Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: PTGui 6 (Mac) and Nona

  • Bernhard Vogl
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 15, 2006
      Hello Erik, Carel,

      Yes and no (this also answers the question of Carel):

      - First i batch process my bracketed images with Photomatix, where i
      also create a tonemapped version of the HDRs
      - Then i load the tonemapped images into PTGui and let the CP generator
      run over the panorama
      - After saving the .pts file, i open it with an editor and rename the
      tonemapped (JPEG or TIFF) images to the correct HDR input images
      - then i load the project with Hugin (Hugin can read PTGui-projects!),
      select Nona as stitcher and output the panorama in HDR format.

      There's ony one mayor backdraw at the moment, and this concerns the
      blending process:
      I'm used to the fact, that tools like Enblend make light falloff of the
      lens invisible. Enblend already knows how to blend the HDR files, but
      there seems to be a bug in enblend at seams with mayor brightness
      differences near the blending seam. I've already reported this bug to
      Andrew but unfortunately he's a little short of time at the moment, so i
      still have to wait for my "perfect workflow"...

      Best regards
      Bernhard

      --
      Bernhard Vogl