          # vlookatmin
          vertical minimum look position in spherical coordinates (-90° ..
          +90°), default="-90"
          # vlookatmax
          vertical maximum look position in spherical coordinates (-90° ..
          +90°), default="+90"

          so it would be this if i'm not mistaken

          <view vlookatmin='-55' vlookatmax='+65' />

        • Juergen Schrader
          Message 4 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
            Brillant Ayrton. That's the right place for a Gigapixel :)

            GO! ;)
            Juergen

            > Okay guyssince some of you are having problems with my FPP
            version ...
            > I've prepared a KRP one :-)
            >
            > here it is :
            > <http://ayrton.com/360/krp/donamarta3/donamarta3k.html>
            >
            > There's a link on the original page also :
            > < http://ayrton.com/360/archives/502>
            >
            > It is still NOT a multiresolution version, since I'm waiting for
            some help
            > from Klaus with that :-)
            > I can't figure out how to use Kmaketiles on a cylinder image :-(
            > Sorry
            >
            > Best
            > AYRTON
            >

            > ------------
            > | A Y R |
            > | T O N |
            > ------------
            >
            > + 55 21 9982 6313
            >
            > http://ayrton360.com
            > http://rio.360cities.net
            > http://vrfolio.com
            > http://ayrton.com

          • Bjørn K Nilssen
            Message 5 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
              On 30 Dec 2008 at 1:29, AYRTON wrote:

              > Okay guyssince some of you are having problems with my FPP version ...
              > I've prepared a KRP one :-)
              >
              > here it is :
              > <http://ayrton.com/360/krp/donamarta3/donamarta3k.html>
              >
              > There's a link on the original page also :
              > < http://ayrton.com/360/archives/502>

              This second one loads much faster here, and it also pans a lot smoother. Opera uses 500MB
              more RAM to show the first one. Something strange going on?
              BTW, the zoom range is much better on the second one too (almost too much). In he first
              one you never could zoom close enough I like to zoom in a lot, even past where it starts
              to soften.

              BTW, that tree with bird sounds (never found the bird ;) loaded very slowly too, so I
              thought it was just a slow connection..

            • Flemming V. Larsen
              Message 6 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                The FPP version took ages to load - once loaded it's just fine.

                The Krpano version loaded instantly - but is a bit slower on rotation.

                Maybe the faster download with KRpano could be because it got the pano from
                the browser cache?

                WinXP Pro / AMD 1.856 MHz / 3 MB RAM / ATI Radion 9200 128 MB gfx-card 7 /
                Internet Explorer / 10 MBit connection

                Happy New Year
                - Flemming
              • AYRTON
                Message 7 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                  hey Aiwetir THANKS againI'm gonna try that

                  best
                  AYRTON

                  ------------
                  | A Y R |
                  | T O N |
                  ------------

                  + 55 21 9982 6313

                  http://ayrton360.com
                  http://rio.360cities.net
                  http://vrfolio.com
                  http://ayrton.com

                • AYRTON
                  Message 8 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                    On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 7:15 AM, Juergen Schrader
                    <panorama@...>wrote:

                    > Brillant Ayrton. That's the right place for a Gigapixel :)

                    yeah .... I tough the same
                    I'll go back with some other lenses :-)

                    Happy 2009

                    best
                    AYRTON

                    > GO! ;)
                    > Juergen
                    >
                    > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Okay guyssince some of you are having problems with my FPP
                    > version ...
                    > > I've prepared a KRP one :-)
                    > >
                    > > here it is :
                    > > <http://ayrton.com/360/krp/donamarta3/donamarta3k.html>
                    > >
                    > > There's a link on the original page also :
                    > > < http://ayrton.com/360/archives/502>
                    > >
                    > > It is still NOT a multiresolution version, since I'm waiting for
                    > some help
                    > > from Klaus with that :-)
                    > > I can't figure out how to use Kmaketiles on a cylinder image :-(
                    > > Sorry
                    > >
                    > > Best
                    > > AYRTON
                    > >

                    > > ------------
                    > > | A Y R |
                    > > | T O N |
                    > > ------------
                    > >
                    > > + 55 21 9982 6313
                    > >
                    > > http://ayrton360.com
                    > > http://rio.360cities.net
                    > > http://vrfolio.com
                    > > http://ayrton.com

                    ------------
                    | A Y R |
                    | T O N |
                    ------------

                    + 55 21 9982 6313

                    http://ayrton360.com
                    http://rio.360cities.net
                    http://vrfolio.com
                    http://ayrton.com

                  • AYRTON
                    Message 9 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                      On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 7:32 AM, Bjørn K Nilssen <bk@...> wrote:

                      > This second one loads much faster here, and it also pans a lot smoother.
                      > Opera uses 500MB
                      > more RAM to show the first one. Something strange going on?

                      I don't know, but a lot of users with IE are having crashing problems with
                      the KRP version :-(

                      > BTW, the zoom range is much better on the second one too (almost too much).

                      I didn't figure out how to limit the zoom :-)

                      > In he first one you never could zoom close enough I like to zoom in a lot,
                      > even past where it starts
                      > to soften.

                      :-)

                      > BTW, that tree with bird sounds (never found the bird ;) loaded very slowly
                      > too, so I
                      > thought it was just a slow connection..

                      maybe lots of visitators at the same time ...
                      only yesterday I had more than 700 visitors with 9.600 pageviews ...

                      best
                      AYRTON

                      > --
                      > Bjørn K Nilssen - http://bknilssen.no - panoramas and 3D

                      ------------
                      | A Y R |
                      | T O N |
                      ------------

                      + 55 21 9982 6313

                      http://ayrton360.com
                      http://rio.360cities.net
                      http://vrfolio.com
                      http://ayrton.com

                    • AYRTON
                      Message 10 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                        On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 8:06 AM, Flemming V. Larsen
                        <fvl@...>wrote:

                        > The FPP version took ages to load - once loaded it's just fine.

                        thanks Flemming

                        > The Krpano version loaded instantly - but is a bit slower on rotation.

                        they both are running from the same image ... a 7930 X 1767 JPG

                        Maybe the faster download with KRpano could be because it got the pano from
                        > the browser cache?

                        I don't think so, since it's the same image, but I placed it twice on my
                        server in a different folder (directory) just to avoid problems ...

                        > WinXP Pro / AMD 1.856 MHz / 3 MB RAM / ATI Radion 9200 128 MB gfx-card 7 /
                        > Internet Explorer / 10 MBit connection

                        I have a 2 mb connection and they all work perfect

                        > Happy New Year

                        same to you and family
                        2009 in peace and NO crisis

                        best
                        AYRTON

                        > - Flemming

                        ------------
                        | A Y R |
                        | T O N |
                        ------------

                        + 55 21 9982 6313

                        http://ayrton360.com
                        http://rio.360cities.net
                        http://vrfolio.com
                        http://ayrton.com

                      • Ken Warner
                        Message 11 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                          All this discussion about 7930 x 1767 JPEG image?

                          That's not a very big image. Send me a link to the
                          cylindrical image. I'll stick it in my Java viewer
                          and you can compare. Or not...

                          AYRTON wrote:
                          > On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 8:06 AM, Flemming V. Larsen
                          > <fvl@...>wrote:
                          >

                          >>The FPP version took ages to load - once loaded it's just fine.
                          >

                          > thanks Flemming
                          >

                          >>The Krpano version loaded instantly - but is a bit slower on rotation.
                          >

                          > they both are running from the same image ... a 7930 X 1767 JPG
                          >

                          > Maybe the faster download with KRpano could be because it got the pano from
                          >
                          >>the browser cache?
                          >

                          > I don't think so, since it's the same image, but I placed it twice on my
                          > server in a different folder (directory) just to avoid problems ...
                          >

                          >>WinXP Pro / AMD 1.856 MHz / 3 MB RAM / ATI Radion 9200 128 MB gfx-card 7 /
                          >>Internet Explorer / 10 MBit connection
                          >

                          > I have a 2 mb connection and they all work perfect
                          >

                          >>Happy New Year
                          >

                          > same to you and family
                          > 2009 in peace and NO crisis
                          >
                          > best
                          > AYRTON
                          >

                          >>- Flemming
                          >>

                          >>------------------------------------
                          >>
                          >>--

                        • Ken Warner
                          Message 12 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                            By the way, I tried to load it into IE6 on a Windows 2000 machine
                            and it crashed IE6.

                            AYRTON wrote:
                            > On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 8:06 AM, Flemming V. Larsen
                            > <fvl@...>wrote:
                            >

                            >>The FPP version took ages to load - once loaded it's just fine.
                            >

                            > thanks Flemming
                            >

                            >>The Krpano version loaded instantly - but is a bit slower on rotation.
                            >

                            > they both are running from the same image ... a 7930 X 1767 JPG
                            >

                            > Maybe the faster download with KRpano could be because it got the pano from
                            >
                            >>the browser cache?
                            >

                            > I don't think so, since it's the same image, but I placed it twice on my
                            > server in a different folder (directory) just to avoid problems ...
                            >

                            >>WinXP Pro / AMD 1.856 MHz / 3 MB RAM / ATI Radion 9200 128 MB gfx-card 7 /
                            >>Internet Explorer / 10 MBit connection
                            >

                            > I have a 2 mb connection and they all work perfect
                            >

                            >>Happy New Year
                            >

                            > same to you and family
                            > 2009 in peace and NO crisis
                            >
                            > best
                            > AYRTON
                            >

                            >>- Flemming
                            >>

                            >>------------------------------------
                            >>
                            >>--

                          • AYRTON
                            Message 13 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                              On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 1:50 PM, Ken Warner <kwarner000@...> wrote:

                              > All this discussion about 7930 x 1767 JPEG image?

                              :-)

                              > That's not a very big image.

                              we know :-)
                              it's a reduced version of the original 18.622 image

                              Thanks
                              Happy 2009

                              best
                              AYRTON

                              > Send me a link to the
                              > cylindrical image. I'll stick it in my Java viewer
                              > and you can compare. Or not...
                              >
                              > AYRTON wrote:
                              > > On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 8:06 AM, Flemming V. Larsen
                              > > <fvl@...>wrote:
                              > >

                              > >>The FPP version took ages to load - once loaded it's just fine.
                              > >

                              > > thanks Flemming
                              > >

                              > >>The Krpano version loaded instantly - but is a bit slower on rotation.
                              > >

                              > > they both are running from the same image ... a 7930 X 1767 JPG
                              > >

                              > > Maybe the faster download with KRpano could be because it got the pano
                              > from
                              > >
                              > >>the browser cache?
                              > >

                              > > I don't think so, since it's the same image, but I placed it twice on my
                              > > server in a different folder (directory) just to avoid problems ...
                              > >

                              > >>WinXP Pro / AMD 1.856 MHz / 3 MB RAM / ATI Radion 9200 128 MB gfx-card 7
                              > /
                              > >>Internet Explorer / 10 MBit connection
                              > >

                              > > I have a 2 mb connection and they all work perfect
                              > >

                              > >>Happy New Year
                              > >

                              > > same to you and family
                              > > 2009 in peace and NO crisis
                              > >
                              > > best
                              > > AYRTON
                              > >

                              > >>- Flemming
                              > >>

                              > >>------------------------------------
                              > >>
                              > >>--

                              ------------
                              | A Y R |
                              | T O N |
                              ------------

                              + 55 21 9982 6313

                              http://ayrton360.com
                              http://rio.360cities.net
                              http://vrfolio.com
                              http://ayrton.com

                            • Ken Warner
                              Message 14 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                                Oh, never mind. Java would die a horrible death....

                                AYRTON wrote:
                                > On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 1:50 PM, Ken Warner <kwarner000@...> wrote:
                                >

                                >>All this discussion about 7930 x 1767 JPEG image?
                                >

                                > :-)
                                >

                                >>That's not a very big image.
                                >

                                > we know :-)
                                > it's a reduced version of the original 18.622 image
                                >
                                > Thanks
                                > Happy 2009
                                >
                                > best
                                > AYRTON
                                >

                                >>Send me a link to the
                                >>cylindrical image. I'll stick it in my Java viewer
                                >>and you can compare. Or not...
                                >>
                                >>AYRTON wrote:

                                >>>thanks Flemming

                                >>>they both are running from the same image ... a 7930 X 1767 JPG
                                >>>

                                >>>Maybe the faster download with KRpano could be because it got the pano
                                >>
                                >>from

                                >>>I don't think so, since it's the same image, but I placed it twice on my
                                >>>server in a different folder (directory) just to avoid problems ...

                                >>/

                                >>>I have a 2 mb connection and they all work perfect

                                >>>same to you and family
                                >>>2009 in peace and NO crisis
                                >>>
                                >>>best
                                >>>AYRTON

                                >>------------------------------------
                                >>
                                >>--

                              • Bernd
                                Message 15 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                                  Hi Ayrton, nice work !!!
                                  I have also problems to view the FPP version ... Browser Firefox
                                  freezes after ca 5sec.
                                  With KRPano everything is okay and the speed is also good here.

                                  Best wishes
                                  Bernd
                                • AYRTON
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                                    On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 2:54 PM, Bernd <schuhdohrmann@...> wrote:

                                    > Hi Ayrton, nice work !!!

                                    thanks

                                    > I have also problems to view the FPP version ... Browser Firefox
                                    > freezes after ca 5sec.
                                    > With KRPano everything is okay and the speed is also good here.

                                    good to hear :-)

                                    best 2009

                                    AYRTON

                                    > Best wishes