Re: [PanoToolsNG] Rio Cylinder with KRP

  • AYRTON
    Message 1 of 23 , Dec 29, 2008
      On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 1:50 AM, aiwetir <aiwetir@...> wrote:

      > well i meant with krp (multires, tiled) actually,

      I've tried the multiresolution for a sphere coming out from an
      equiretangular, but I was not being smart enough to limit the tilt :-(
      I know how to do it with FPP, but with KRP ... not yet ...

      > fpp would create
      > unnecessary downloading of blank faces.

      yes, you're right

      Thanks
      AYRTON

      > mmm
      >

      > On 29 Dec 2008, at 19:47, AYRTON wrote:
      >
      > > On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 1:45 AM, aiwetir <aiwetir@yahoo. com> wrote:
      > >
      > > > hey why don't you make a spherical out of it and limit the tilt?
      > >
      > > you mean with FPP or with KRP ???

      > > > ;-)
      > > >
      > > > mmm
      > > > http://pdxvr. com
      > > > http://medina- photo.com

      > > version ...

      > > > --
      > > >

      > > --
      > > ------------
      > > | A Y R |
      > > | T O N |
      > > ------------
      > >
      > > + 55 21 9982 6313
      > >
      > > http://ayrton360. com
      > > http://rio.360citie s.net
      > > http://vrfolio. com
      > > http://ayrton. com

      ------------
      | A Y R |
      | T O N |
      ------------

      + 55 21 9982 6313

      http://ayrton360.com
      http://rio.360cities.net
      http://vrfolio.com
      http://ayrton.com

    • aiwetir
      Message 2 of 23 , Dec 29, 2008
        the black top and bottom faces could be very highly compressed in fpp
        though

        in krpano
        <view> (optional)
        viewing settings - looking direction - field of view - etc.

        attributes:
        hlookat
        horizontal look position in spherical coordinates (0 .. 360°),
        default="0"
        vlookat
        vertical look position in spherical coordinates (-90 .. +90°),
        default="0"

        so
        <view vlookat='some amount here' />

        but it's unclear how you would put a different value if you wanted to
        pan up more than down. i don't use krpano yet, but i'm sure someone
        who actually uses it would know the exact xml.

        mmm

      • AYRTON
        Message 3 of 23 , Dec 29, 2008
          Thanks AiwetirI'll try that tomorrow
          I'll let you know if it works

          Bye
          AYRTON

          On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 2:18 AM, aiwetir <aiwetir@...> wrote:

          > the black top and bottom faces could be very highly compressed in fpp
          > though
          >
          > in krpano
          > <view> (optional)
          > viewing settings - looking direction - field of view - etc.
          >
          > attributes:
          > hlookat
          > horizontal look position in spherical coordinates (0 .. 360°),
          > default="0"
          > vlookat
          > vertical look position in spherical coordinates (-90 .. +90°),
          > default="0"
          >
          > so
          > <view vlookat='some amount here' />
          >
          > but it's unclear how you would put a different value if you wanted to
          > pan up more than down. i don't use krpano yet, but i'm sure someone
          > who actually uses it would know the exact xml.
          >

          > mmm
          >

          > On 29 Dec 2008, at 20:00, AYRTON wrote:
          >
          > > On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 1:50 AM, aiwetir <aiwetir@yahoo. com> wrote:
          > >
          > > > well i meant with krp (multires, tiled) actually,
          > >
          > > I've tried the multiresolution for a sphere coming out from an
          > > equiretangular, but I was not being smart enough to limit the tilt :-(
          > > I know how to do it with FPP, but with KRP ... not yet ...
          > >
          > > > fpp would create
          > > > unnecessary downloading of blank faces.
          > >
          > > yes, you're right
          > >
          > > Thanks
          > > AYRTON
          > >

          > > > mmm

          > > for
          > > image :-(

          > > > --
          > > >

          > > --
          > > ------------
          > > | A Y R |
          > > | T O N |
          > > ------------
          > >
          > > + 55 21 9982 6313
          > >
          > > http://ayrton360. com
          > > http://rio.360citie s.net
          > > http://vrfolio. com
          > > http://ayrton. com

          ------------
          | A Y R |
          | T O N |
          ------------

          + 55 21 9982 6313

          http://ayrton360.com
          http://rio.360cities.net
          http://vrfolio.com
          http://ayrton.com

        • aiwetir
          Message 4 of 23 , Dec 29, 2008
            i got that wrong, it's this

            # vlookatmin
            vertical minimum look position in spherical coordinates (-90° ..
            +90°), default="-90"
            # vlookatmax
            vertical maximum look position in spherical coordinates (-90° ..
            +90°), default="+90"

            so it would be this if i'm not mistaken

            <view vlookatmin='-55' vlookatmax='+65' />

          • Juergen Schrader
            Message 5 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
              Brillant Ayrton. That's the right place for a Gigapixel :)

              GO! ;)
              Juergen

              > Okay guyssince some of you are having problems with my FPP
              version ...
              > I've prepared a KRP one :-)
              >
              > here it is :
              > <http://ayrton.com/360/krp/donamarta3/donamarta3k.html>
              >
              > There's a link on the original page also :
              > < http://ayrton.com/360/archives/502>
              >
              > It is still NOT a multiresolution version, since I'm waiting for
              some help
              > from Klaus with that :-)
              > I can't figure out how to use Kmaketiles on a cylinder image :-(
              > Sorry
              >
              > Best
              > AYRTON
              >

              > ------------
              > | A Y R |
              > | T O N |
              > ------------
              >
              > + 55 21 9982 6313
              >
              > http://ayrton360.com
              > http://rio.360cities.net
              > http://vrfolio.com
              > http://ayrton.com

            • Bjørn K Nilssen
              Message 6 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                On 30 Dec 2008 at 1:29, AYRTON wrote:

                > Okay guyssince some of you are having problems with my FPP version ...
                > I've prepared a KRP one :-)
                >
                > here it is :
                > <http://ayrton.com/360/krp/donamarta3/donamarta3k.html>
                >
                > There's a link on the original page also :
                > < http://ayrton.com/360/archives/502>

                This second one loads much faster here, and it also pans a lot smoother. Opera uses 500MB
                more RAM to show the first one. Something strange going on?
                BTW, the zoom range is much better on the second one too (almost too much). In he first
                one you never could zoom close enough I like to zoom in a lot, even past where it starts
                to soften.

                BTW, that tree with bird sounds (never found the bird ;) loaded very slowly too, so I
                thought it was just a slow connection..

              • Flemming V. Larsen
                Message 7 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                  The FPP version took ages to load - once loaded it's just fine.

                  The Krpano version loaded instantly - but is a bit slower on rotation.

                  Maybe the faster download with KRpano could be because it got the pano from
                  the browser cache?

                  WinXP Pro / AMD 1.856 MHz / 3 MB RAM / ATI Radion 9200 128 MB gfx-card 7 /
                  Internet Explorer / 10 MBit connection

                  Happy New Year
                  - Flemming
                • AYRTON
                  Message 8 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                    hey Aiwetir THANKS againI'm gonna try that

                    best
                    AYRTON

                    ------------
                    | A Y R |
                    | T O N |
                    ------------

                    + 55 21 9982 6313

                    http://ayrton360.com
                    http://rio.360cities.net
                    http://vrfolio.com
                    http://ayrton.com

                  • AYRTON
                    Message 9 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                      On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 7:15 AM, Juergen Schrader
                      <panorama@...>wrote:

                      > Brillant Ayrton. That's the right place for a Gigapixel :)

                      yeah .... I tough the same
                      I'll go back with some other lenses :-)

                      Happy 2009

                      best
                      AYRTON

                      > GO! ;)
                      > Juergen
                      >
                      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, AYRTON <avi@...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Okay guyssince some of you are having problems with my FPP
                      > version ...
                      > > I've prepared a KRP one :-)
                      > >
                      > > here it is :
                      > > <http://ayrton.com/360/krp/donamarta3/donamarta3k.html>
                      > >
                      > > There's a link on the original page also :
                      > > < http://ayrton.com/360/archives/502>
                      > >
                      > > It is still NOT a multiresolution version, since I'm waiting for
                      > some help
                      > > from Klaus with that :-)
                      > > I can't figure out how to use Kmaketiles on a cylinder image :-(
                      > > Sorry
                      > >
                      > > Best
                      > > AYRTON
                      > >

                      > > ------------
                      > > | A Y R |
                      > > | T O N |
                      > > ------------
                      > >
                      > > + 55 21 9982 6313
                      > >
                      > > http://ayrton360.com
                      > > http://rio.360cities.net
                      > > http://vrfolio.com
                      > > http://ayrton.com

                      ------------
                      | A Y R |
                      | T O N |
                      ------------

                      + 55 21 9982 6313

                      http://ayrton360.com
                      http://rio.360cities.net
                      http://vrfolio.com
                      http://ayrton.com

                    • AYRTON
                      Message 10 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                        On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 7:32 AM, Bjørn K Nilssen <bk@...> wrote:

                        > This second one loads much faster here, and it also pans a lot smoother.
                        > Opera uses 500MB
                        > more RAM to show the first one. Something strange going on?

                        I don't know, but a lot of users with IE are having crashing problems with
                        the KRP version :-(

                        > BTW, the zoom range is much better on the second one too (almost too much).

                        I didn't figure out how to limit the zoom :-)

                        > In he first one you never could zoom close enough I like to zoom in a lot,
                        > even past where it starts
                        > to soften.

                        :-)

                        > BTW, that tree with bird sounds (never found the bird ;) loaded very slowly
                        > too, so I
                        > thought it was just a slow connection..

                        maybe lots of visitators at the same time ...
                        only yesterday I had more than 700 visitors with 9.600 pageviews ...

                        best
                        AYRTON

                        > --
                        > Bjørn K Nilssen - http://bknilssen.no - panoramas and 3D

                        ------------
                        | A Y R |
                        | T O N |
                        ------------

                        + 55 21 9982 6313

                        http://ayrton360.com
                        http://rio.360cities.net
                        http://vrfolio.com
                        http://ayrton.com

                      • AYRTON
                        Message 11 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                          On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 8:06 AM, Flemming V. Larsen
                          <fvl@...>wrote:

                          > The FPP version took ages to load - once loaded it's just fine.

                          thanks Flemming

                          > The Krpano version loaded instantly - but is a bit slower on rotation.

                          they both are running from the same image ... a 7930 X 1767 JPG

                          Maybe the faster download with KRpano could be because it got the pano from
                          > the browser cache?

                          I don't think so, since it's the same image, but I placed it twice on my
                          server in a different folder (directory) just to avoid problems ...

                          > WinXP Pro / AMD 1.856 MHz / 3 MB RAM / ATI Radion 9200 128 MB gfx-card 7 /
                          > Internet Explorer / 10 MBit connection

                          I have a 2 mb connection and they all work perfect

                          > Happy New Year

                          same to you and family
                          2009 in peace and NO crisis

                          best
                          AYRTON

                          > - Flemming

                          ------------
                          | A Y R |
                          | T O N |
                          ------------

                          + 55 21 9982 6313

                          http://ayrton360.com
                          http://rio.360cities.net
                          http://vrfolio.com
                          http://ayrton.com

                        • Ken Warner
                          Message 12 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                            All this discussion about 7930 x 1767 JPEG image?

                            That's not a very big image. Send me a link to the
                            cylindrical image. I'll stick it in my Java viewer
                            and you can compare. Or not...

                            AYRTON wrote:
                            > On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 8:06 AM, Flemming V. Larsen
                            > <fvl@...>wrote:
                            >

                            >>The FPP version took ages to load - once loaded it's just fine.
                            >

                            > thanks Flemming
                            >

                            >>The Krpano version loaded instantly - but is a bit slower on rotation.
                            >

                            > they both are running from the same image ... a 7930 X 1767 JPG
                            >

                            > Maybe the faster download with KRpano could be because it got the pano from
                            >
                            >>the browser cache?
                            >

                            > I don't think so, since it's the same image, but I placed it twice on my
                            > server in a different folder (directory) just to avoid problems ...
                            >

                            >>WinXP Pro / AMD 1.856 MHz / 3 MB RAM / ATI Radion 9200 128 MB gfx-card 7 /
                            >>Internet Explorer / 10 MBit connection
                            >

                            > I have a 2 mb connection and they all work perfect
                            >

                            >>Happy New Year
                            >

                            > same to you and family
                            > 2009 in peace and NO crisis
                            >
                            > best
                            > AYRTON
                            >

                            >>- Flemming
                            >>

                            >>------------------------------------
                            >>
                            >>--

                          • Ken Warner
                            Message 13 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                              By the way, I tried to load it into IE6 on a Windows 2000 machine
                              and it crashed IE6.

                              AYRTON wrote:
                              > On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 8:06 AM, Flemming V. Larsen
                              > <fvl@...>wrote:
                              >

                              >>The FPP version took ages to load - once loaded it's just fine.
                              >

                              > thanks Flemming
                              >

                              >>The Krpano version loaded instantly - but is a bit slower on rotation.
                              >

                              > they both are running from the same image ... a 7930 X 1767 JPG
                              >

                              > Maybe the faster download with KRpano could be because it got the pano from
                              >
                              >>the browser cache?
                              >

                              > I don't think so, since it's the same image, but I placed it twice on my
                              > server in a different folder (directory) just to avoid problems ...
                              >

                              >>WinXP Pro / AMD 1.856 MHz / 3 MB RAM / ATI Radion 9200 128 MB gfx-card 7 /
                              >>Internet Explorer / 10 MBit connection
                              >

                              > I have a 2 mb connection and they all work perfect
                              >

                              >>Happy New Year
                              >

                              > same to you and family
                              > 2009 in peace and NO crisis
                              >
                              > best
                              > AYRTON
                              >

                              >>- Flemming
                              >>

                              >>------------------------------------
                              >>
                              >>--

                            • AYRTON
                              Message 14 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                                On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 1:50 PM, Ken Warner <kwarner000@...> wrote:

                                > All this discussion about 7930 x 1767 JPEG image?

                                :-)

                                > That's not a very big image.

                                we know :-)
                                it's a reduced version of the original 18.622 image

                                Thanks
                                Happy 2009

                                best
                                AYRTON

                                > Send me a link to the
                                > cylindrical image. I'll stick it in my Java viewer
                                > and you can compare. Or not...
                                >
                                > AYRTON wrote:
                                > > On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 8:06 AM, Flemming V. Larsen
                                > > <fvl@...>wrote:
                                > >

                                > >>The FPP version took ages to load - once loaded it's just fine.
                                > >

                                > > thanks Flemming
                                > >

                                > >>The Krpano version loaded instantly - but is a bit slower on rotation.
                                > >

                                > > they both are running from the same image ... a 7930 X 1767 JPG
                                > >

                                > > Maybe the faster download with KRpano could be because it got the pano
                                > from
                                > >
                                > >>the browser cache?
                                > >

                                > > I don't think so, since it's the same image, but I placed it twice on my
                                > > server in a different folder (directory) just to avoid problems ...
                                > >

                                > >>WinXP Pro / AMD 1.856 MHz / 3 MB RAM / ATI Radion 9200 128 MB gfx-card 7
                                > /
                                > >>Internet Explorer / 10 MBit connection
                                > >

                                > > I have a 2 mb connection and they all work perfect
                                > >

                                > >>Happy New Year
                                > >

                                > > same to you and family
                                > > 2009 in peace and NO crisis
                                > >
                                > > best
                                > > AYRTON
                                > >

                                > >>- Flemming
                                > >>

                                > >>------------------------------------
                                > >>
                                > >>--

                                ------------
                                | A Y R |
                                | T O N |
                                ------------

                                + 55 21 9982 6313

                                http://ayrton360.com
                                http://rio.360cities.net
                                http://vrfolio.com
                                http://ayrton.com

                              • Ken Warner
                                Message 15 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                                  Oh, never mind. Java would die a horrible death....

                                  AYRTON wrote:
                                  > On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 1:50 PM, Ken Warner <kwarner000@...> wrote:
                                  >

                                  >>All this discussion about 7930 x 1767 JPEG image?
                                  >

                                  > :-)
                                  >

                                  >>That's not a very big image.
                                  >

                                  > we know :-)
                                  > it's a reduced version of the original 18.622 image
                                  >
                                  > Thanks
                                  > Happy 2009
                                  >
                                  > best
                                  > AYRTON
                                  >

                                  >>Send me a link to the
                                  >>cylindrical image. I'll stick it in my Java viewer
                                  >>and you can compare. Or not...
                                  >>
                                  >>AYRTON wrote:

                                  >>>thanks Flemming

                                  >>>they both are running from the same image ... a 7930 X 1767 JPG
                                  >>>

                                  >>>Maybe the faster download with KRpano could be because it got the pano
                                  >>
                                  >>from

                                  >>>I don't think so, since it's the same image, but I placed it twice on my
                                  >>>server in a different folder (directory) just to avoid problems ...

                                  >>/

                                  >>>I have a 2 mb connection and they all work perfect

                                  >>>same to you and family
                                  >>>2009 in peace and NO crisis
                                  >>>
                                  >>>best
                                  >>>AYRTON

                                  >>------------------------------------
                                  >>
                                  >>--

                                • Bernd
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                                    Hi Ayrton, nice work !!!
                                    I have also problems to view the FPP version ... Browser Firefox
                                    freezes after ca 5sec.
                                    With KRPano everything is okay and the speed is also good here.

                                    Best wishes
                                    Bernd
                                  • AYRTON
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Dec 30, 2008
                                      On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 2:54 PM, Bernd <schuhdohrmann@...> wrote:

                                      > Hi Ayrton, nice work !!!

                                      thanks

                                      > I have also problems to view the FPP version ... Browser Firefox
                                      > freezes after ca 5sec.
                                      > With KRPano everything is okay and the speed is also good here.

                                      good to hear :-)

                                      best 2009

                                      AYRTON

                                      > Best wishes