Re: 5d Mark 2 10.5 Combo

  • Juergen Schrader
    Message 1 of 26 , Dec 20, 2008
      I remembered the banding issue when I read this today on the Canon
      Website:

      #########

      FAQ: Important information for EOS 5D Mark II users.

      We have learned that some users of the Canon EOS 5D Mark II digital
      SLR camera have identified two types of image quality phenomena that
      appear under certain shooting conditions.

      "Black dot" phenomenon (the right side of point light sources becomes
      black)

      Vertical banding noise

      Ursache
      We are currently investigating and analysing the causes, and
      examining measures to reduce or eliminate these phenomena by
      providing correction firmware. An announcement will be made on
      www.canon.de as soon as measures have been determined.

      Antwort:

      Details of the phenomena and shooting conditions under which they are
      likely to occur are as follows.

      "Black dot" phenomenon (the right side of point light sources becomes
      black)
      When shooting night scenes, the right side of point light sources
      (such as lights from building windows) may become black. The
      phenomenon may become visible if the images are enlarged to 100% or
      above on a monitor or if extremely large prints of the images are
      made.

      Vertical banding noise
      If the recording format is set to sRAW1, vertical banding noise may
      become visible depending on the camera settings, subject, and
      background.
      ▪ Vertical banding noise is not noticeable if the recording format is
      set to sRAW2.
      ▪ Vertical banding noise does not occur if the recording format is
      set to RAW or JPEG.
      ▪ Noise can be reduced if C.Fn II-3: Highlight tone priority is set
      to 0: Disable.

      Canon apologizes for any inconvenience caused and thanks
      photographers for their patience.

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Juergen Schrader" <panorama@...>