Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: strange Problem with PTgui 5

  • Serge Maandag (yahoo)
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 16, 2006
      > I think the curious project is the result of either applying a template
      > for a set of images that are not in the same orientation as in the
      > original project, or using a project file with a set of images that
      > have been rotated since the project was last saved. Or something along
      > those lines. I did manage to produce a similar effect this way, but
      > Peter may have other ideas.

      I didn't exactly follow this thread, but isn't this related to the exif
      rotation problem?

      PTGui rotates the images according to the value of the rotation tag in the
      EXIF header. But if you use the panorama tools for warping (which is used
      automatically if FoV >160), the rotation tag is not honoured.

      I would expect the images to have a 90 degrees rotation in this case, but
      it does seem a somewhat similar problem anyhow.

      Serge.